PDA

View Full Version : how do you clean..

Ryan
08-03-09, 05:15 PM
Your bikes?

Just wondering how everyone cleans their bikes i know some people dont like using presure washers, i normaly just go over mine with a bottle of MR Sheen and a pack of dusters unless its really dirty :)

steveo
08-03-09, 06:13 PM
hi ryan9t9, i clean my bike witn no water no fairy washing up stuff(unless well dirty) i use nothing but castrol bike polish with a really fluffy cloth its really good on plastic, chrome and painted surfaces brings it up like its a new bike, only problem i have is i keep cleaning the seat with it and it makes it like a polished wooden floor when ya just have socks on hahaha,

well recomended [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
08-03-09, 06:39 PM
yeah then you slide around on the seat for a while i get that with mine ;D

jack930
08-03-09, 06:40 PM
Ive been told their is some stuff called Muck off that you can hand spray on ,leave for 10 min and then use a normal hose to wash off , only thing is ive been told you need to regreese stuff and lub,as it takes all the crap off , [smiley=happy.gif]

Ryan
08-03-09, 06:50 PM
i used to use that on my little 50, its good stuff but it meens using water, like to try and keep water away from my bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6T
08-03-09, 07:12 PM
i tend to hose the old triumph down if the paint work is coverd in dust/dirt then use chamois leather to wipe down dry off before polishing i allways use Auto Gleam as i have found that it is very easy to apply and buff off and gives an excellent shine :)

steveo
08-03-09, 07:33 PM
i got to do it again tomoz so if i get a chance to go out tomoz i will have no manhood left by time i get back lol,

tip dnt polish ya seat hahaha :D

Carbonkid
08-03-09, 08:25 PM
I'm a bit of a regular buffer me :D

I use a standard hoespipe usually - my jetwash when it gets reallydirty (avoiding any bearings naturally)
A good car/bike shampoo and sponge for the initial wash.
A good chamios. I've found Autoglyms Synthetic one really good.
Muck Off and a 1 inch paint brush for the stubbon bits - swing arm, underneath etc...
White Spirits / WD40 to get splatterd chain lube off the rear wheel.
Auto Glym polish and a coat of Auto Glym Gold Wax for the paint work every other month.
Back to Black for the engine, hoses and electrical cables.
Finally I wipe my chain with white spirits in a rag, then a good lube with Silkolene synthetic chain lube... 8-)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jack930
08-03-09, 09:09 PM
OCD :D :D :D lol :P

Carbonkid
08-03-09, 10:25 PM
Wait til you get your Duke :D

mikesouthby
08-03-09, 10:28 PM
Sounds like you need some practice Jase, when do you want me to drop mine around..?

Carbonkid
08-03-09, 10:54 PM
I've had tooo much practice riding a naked (bike that is!)... ::)

igbell
09-03-09, 01:01 PM
I wash it by hand with norm car wash stuff and then use the flash spry that means I can let it dry without a chamious or such, but then if I want to make sure it is clean I will then use MER as a polish and give it a once over.

I need to give a good strip down of all panels and tank to give her a real clean due to using her during the winter makes her fur up.

crewy
09-03-09, 04:13 PM
A nice clean sponge and a bucket of warm water with the muck off wash solution in it, but i to like thunderbird find Auto glym is the best 4 polishing.

Also i have some muck off leather boot cleaner, spary it on leave it for a few min and my white boots come up spotless!!! Just thought i'd mention this!!! lol ;) :)

Trist
09-03-09, 05:22 PM
I do it the old fashioned way lol

Bucket of cool water with Turtlewax Shampoo, rinse down and Chamois followed by Autosol polish for frame and exhaust downpipes and water disperal on the fastenings etc.

Lastly I add Turtle wax over the Autoglym to give it the shine then buff it off - I only apply Autoglym polish twice a year as it seems to last quite a while.

Might start using Muck-off though, anything to make life simpler :)

jj
09-03-09, 05:34 PM
only ever use mr sheen to clean mine but it never goes out if the roads or weather is bad

igbell
10-03-09, 05:26 PM
What you got JJ a Hog???

jj
10-03-09, 05:37 PM
would never take my bike in the rain takes too long to clean and with over 170bhp at the back wheel not alot of fun

Iceman
11-03-09, 04:44 PM
Bucket of soapy water followed by WD40! :)

Davey
12-03-09, 07:36 AM
I don't I hate cleaning bikes - if I do its a bucket of water/ hose and auto gleam shampoo - and tango polish after (polish used by dealerships - not as good as Mr Sheen but I have loads of it so best go through that :))

igbell
12-03-09, 08:47 AM
I thought you would give yours to the workshop boys to clean for you Stu.....

Davey
12-03-09, 10:11 AM
I thought you would give yours to the workshop boys to clean for you Stu.....

I wish! But that is a though if I put it in the p/x line up in the warehouse it might get done ;D

igbell
12-03-09, 11:03 AM
Give us a shout when you are doing yours and I will drop mine round as well, then they can clean them both in the PX line up

westcountryninja
12-03-09, 11:11 AM
I need mine done if anyone fancys give it the once over... not good at cleaning me...lol

Ducatista
12-03-09, 05:29 PM
Does anyone use ACF50 (anti corrosion formula) or FS365 (the scottoiler version)?

I've been riding in the winter and like a lot of other people I'm not always available to clean my bike at the optimum moment, so sometimes it gets left.

BB
12-03-09, 05:34 PM
FS365 works for me - or rather my Duke & Ghost's Street Triple and a few others in the garage. It's good stuff [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

R1chie
12-03-09, 11:34 PM
A combination of any decent shampoo, wd40 for stubborn stains and Pledge polish for that shiney finish ;D

crewy
15-03-09, 05:42 PM
Does anyone use ACF50 (anti corrosion formula) or FS365 (the scottoiler version)?.

My dad used this on his XJR and the bottom of the forks and backs of the mirror's have rusted slightly, it seemed to have the opposite effect??? But WD40 works good for me!!!

nickw
16-03-09, 11:57 PM
I find Proclean works well too, in a bucket of warm water mixed with maguirs car shampoo. Bit like muck off, You spray it on then agitate with brush and then hose it off,then leather it dry. Job done :)

Amante_271
17-03-09, 07:12 AM
I always find the best method is to buy Roses chocolates!!

Then hand them over when Snr Management has done a great job!! ;)

igbell
17-03-09, 11:56 AM
and I can he does do this as well the cheeky so and so