PDA

View Full Version : lock 2 lock

Cat_Macd
25-03-09, 11:25 PM
hey guys, found this on gocompares site while looking at insurance thought it was interesting idea...

The Lock 2 Lock scheme is a simple and effective way of protecting your bike against theft when parked in public places

Lock 2 Lock (L2L) is a national (UK) scheme that aims to put a stop to motorcycle and scooter theft from public places. We are bikers and we have set up this not for profit scheme because - through our own experiences – we understand the problem of finding a safe place to park in public. The scheme works by encouraging members to interlock their security chains together to secure their bikes and scooters. This prevents opportunist thieves from simply lifting single bikes into vans and stealing them. By allowing its members to create a daisy chain of locked bikes, L2L effectively renders this impossible.

link is http://www.lock2lock.co.uk/#

Iceman
26-03-09, 12:30 AM
hmm,trying to see how this works.Need to know more!

Davey
26-03-09, 07:08 AM
Yes it does work well as used for a while in London. Basically you only loop your lock around the other lock so prevents the bikes being lifted induvidually. As it's only through the lock it has no detremental effect to yourself getting your bike out.

What more do you need to know/ unsure about.......it works!

Single bike = simply to lift into a van
Daisy chained bikes = difficult to lift meaning scumbag moves to another bike

Kevinb
26-03-09, 08:35 AM
I would love to see someone lift the MT-01 into a van. I would just need to look for the nearest person with a hernia ;D

Davey
26-03-09, 08:51 AM
I would love to see someone lift the MT-01 into a van. I would just need to look for the nearest person with a hernia ;D

2 or 3 people and the right technique its not that hard! We have to lift large bikes into vans and onto podiums on a regular basis - also thieves don't normally care if it gets scratched.

Davey
26-03-09, 08:52 AM
Oh yeah I'm not going to tell anyone how its done for security reasons ;)

Iceman
26-03-09, 09:19 AM
Yes it does work well as used for a while in London. Basically you only loop your lock around the other lock so prevents the bikes being lifted induvidually.

Ok,that clarifies thigs.Thanks for the update Stu! ;)

BB
26-03-09, 09:33 PM
It's a simple but effective idea and works well.

BB

Cat_Macd
27-03-09, 12:54 AM
found out from site that they charge for the sticker and membership, you sticker the bike to let other bikers know you're a member and it gives permission for them to then attach their chain to yours.

igbell
27-03-09, 01:48 PM
Sounds like a plan to me.....