PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki GSX650F vs Yamaha R6

ONFIRE
14-04-09, 11:24 PM
This is gotta be the most un-realistic comparison ever done by MCN

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/videos/2007/December/dec1107suzukigsx650fvsyamahar6/

Not knocking either bike, am I missing the Clue :-/here..just seems an odd comparison!

What do you think?

Ryan
14-04-09, 11:28 PM
i watched that the other day ;)

Scotty
14-04-09, 11:29 PM
MCN = Mostly Contrived Nonsense ::)
Usual drivel from that crowd, and doesn't he look a tit in his Evel Knievel leathers? ;D ;D ;D

FJ_Biker
15-04-09, 07:26 AM
What do you think?

It’s MCN ::) The only truth they print is the cover price

Davey
15-04-09, 07:30 AM
I can see where they are coming from with the types of questions we're asked daily.

Personally I don't think the R6 is the best bike for daily use due to the position etc but you'd be surprised how many people come in and have no idea just heard about a particular model being the one to have - once checked realise its completely wrong ::)

I would be tempted to use it as a sales tool!

steveo
15-04-09, 09:47 AM
2 very nice bikes, but wouldnt it really come down to how confident you r, and how expirenced you r?

westcountryninja
15-04-09, 10:38 AM
i think it comes down to what you want out of a bike, for me a bike is to thrill and excite and sometimes scare.... so the r6 would be for me.

steveo
15-04-09, 10:43 AM
i see what ya saying, didnt think of it in that way, 8-)

igbell
15-04-09, 01:17 PM
Mmm why put those two against each other???

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 01:53 PM
R6 its a hard biatch ride on the Road & smooth as a P*ssy when pushed hard (on track of course) never had so much front end confidance & I :-*Love it 8-)

IMHO I would have a DRZ for Wet winter riding, but I prefer my cage for that time of the year.

Can't comment on the Bandit. Down to rider preferance as all Bikes. ;)

Davey
15-04-09, 02:01 PM
R6 its a hard biatch ride on the Road & smooth as a P*ssy when pushed hard (on track of course) never had so much front end confidance & I :-*Love it 8-)

IMHO I would have a DRZ for Wet winter riding, but I prefer my cage for that time of the year.

that is exactly what they are going for is people maybe going for the more expensive focused bike but the cheaper one may suit their needs better but because it's not so common its easily overlooked!

I don't think Ryan had even heard of one until I mentioned it to him (before anyone says it no its not a dig I'm pleased he's got a bike he will be happy/ comfortable with and at a good price - so stay on your high horse!)

Each to their own - biking would be pretty boring if they only had 1 type of bike

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 02:08 PM

that is exactly what they are going for is people maybe going for the more expensive focused bike but the cheaper one may suit their needs better but because it's not so common its easily overlooked!

I don't think Ryan had even heard of one until I mentioned it to him (before anyone says it no its not a dig I'm pleased he's got a bike he will be happy/ comfortable with and at a good price - so stay on your high horse!)

Each to their own - biking would be pretty boring if they only had 1 type of bike

Thought there was only one type of bike :o

Superbikes [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Davey
15-04-09, 05:49 PM

Every one knows Supermotos the way ahead 8-)

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 08:50 PM

Every one knows Supermotos the way ahead 8-)

Had one of those guys mention no names.. up against my previous 07 R1, they're good enough for extream tight twisties up to 80mph then forget it Superbike is King :D ;D ;D ;D ;) Supermoto I own you :-* :-*

Davey
15-04-09, 09:33 PM
speed limit is 70 ;) plus he had more fun

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 09:36 PM
speed limit is 70 ;) plus he had more fun

Gay [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Ryan
15-04-09, 09:40 PM
i dident know there was a new model like that one no, i shall add my comments about the 650F when i pick mine up on saturday

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 09:41 PM
i dident know there was a new model like that one no, i shall add my comments about the 650F when i pick mine up on saturday

Where are you getting it from? ::)

Ryan
15-04-09, 09:44 PM
A shop, wont mention no names (at the risk of advertising another bike shop than the almighty GW's)

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 09:47 PM
A shop, wont mention no names (at the risk of advertising another bike shop than the almighty GW's)

Competition is healthy. ;)

Ryan
15-04-09, 09:51 PM
yeah dont want to upset anyone though [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
15-04-09, 09:56 PM

Why not? There are other dealerships we all know that and tho the almighty GW's we all know and meet at if you can get a better deal elsewhere [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I would like to know so I know where I may have competition - quite often if I can't get the bikes or have mates looking I tell them where the best deals are

