PDA

View Full Version : Another eejit gets jailed

Scotty
20-03-09, 06:28 PM
Unlike the 'Busa rider who was simply speeding with a kid on the back, I think it fair to say that this pillock more than deserved getting banged up.... would you agree?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7947005.stm

Iceman
20-03-09, 06:41 PM
Like I said before it appears that law enforcement is clamping down on speeding bikers.Sentence a few and the rest think twice! A strong message to those who wish to ride at stupid speeds endangering not just other road users but also fellow bikers especialy on bad cornering lines! As for sentencing,in this case he was also uninsured and failed to stop!

6T
20-03-09, 07:42 PM
looks to me that he had a death wish :o

SupeRDel
20-03-09, 09:24 PM
Trouble is the mindless few are having a big effect on those of use who like to go a bit quick sometimes.

One of the committee members of the Aircooled club has just been banned for speeding.

He was at the manx GP and was followed for 14 miles around the TT circuit by a police camera bike - He is NO novice rider either.

Qualified motorcycle instructor

Ryan
20-03-09, 09:24 PM
see this on MB, stupidity at its most ::)

Iceman
20-03-09, 09:47 PM
Good point raised there "SupeRDel". We all like a quick blast now and again,it goes without saying but these speeding"rare events" are getting a lot of publicity and giving bikers in general a bad name! The other day I saw a film about an unmarked Hayabusa police bike with the purpose of intercepting speeding riders.I saw a film about a Helicopter used in Wales with the purpose of filming bike rideouts from altitude with the riders totally unaware of the video evidence being captured.Bear that in mind the next time you go down to Abergavenny!
I have been on a few rideouts and found the riding standard in general to be sensible and safe.I enjoy these a lot and it is not about speed for me but just the sheer pleasure I get out of cruising along in a pack! Wiltshire Bikers has a great bunch of lads and lassies and I've yet to see one who I would call a "Mr attitude speed freak" who would bring discredit to our rideouts and regular weekly meets! I wish the public in general would realise that we are a good bunch and our clubs and hobby are a peaceful and enjoyable way of life and pastime for others.
Safe riding my friends! :)

steveo
21-03-09, 11:57 AM
omg i cant belive there are bikers out there like that, like it isnt dangerouse enough on 2 wheel without acting like a prat, its a real shame people like him give bikers a bad name because it seems to me that once a bike does something bad we all pay the price, ie cars want move over that lil bit to give ya space to filter witch i think is really nice of them to do that considering they dnt have too. god i could go on, bikers and car drivers should work together to make the roads safer during the summer weather becouse that is when the greater groups of bikers are out or even inderviduals out for a quick blast, sorry maybe im wrong just really annoys me to see videos like that :-[

safe riding this summer guys and girls dnt want to here of any accedents plz

p.s sorry bout my poo spelling :)

FJ_Biker
21-03-09, 10:23 PM
The sad thing here is the 100BHP limit is raising its head in Brussels soon.

When MAG, FEMA and the BMF are trying to fight our corner on unlimited BHP the bureaucrats will quote cases like this.

Idiots like this give us a bad name.

Iceman
21-03-09, 10:42 PM
The sad thing here is the 100BHP limit is raising its head in Brussels soon.

When MAG, FEMA and the BMF are trying to fight our corner on unlimited BHP the bureaucrats will quote cases like this.

Idiots like this give us a bad name.

...didn't know that.More attacks on our freedom then! >:(

Ryan
22-03-09, 02:37 PM
I never knew this either, are they trying to push for that over here?