PDA

View Full Version : mad drivers?

steveo
17-03-09, 12:55 PM
went out for a ride with me mate yesterday and somewhere round neather wollap(think thats how u spell it) , well we was testing out some of the back roads coz he wanted to help me with my cornering, and some silly driver in his big posh bmw cut the corner, totaly shatering my line for the corner nearly ended up in a funny looking bush,

thank got the pub we was going to was just round the next corner
(had a coke mind you) ande bout 6 fags haha

now i think me corners will be done at low speed, haha FOREVER

westcountryninja
17-03-09, 03:49 PM
How fast were you going?

steveo
17-03-09, 04:42 PM
the road had national limit but coz i not confident usualy get into corners bout 40 but coz was trying to keep up with me mate bout 50

Ryan
17-03-09, 06:07 PM
yeah gota be carefull of cars cutting cornors, its done to much by car drivers ::)

paddee
17-03-09, 07:58 PM
Unfortunately some bikers also cut corners badly :(
So take that into account and both get that 'target fixation' thingy and you both head bang.

(I'm pointing at nobody at all, just some thing I see about, bikers on 'inside' of corners, leaning way over the line)

Bladepc
17-03-09, 08:13 PM
what like this guy !!!

http://www.visordown.com/gallery/image.asp?sp=&v=1&uabn=6299&uin=14633

steveo
17-03-09, 08:13 PM
but thats the thing torq i had just come in from the middle of the road to be in the middle of my lane for the corner and boo the car literaly cut the whole corner off, its hard to explain,maybe my corner line was total crap,

Ryan
17-03-09, 08:14 PM
cooooor bloody hell :o

steveo
17-03-09, 08:16 PM
bladepc no way like that, but picture that car with the lane divider bang in the middle of the car and then picture a bike coming round the corner in middle of road, but remember its a country road so its slimmer

Bladepc
17-03-09, 08:17 PM
ah i see steve ,

did u see the rest of the pictures on that site though :o ?

steveo
17-03-09, 08:17 PM
hold on have another look only saw one pic

Ryan
17-03-09, 08:20 PM
just looked at the rest, looks pretty nasty

steveo
17-03-09, 08:22 PM
wow wee that has got to hurt, nice to see his mate fu~~##g off in the background tho :o

davej
17-03-09, 08:24 PM
no its a typical BMW driver seems they think they are kings of the road if you watch you will find BMW drivers are the worst out there
arrogant uncaring and if theres a idiot on the road hes driving one.

back in the 70s bikers slated volvo drivers 80s were little pricks in hot hatches 90s bmws and they still have the title in the naughties

just watch and tell me im wrong

steveo
17-03-09, 08:25 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D you go im with ya

Scotty
17-03-09, 10:55 PM
Proof were it ever needed that buying a K5/6 Gixxer Thou doesn't mean you can actually ride... :-? Jeans and trainers? (the left one coming off in the course of his crash)... all the gear, no idea ::)

paddee
17-03-09, 11:24 PM
Corners are a hard bit of biking, right speed, right revs and rigt position
Certainly helps attending the bike safe.
that and plenty of experience help also, but I'm no experience rider me self. I've been riding just about a year now.

I used to have an NTV 650, didn't realise how much I disliked it until I got the V-Strom 1000.

Now I'm much more confident in cornering.
Also I find what I'm wearing, seems to help (in my mind :-? )

I've seen many diag' on perfect cornering, but it still comes down to your self, the corner and every one else around.

We could go on for some many posts discussing cornering, and I'm sure it may well do :)

Iceman
18-03-09, 04:03 AM
...........well I got a story about a plonker BMW driver but you've heard it all before suffice to say I had the last laugh!!! ;D ;D

Amante_271
18-03-09, 06:13 AM
Ok, Im ready to take the abuse as I now have a BMW. YES, there are some yuppie prats (they still exist in their minds anyway) who think because they have a 316 that its a M3 and they can drive like Lewis Hamilton. I do some times cut the odd corner, WHEN I CAN SEE AND ITS CLEAR, if not, then I keep to my side.

Ive also seen alot of bikes recently over taking in a wild manner, on double white lines, or on the wrong side of the road on a blind right hander as they were going in way to fast and had to lean over, knee slide kissing he deck! All looks really cool until they hear a horn and see someone going in the other direction!!

What Im trying to say is nobody is perfect, weall have to use the roads and they are getting more conjested so just take care and ride/drive with in your limits ad the limits of the road. its better to arrive 5 seconds later than in a body bag!!!

Iceman
18-03-09, 06:46 AM
...well said Amante! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
18-03-09, 09:11 AM
hey amante get off of your soap box.....

steveo
18-03-09, 09:38 AM
come on iceman tell us ya story ;D ;D ;D
think if i get new lighter bike it will help loads, dnt have prob with most bmw drivers just the twat that nearly killed me hahahaha

igbell
18-03-09, 09:44 AM
Last night going home come past bruce bridges in Swindon on the Great Western Way and then had a Pug 307 SW try and come from the left lane into the right lane without looking or any indicators, she soon heard a Horn and a tap on the window from a size 8 boot, this made her swerve back into her lane.

steveo
18-03-09, 09:47 AM
dnt blame ya, but you got lil feet aint ya ;D

igbell
18-03-09, 09:51 AM
yep thats true, but then I am only 5'9" so not a tall bloke.

steveo
18-03-09, 09:57 AM
cool sorry wasnt taking the piss just im like size 12 lol , still want to here icemans story, has anyone got any other storys of near misses ?

igbell
18-03-09, 10:18 AM
None taken Steve....

steveo
18-03-09, 10:41 AM
good good happy riding

Azrall
18-03-09, 10:59 AM
When I used to ride a scooter when i was 16-17 i used to find that BMW drivers didnt like me filtering down great western way. Some deliberatley moved into the middle. Pr!cks. One guy got a boot in the door once, followd by another boot in the door from the guy on the goldwing behind me! lol.

Think the moral here is, dont act like a pr!ck and you wont be treated like one =]

Amante_271
19-03-09, 06:09 AM
but then I am only 3'9" so not a tall bloke.
Adjusted for reality... Hes our site Dwarf!! ;D

igbell
20-03-09, 11:47 AM
Ah but Dwarfs were made for sprinting (Lord of the Rings)
Its not my fault they shoved me in the draw to sleep all the time....it stunted my growth

Ryan
20-03-09, 11:48 AM
lmao ;D

steveo
20-03-09, 12:35 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D