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 09:57 PM
Hard as nails & Teflon shoulders Lol 8-)

Davey
15-04-09, 09:58 PM
yeah dont want to upset anyone though [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Well your not going to upset me - I said my piece at the time and over it ::) Plenty more fish in the sea plenty more deals to do 8-)

karl636
15-04-09, 09:59 PM
have taken both bikes round a track (cadwell) and found them both to be good, but the R6 will always be one of the best handling road/race bikes on the market. the 650 is more of an all rounder, if you wanted a fast tourer then have the 650, if you want to go into a bend at 90mph with confidence then get the R6, also the insurance on the 650 is far cheaper, big bonus to most ppl........... THATS THE BEST SELLING POINT.

Ryan
15-04-09, 09:59 PM
good good, glad to hear that stu [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
15-04-09, 10:09 PM
good good, glad to hear that stu [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So where did you get it from then? ::)

ONFIRE
15-04-09, 10:11 PM
At a guess Bridge?

Davey
15-04-09, 10:19 PM
At a guess Bridge?

Could be Fowlers or Motts seen some good deals from them lately!

mikesouthby
15-04-09, 10:25 PM
ProBike in Newbury I believe!

Ryan
15-04-09, 11:30 PM
At a guess Bridge?

you forkin what? Not motts lol

phoned them up, the bloke was as ignorant as pig manure and they were alot more pricey than anywhere else

ONFIRE
16-04-09, 12:17 AM
At a guess Bridge?

phoned them up, the bloke was as ignorant as pig manure and they were alot more pricey than anywhere else

Aldi ;D ;D ;D ;)

Davey
16-04-09, 07:08 AM
At a guess Bridge?

He could have been having a bad day - we all have them! Its not a dealer that would normally spring to mind but I had a very good/ excellent quote from them for a deal yesterday.

Has Probike got Suzuki now? As they used to be Yamaha - I very nearly worked therte a couple of years back!

ONFIRE
16-04-09, 05:46 PM
At a guess Bridge?

He could have been having a bad day - we all have them! Its not a dealer that would normally spring to mind but I had a very good/ excellent quote from them for a deal yesterday.

Has Probike got Suzuki now? As they used to be Yamaha - I very nearly worked therte a couple of years back!

Shouldn't take your problems to work. Customer is King! ;)

Davey
16-04-09, 05:54 PM
At a guess Bridge?

I don't but others do - then again it could have been due to work he was in a crappy mood ;) As the customers always (thinks they're) right ::)

It does make me laugh when a customer has a go at you because a manufacturer stops producing a bike or they have run out of a model!

ONFIRE
16-04-09, 06:12 PM
At a guess Bridge?

I don't but others do - then again it could have been due to work he was in a crappy mood ;) As the customers always (thinks they're) right ::)

It does make me laugh when a customer has a go at you because a manufacturer stops producing a bike or they have run out of a model!

PR Training, any good company will train and have regular weekly meetings with their staff to ensure a good level of customer care [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
16-04-09, 06:18 PM
We have daily meetings so we know about the models deals and what others are offering and always training!

furry-TLR
18-04-09, 02:17 AM
Different tools for different jobs...

R6 (or any other superbike) might be quicker and handle better...but 20-30 miles into a rideout and you'll be crying to get off it.

They are designed for 1 thing...the track...people that use them on the road...well...not sure why they are gaining...usually just something to brag about but I doubt they are having as much fun. (usually they spend most of their time scaring the $hit out of themselves!)

A supermoto will kill any sportsbikes in the twisties, which is what its all about...anyone can go quick in a straight line proves nothing.
(Not to mentiion they are a million times more fun!)

Ryan finds his back cannot cope with superbikes, so he's gone for something that doesn't leave him in contant pain but yet is upto the job and keeps him in the game.

furry-TLR
18-04-09, 02:29 AM
Different tools for different jobs...

R6 (or any other superbike) might be quicker and handle better...but 20-30 miles into a rideout and you'll be crying to get off it.

They are designed for 1 thing...the track...people that use them on the road...well...not sure what they are gaining...usually just something to brag about but I doubt they are having as much fun. (usually they spend most of their time scaring the $hit out of themselves!)

A supermoto will kill any sportsbikes in the twisties, which is what its all about...anyone can go quick in a straight line proves nothing.
(Not to mentiion they are a million times more fun!)

