PDA

View Full Version : Avebury - Red Lion. no more bike meets

Chestnut_Tree
25-03-09, 09:43 PM
Just letting everyone know this.

I went out the other day on a ride, and went to the red lion in avebury, got chatting to the landlord and he informed me that they are not allowed to have bike meets at the pub anymore, seems that the locals have complained to head office about the noise, and what the bikers have been doing there.

I know they cant stop anyone from going there but officially they cant hold bike meets there anymore.

Just thought i would let you guys know. :'(

hotdog
25-03-09, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the info. It's been pretty widely known since they announced it last year. Bike nights at The Mermaid are a great substitute :D

By the way, if he hasn't already, Ryan should be talking to you about that as the landlady there (Nikki) is always interested in some sort of collaboration with other 'bike night' pubs.

Regards,

Davey
25-03-09, 09:48 PM
As far as I was aware the brewery placed a ban last year - but as you pointed out they are not turning people away

but then again don't forget theres the Mermaid club meet wednesday and the George Whites Bike night also on weds [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Chestnut_Tree
25-03-09, 09:50 PM
not seem him yet, but no doubt will over the weekend.

Ryan
25-03-09, 10:37 PM
LOL i shall be in for the 5'o'clock friday weekend beggining pint steve :)

Would be good to do somthing between the two pubs in the summer, is a nice disstance to ride so we could have a good starting pub for breakfast then dinner at the other pub or somthing. ill speak to you about it more over the weekend steve [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Iceman
25-03-09, 10:49 PM
"George White bike meets" on a Wednesday eve?I didn't know that! :-?

Ryan
25-03-09, 10:51 PM
Me neither :/

Davey
26-03-09, 07:11 AM
Really?? Well you both posted on the thread! ;D

http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1237320715

R1chie
26-03-09, 07:21 AM
;D ;D ;D

Iceman
26-03-09, 09:24 AM
Really?? Well you both posted on the thread! ;D

That only said that GW was opening late,not that it's holding it's own bike meet! As it says,a ride to MB later! 8-)

Davey
26-03-09, 09:53 AM
nice to see you read the 1st post well and that there will be a jolly to the mermaid after 8 and also a link for it via facebook :D ;D

Ryan
26-03-09, 01:43 PM
Oh, i dident know it was an actual bike meet? :S

Azrall
26-03-09, 03:49 PM
I was told by Mark at GW (at least i think it was mark lol!) that the GW meet was done to replace the one at Avebury because so many people were disapointed. Stupid locals >_>

hotdog
26-03-09, 07:52 PM
And if you believe that you'll believe anything lol.

Trust me, they're a business... it was done to get more customers :D

Still, whatever the reason, it should be fun.

Regards,

Ryan
26-03-09, 08:45 PM
indeedley doodley, shall be goood [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
26-03-09, 09:38 PM
And if you believe that you'll believe anything lol.

Trust me, they're a business... it was done to get more customers :D

Still, whatever the reason, it should be fun.

Regards,

The idea was actually forwarded by MCN - thats why throughout April at the meet you get a free copy and the MCN birds will be there - along with the advert this month for the half price bike cover

Yeah were all over the moon about working more hours - and for the time owed in leau for our extra hours it probably won't be worth it - unless we can get more hand overs done late [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
26-03-09, 11:43 PM
On wednesday stu will someone be avalible to sort that bit for my lid? [smiley=happy.gif]

SupeRDel
27-03-09, 07:04 AM
I ride where I want to and park where I want too.

No official bike night at the Red Line means NO more burger an in the car park and preferential parking.

Still a nice ride on a week night.

Davey
27-03-09, 07:08 AM
On wednesday stu will someone be avalible to sort that bit for my lid? [smiley=happy.gif]

Possibly - I don't know as I don't work in clothing so don't know their schedule.

Kevinb
27-03-09, 08:33 AM
I always found Avebury unfriendly. Queue for ages to get a drink and when you did get your coke it was flat. A nice ride out from Trowbridge, but I won't miss the pub.

Iceman
27-03-09, 01:52 PM
...never actually got round to visiting Avebury! oh well! :( ... but we got Sallys', Mermaid Inn and I believe GW now.Enough for anyone I think! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
27-03-09, 02:52 PM
I have enough trouble getting to the sally on a thursday and that's our own meet hehe...plus poole ties up tuesdays over the summer!