PDA

View Full Version : Scratcher,cruiser or in between?

Iceman
21-03-09, 09:13 AM
Just to get a light hearted and hopefully interesting topic going, what do you enjoy about riding your bike the best,crusing,scratching or just the enjoyment of owning a bike and the freedom it gives.Maybe it's just a means of transport.Maybe you love the friendship that exists between bikers and the clubs!Maybe a way of life?I ride a ZX6R and although a sports bike,find myself to be a definate cruiser type of rider, but also get great satisfaction from the occasional blast.I have my favourite corners when I feel in the mood for some scratching but other days I get up with the sun shining and hit the road for a long lazy cruise before lunch.I enjoy most though the freedom it represents and meeting up with like minded bikers,attending meets and rideouts. So,what If you wish to share your thoughts are your views?Maybe your present bike is a compromise and you yearn for a Hayabusa or that Gold Wing? Anyway,just a light hearted topic to get some friendly chat going.
[smiley=happy.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
21-03-09, 06:04 PM
I currently ride a VTR which doesn't do much for me! If I could find a reliable quick one I'd only have supermotos as love riding them - the only bike that made me want to go out a play last summer

Azrall
21-03-09, 07:01 PM
Well if you like the occasional blast on your bike and want a cruiser feel...

the Suzuki Intruder M1800R is your man..err bike!
http://www.motorbike-search-engine.co.uk/2006_Bikes/INTRUDERM1800R.jpg

kes2463
21-03-09, 07:02 PM
Guess I'm in between on this one Iceman :-/. My 650 Nighthawk was Honda's attempt for a cruiser in 1982 but it's a bit of a mix really. 8-)

Trist
21-03-09, 08:14 PM
I'm in between - depends on my mood and confidence.

had my first KD of the year today but was not a road corner - Hungerford/wantage M4 interchange.

The only corner I have been able to KD and feel comfortable doing so is a nice right hander coming out of Avebury towards Wroughton. Don't think it makes you any faster by any means but its of course satisfying on warm tarmac with cambered inwards corners - but its finding the right ones.

jack930
21-03-09, 10:20 PM
Just enjoy the ride and fealing you have when riding ,you aint restrained by being in a car and stuck in traffic, also im getting better in the corners so starting to enjoy them ,always looking for the A/B roads, also like the meets and riding in a group when we do.

FJ_Biker
21-03-09, 10:32 PM
For me I just prefer riding than driving, there are just to many good bikes out there to choose from. In an ideal world I would have a selection of bikes to suit my mood

igbell
24-03-09, 01:31 PM
A bike.....
Well it all depends on the country the weather and the style of riding you are doing.....
I love my VFR to bits but then in Corfu I hired a crusier as this was better on there roads and sunshine, then in NZ I had a VFR down there as well,

Iceman
24-03-09, 04:26 PM
A bike.....
Well it all depends on the country I love my VFR to bits but then in Corfu I hired a crusier as this was better on there roads and sunshine, then in NZ I had a VFR down there as well,

Nice to be able to tour parts of the World! You must post some of your rides' points of interest enroute.I'm sure a lot hear would be interested.

Trevena
24-03-09, 07:33 PM
I like the riding position of my Burgman and would just like the 650 version.

Knee problems would prevent me from being comfy on something that meant knees bent at a sharp angle.

If I had a manual license I'd go for a cruiser style for the similar riding style and position. It's academic as I've no intent of taking a manual test but I think there are auto cruisers out there. Honda DN01 anyone - £9223 ON THE ROAD :-[
http://estb.msn.com/i/2E/C62919D37B6625AC8D30D01BA9C1.jpg

Carbonkid
24-03-09, 08:44 PM
I'm with FJ... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

But as I only have the funds for only one bike at a time and a single garage, my Fazer thou does it all... ;D