PDA

View Full Version : A&E Bad Motorcyclist Accident

ONFIRE
29-03-09, 07:46 PM
Wife just popped back from GW Hospital Swindon... some guy has just been brought in with half of his skin removed from his leg obviously sounds like hes in a bad way. Apparently he'll need a graft for 3/4 of his leg. Was doing over 95 over a hill & left the road. (Not wearing leathers?)

Hope he's okay 8-)

Davey
29-03-09, 08:39 PM
Hope that isn't JP as I heard he had an off today!

Irrespective of who it is I hope the rider gets well soon

steveo
29-03-09, 08:42 PM
yeah, sounds bad, hope he gets better soon

Iceman
29-03-09, 08:43 PM
Our best wishes to the rider involved and a full recovery!

sarah_race
29-03-09, 09:00 PM
Sends a chill down your spine just thinking about it.
Hope the rider is ok and gets well soon xxx

6T
29-03-09, 09:06 PM
hope he makes a good recovery

R1chie
29-03-09, 09:12 PM
Never good to hear.

Hope he has a speedy recovery

Ducatista
29-03-09, 09:14 PM
I don't think that's JP.
He did have a single vehicle accident today and was taken to hospital in Swindon but I have heard that he's doing fine apart from a few cuts and bruises and of course a bruised ego.
He has been very lucky.

When the paramedics asked JP if he had any medical conditions, his fellow bikers said "yes he has annorexia" ;D

Sorry JP, but the jokes are helping some us through the shock of today.

ONFIRE
29-03-09, 09:21 PM
It was a single Bike accident no police involved, poor guy obviously in shock ... as he asked the nurse if is bike was still in the hedge.

jack930
29-03-09, 09:29 PM
Never good to hear a fellow biker having a trip to A+E,

Hope he gets well soon,

jack930
29-03-09, 09:31 PM
It was a single Bike accident no police involved, poor guy obviously in shock ... as he asked the nurse if is bike was still in the hedge.
remind's me of my off many years ago,first thing i did was ring the bike shop to pick the bike up,Then i rang 999 to take me to A+E ::)

igbell
29-03-09, 09:42 PM
All the best to who ever and hope he gets better soon.....

R1chie
29-03-09, 09:45 PM

It'll be in some recovery firms yard being charged extortionate rates for storage >:(

ONFIRE
30-03-09, 10:12 AM
Sounded like could of been this one, was about same time & similar age.

http://www.thisiswiltshire.co.uk/news/headlines/4244474.Biker_taken_to_hospital_after_crash_near_C alne/

hotdog
30-03-09, 11:11 AM
Nope, that accident was JP (Furry)... and he's home again now and generally OK.

ONFIRE
30-03-09, 12:28 PM

Good to hear he is Okay [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
30-03-09, 01:18 PM

Good to hear he is Okay [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

+1

crewy
30-03-09, 02:16 PM
It's easy to forget the dangers of biking when you are dying to get out on the bike, hope both make a speedy recovery! :)

Dabz
30-03-09, 03:25 PM
hope both riders have a speedy recovery...just another reminder that we're entering the most dangerous period of the year for bike accidents

Ryan
30-03-09, 06:12 PM
Ouch sounds nasty, hope he gets better soon :)

FJ_Biker
30-03-09, 06:16 PM
Burger wrote

I know furry posts on this forum from time to time, if you are reading this I wish you a speedy recovery

Taff

Iceman
30-03-09, 06:37 PM
Yeh, he's posting on "Mermaidbikers",so for those who want to send their regards pop over and wish him well!

furry-TLR
14-04-09, 02:58 AM
Thanks everyone for your wishes...bar my left shoulder still needing some more TLC I'm ok.

I'm confident now in my case I was avoiding a car comming the other way that bridged into my side of the road...insurance currently looking into this.

The bike is totaled, but they can always be replaced...I bailed and lived to fight anonther day.

Take care all :)

furry-TLR
14-04-09, 03:18 AM
I

When the paramedics asked JP if he had any medical conditions, his fellow bikers said "yes he has annorexia" ;D

Sorry JP, but the jokes are helping some us through the shock of today.

No worries humour always helps...I'm just glad I did what I did and lived...otherwise chances are the car would of had a head on with me which Its unlikely I would of surived.

See you soon x :)

Ryan
14-04-09, 04:21 AM
The other one was good, the ambulance matey saying the police wanted to talk to you about a missing consignment of pies ;D

Glad to hear your recovering good still JP [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

steveo
14-04-09, 10:31 AM
glad to here your ok mate, all the best