PDA

View Full Version : o no mot time

steveo
19-03-09, 06:13 PM
having my bike mot at sjs in salisbury next week and its failed already becouse i told them bout the leaking break pot thing on the front of the bike, they asked what eals eas wrong so i told them and now i am really in for it, the list went on now, its going to cost me millions to get it running propa and not like a limp slug, :'(

but on a good note it should do the trick and i be back on the road befor ya know it

nicko600
19-03-09, 06:18 PM
Are SJS doing MOTs now? They weren't last time I was there. I normally go to Burnout.

Ryan
19-03-09, 06:18 PM
u gota get it back on the road dude, summers coming :D

kez_kitten
19-03-09, 06:20 PM
yeh they're doing mots now for about £27.50, but thats pretty much the going rate isnt it! :-?

Ryan
19-03-09, 06:24 PM
dont think ive gota worrie about an mot till augest

kez_kitten
19-03-09, 06:26 PM
lucky for u lol his bike is running like a heap of poo so im more concerned about the price lol

nicko600
19-03-09, 06:26 PM
Price tends to be the same all over.

kez_kitten
19-03-09, 06:28 PM
i ment the total cost of getting it running normally, gonna cost a bomb! :'(

Ryan
19-03-09, 06:32 PM
should bring it to andover to be sorted my mechanic get it running sweet as a nut and hes cheap cheap cheap ;D

kez_kitten
19-03-09, 06:38 PM
u got ur own personal mechanic ;)

Ryan
19-03-09, 06:47 PM
lol the matey ive been using for the past 5 years ;D

steveo
19-03-09, 06:49 PM
can anyone diagnose my prob, bike vibrates like a dil##! in high drive, got no real top end to it, dnt excellerate like a 750 should, ????

all i know is its going to cost £££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££ :o

Mosser
19-03-09, 06:57 PM
there's a bloke a few doors down from me in Warminster that does bike repairs and welding, very cheap and does a very good job, i know quite a few people that have used him and been very happy with the work and the price too !

He can also recover bikes in his trailer too if they arent running or not taxed or mot'd

Give me a shout if you want me to put you in touch with him

steveo
19-03-09, 09:47 PM
that would be cool will let ya know mate

steveo
23-03-09, 05:40 PM
had sjs see my bike today, it needs so much done, so dnt know when i am going to be back on the road :'(
. front fork seals
. back disc/pads
. front disc/pads
. carbs need re-timeing
. exhaust pipe is blown in the middle
. carb seals or something like that
. front tyre
. lose fairing
and whatever eles they find

o the stress, may have to scrap her, :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Ryan
23-03-09, 06:59 PM
sounds like you;d be better off getting rid dude, find somthing else?

steveo
23-03-09, 08:06 PM
i duno mate, i will be without a bike mate , duno if i could have no bike

Davey
23-03-09, 08:23 PM
hmmmm quite a list there! Realistically it might be worth breaking it and ebay being your best friend :-/

but then again loose fairing is easy ~ exhaust temp fix pack halfords £10 ~ tyre pre scrub £10-30 max unless someone has one spare ~ carb balancing someone might be able to do local along with fork seals (pm Jaydee maybe?)

discs - ebay also check what else might fit as few models are the same size

steveo
23-03-09, 08:25 PM
are disc and pads easy to change, may do alot myself but its going to sjs for the carb timing

Mosser
23-03-09, 08:28 PM
Its all easy stuff based on what you have listed above, get a quote from SJS and then give my neighbour but one a ring and i think you will be surprised how much cheaper he is than a dealer.

the exhaust can be welded for about £20 if its only a small patch, and the rest is basic stuff like brake pads and fork seals which dont cost much really, the only expensive bit i can see if the front tyre, but thats just a running expense with bikes really

Whats the make and model and year of your bike ??

steveo
23-03-09, 08:30 PM
suzuki gsxr750w 1992

could he do the timing as well then

steveo
23-03-09, 08:52 PM
i have a big favour to ask someone, i am going to buy all parts needed for my bike over the next few weeks, has anyone or your nabour but one mosser be able to help me with the work and show me how to do it in a garage or work shop or something plz wana try get it done in one or 2 days, if anyone can help plz let me know thanks

Mosser
24-03-09, 09:46 AM
when you say timing, do you mean balancing the carbs ?, he does that, and can setup the mixture as well.

If you mean ignition timing, i thought most of the more modern bikes were all timed by the ignition controller and non adjustable ?, but i might be wrong, he is capable of doing anything on bikes anyway, he used to race big bikes and has been working on them for 30+ years so knows loads more than i do, i just pop round when i see him working on a bike to do some learning myself !

But if you wanted to get him to do the work and be there to help out and learn, i'm sure it would be quicker and cheaper with you doing some of the work, and you would probably learn enough to do the basic servicing stuff yourself the next time around, and i would expect 1-1.5 days work should get it all done and ready for it re MOT and the road!

steveo
24-03-09, 02:16 PM
thats great, next time you see him, can ya tell him bout my probs and see if he can give ya a price on the work and let me know mate, then i will let ya know ? still waiting for sjs to give me the bike back lol

Mosser
24-03-09, 11:17 PM
I asked him, and he said he can do the work, but not this week as he is doing a front end rebuild on a gpz500, he would like to see the quote you got from SJS to see what parts/work is needed, his prices are about half of a dealers prices, and unfortunately, he cannot let you help out with the work due to insurance issues, but is happy to collect and deliver back to you if you cant get the bike to him, but this is charged at 45p per mile both ways,

If you want to do a bit of the work yourself to help lower your costs, you can remove the fairings before he collects the bike, his rates are £19 per hour labour, and he expects you have about 10-12 hours work from a quick look at the list.

He is happy for you to supply some or all of the parts to do the work, and he can also supply any parts needed too, its your choice.

steveo
25-03-09, 09:07 AM
wow thats great, i should be having the bike back 2day will speak to them about parts and will let ya know mate, thanks again

steveo
25-03-09, 09:16 AM
o forgot to say carbs dnt need doing aparently they r ok on second look