PDA

View Full Version : GSX-R K9 1000

benobiker
04-04-09, 07:17 PM
Has anyone blagged a ride on a gixer K9 1000 yet? Or the 750 for that matter? Went to have a look at one and they DO look impressive and all the writeups have been good, cant afford one just yet but doing me homework and would be interested to know if anyone has ridden one yet and what they think of it? Cheers.

igbell
04-04-09, 08:45 PM
Nope

Davey
04-04-09, 09:21 PM
As there is no difference between the K8 and K9 750 - yeah me ;)

I have also ridden the thou - but cannot really give a full report as I feel the full 50ft didn't allow me to experiance it fully 8-)

ONFIRE
04-04-09, 10:17 PM
Has anyone blagged a ride on a gixer K9 1000 yet? Or the 750 for that matter? Went to have a look at one and they DO look impressive and all the writeups have been good, cant afford one just yet but doing me homework and would be interested to know if anyone has ridden one yet and what they think of it? Cheers.

Had K8 750 Great bike you'll not be disappointed 8-)

benobiker
04-04-09, 11:58 PM
As there is no difference between the K8 and K9 750 - yeah me ;) ah yeah regularly play on a k7 750 which is a total honey of a bike. Thats for sure.

I have also ridden the thou - but cannot really give a full report as I feel the full 50ft didn't allow me to experiance it fully 8-)

Ah well its a start i guess, was that the black one in your showroom, was wondering why the mode button on that black one had meter written on it instead of mode like the other k9 gixers?

benobiker
04-04-09, 11:59 PM

Cheers Onfire, cant remember if there was much between the k7 and k8 i dont think there was in which case i agree, they are serious honeys.... And nice note for a stock can aswell.

Davey
05-04-09, 07:51 AM

Cheers Onfire, cant remember if there was much between the k7 and k8 i dont think there was in which case i agree, they are serious honeys.... And nice note for a stock can aswell.

Biggest difference was the exhaust from K7 was stubby and then went huuuuuuuuuge thanks to the tree huggers and the euro 3 crap :(

steveo
05-04-09, 11:16 AM
i so want a go on the k9, saw a new 600 at hayballs but think it was a k8 had a really funny look exhust on it, but still wana go

benobiker
05-04-09, 11:35 AM

Biggest difference was the exhaust from K7 was stubby and then went huuuuuuuuuge thanks to the tree huggers and the euro 3 crap :(

OH Feck! I had missed that bit of info!! Did not realise it was that sort of boll** that the change was due to!

Imagine you can still fit aftermarket cans though?

benobiker
05-04-09, 11:37 AM
i so want a go on the k9, saw a new 600 at hayballs but think it was a k8 had a really funny look exhust on it, but still wana go

we could go and ambush our local suzuki dealer ill distract the salesman with my amazing lack of knowledge about the merits of a shorter engine and longer swing arm setup and you hop on the rather nice looking k9 740 sitting outside that looks like a demo.. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

benobiker
05-04-09, 11:38 AM
I know Fowlers until recently had a k7 1000 that they could not seem to shift in black but guess that will be long gone.

ONFIRE
05-04-09, 12:46 PM

Oh they allegedly fixed the TPS Know problem with previous gixer 750's about 4k rpm into a corner and the Throttle postion sensor tells the ECU the throttle is set to 0. Has unnerving affect when it first happens :o Apart from that Great I :-* Gixers 8-)

Davey
05-04-09, 02:11 PM
I :-* Gixers 8-)

So why do you have R6 then ::) ;D