PDA

View Full Version : Electric scooter

Kevinb
16-03-09, 08:51 AM
I was outside Asda Saturday and was talking to a chap with an electric scooter. He said he commutes to Devizes every day and a charge lasts about 60 miles (charges overnight) also no road tax.
The only thing was the price - £5k. You would have to do a lot of 60 mile journeys to recoupe that.

Kev

Iceman
16-03-09, 09:20 AM
..good for the planet though mate! There's also that electric sports bike being released this year with performance similar to an average 600.That'll set you back £20k though.

Davey
16-03-09, 11:40 AM
they appear to be a good green idea until you also take into account of them having to be plugged in to be charged - so though they don't pump the rubbish out they do it via a power plant miles away!

They are weird to ride as silent, but have a good pick up and easily de-restricted as we had them to play with at my old place

Kevinb
16-03-09, 01:13 PM
When I spoke to the chap he said his company was planning to put in a wind turbine to create power and he could charge his scooter during the day.

Ryan
16-03-09, 02:22 PM
theres electric cars poping up now aswell, anyone see that one they had on topgear ragging it round thier track ;D

Azrall
16-03-09, 03:18 PM
Can't say I'm fond of any thing being electric! But 5k for a scooter seems a bit much. =/

igbell
17-03-09, 12:00 PM
yeah whats the point of having something that is green that uses power from a power plant that throws out the gasses anyway??

crewy
17-03-09, 01:56 PM
Give me the smell of petrol and the noise of a nice twin any day off the week!!!