PDA

View Full Version : advice on Steve Lynham please

lydolepper
05-04-09, 02:21 PM
Hello im new to the site and was just wondering if anyone had used 'Steve Lynham Motorcycle repairs' servises before and what they thought
cheers

schwee
05-04-09, 03:15 PM
A really nice bloke, ( so is his son and the others that work there )

Can pretty much do anything, for a good price too :)

Dabz
05-04-09, 03:16 PM
used them before, was very impressed a the service :)

Davey
05-04-09, 03:20 PM
I've only ever had tyres changed there and done a great job and cheap

I do know a lot of people that use him and swear by him

Can anyone confirm if Steve has a dyno? As I will need one very soon as I'm changing my full exhaust system and a few other bits

spudgun
05-04-09, 04:05 PM
use them all the time

did my apprenticeship with Nathan, Steve's son

yes, they have a dyno :)

schwee
05-04-09, 04:28 PM
Yeah they have a Dyno. Not sure how well set up they are with it. I don't think I'd get my bike race tuned there if you know what I mean, but they had my other halfs bike on the dyno the other day after fixing it. It went from 65bhp to 110bhp after a week in their workshop.

R1chie
05-04-09, 05:35 PM
I've only used Steve Lynham's once, and got to say I wasn't impressed.

For a relatively minor job (new chain and sprockets) I also got a scuffed seat cowl and a FI problem.

Maybe I got them on a bad day as I've heard plenty of good reports about them, although a friend of mine who has used them regularly over the years insists that Steve himself works on the bike, not any his underlings.

westcountryninja
06-04-09, 07:01 AM
Top bloke, i've taken a few bikes there... he does know his stuff. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

lydolepper
06-04-09, 12:05 PM
Thanks for all the swift replies
pleased to know my bike'll be in good hands

mcicy
06-04-09, 01:32 PM
Nice bloke but does take on a lot of work at anyone time so be prepared to wait for yours to be done if he has a workshop full, I've used him once or twice but last time I booked my bike in it was there for over 6 weeks and nothing was done, still it was cheap storage :)

Yeah he does do dyno'ing too.

If he's fully booked try Elliotts in cricklade, I use them all the time and never had any problems with there work plus they are really good on pricing.

Trist
06-04-09, 05:00 PM
Good bloke, been good to me though it helps him living up my street.

Generally cheap, especially compared with other bike places in the area I've found, and he's usually able to source parts quickly.

I recommend him.

Sean.C
06-04-09, 07:21 PM
I've used him in the past and have always been impressed . Does a good job for a good price.

Iceman
07-04-09, 01:01 PM
+1 then! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
08-04-09, 08:50 AM
I was going to say I have never used them so couldnt tell you, but others have given you enough to go on I would say.

steveo
08-04-09, 12:24 PM
never used him, but sounds like a good fella [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ONFIRE
08-04-09, 12:35 PM
Only used his services once for new set Tires about 7 yrs ago. Did a good job :)