Ryan finds his back cannot cope with superbikes, so he's gone for something that doesn't leave him in contant pain but yet is upto the job and keeps him in the game. Fair Play [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

karl636
18-04-09, 05:51 AM
JP..... a few words your saying there are very true, alot of it comes down to the rider also, i know for a fact my mate who has a great road bike (upright sitting, amazing handling etc etc) will never out ride me in the twisties why....... because i can get so much out of my 58 plate R6, its light its nimble and its amazingly responsive. as for the back ache that also comes down to the rider how fit/fat he is how tall/ short he is, i to this day have never had any discomfort riding my R6, and when i normally go out for a ride its for the hole day not just a quick blast (filling the bike up two maybe three times in a day).

(Not to mentiion they are a million times more fun!) .... as for that comment that is down to personal pref.

your right in the fact that yes anyone can go fast in a straight line, my god my granny could ride a bike in a straight line lol, but like everything in biking, ITS ALL DOWN TO HOW GOOD THE RIDER IS AND THE ROAD CONDITIONS, you could give stoner a ****ty 400 and you have the best supermoto in the world, stoner would still be on ur ass or long gone........ its all down to the rider in my eyes (some of it does come down to how a bike is also set up and what it is)

karl

furry-TLR
18-04-09, 04:04 PM
JP..... a few words your saying there are very true, alot of it comes down to the rider also, i know for a fact my mate who has a great road bike (upright sitting, amazing handling etc etc) will never out ride me in the twisties why....... because i can get so much out of my 58 plate R6, its light its nimble and its amazingly responsive. as for the back ache that also comes down to the rider how fit/fat he is how tall/ short he is, i to this day have never had any discomfort riding my R6, and when i normally go out for a ride its for the hole day not just a quick blast (filling the bike up two maybe three times in a day).

(Not to mentiion they are a million times more fun!) .... as for that comment that is down to personal pref.

your right in the fact that yes anyone can go fast in a straight line, my god my granny could ride a bike in a straight line lol, but like everything in biking, ITS ALL DOWN TO HOW GOOD THE RIDER IS AND THE ROAD CONDITIONS, you could give stoner a crappy 400 and you have the best supermoto in the world, stoner would still be on ur ass or long gone........ its all down to the rider in my eyes (some of it does come down to how a bike is also set up and what it is)

karl

Think people will disagree with your "back ache" statement...as it's something anyone can suffer from which an uncomfortable superbike will make 100 times worse.

Like Stu having owned many superbikes myself, I will still stick with my origional view...I love all bikes but as I said different tools for different jobs.

Your views are going to be biased based on the fact of what you ride and own, and I expect like most bikers you think yours is the best thing since sliced bread...but like I say to everyone when they ask me for advice: try as many bikes as you can, you'll soon realise there is much more fun to be had out there. :)

Ryan
18-04-09, 05:11 PM
Wise words JP :)

karl636
18-04-09, 07:52 PM
JP i respect all views i haven riden and owned many bikes, been riding since i was 7, from mini moto upwards b4 my ninja and r6 i had fazer 6 for 18mths also hornet, but not once on any bike have i ever had back ache.

karl

ONFIRE
18-04-09, 11:14 PM
Disagree :o you can ride Sports Bikes for miles as I do to Cornwall (550 mile return) without an ache or pain..had loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back... as well as prone. Only time I ache like fcuk is at very low speed around town as I have two knackered Trapeziums (arthritic thumb joints).

Each to their own 8-)

karl636
19-04-09, 12:25 AM
Disagree :o you can ride Sports Bikes for miles as I do to Cornwall (550 mile return) without an ache or pain..had loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back... as well as prone. Only time I ache like fcuk is at very low speed around town as I have two knackered Trapeziums (arthritic thumb joints).

Each to their own 8-)

good words there about the back ache mate it comes down to how fit you are how well your leathers fit, ie if there to tight you will be to restricted then you will get pains in your neck and back.

but like i said before i respect everyones views.

karl

furry-TLR
20-04-09, 12:02 AM
Again as I said before...back ache has nothing do to with fitness it's a physical condition.

I personally don't suffer back ache on any bike, and I'm definitely not fit but according to my doc I'm in a very good state of health, even after splitting a bike in half 2 weeks ago!

Onfire though, come on...I can't remember the last time I saw you out on a bike so don't give me this 650 mile trip crap!

ad loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back

Maybe if you fitted them with straight bars, but that would defeat the point of having one so you might as well get a non-sportsbike!

One day the bull$hit will work on someone, but not me!

karl636
20-04-09, 05:42 AM
Again as I said before...back ache has nothing do to with fitness it's a physical condition.

I personally don't suffer back ache on any bike, and I'm definitely not fit but according to my doc I'm in a very good state of health, even after splitting a bike in half 2 weeks ago!

Onfire though, come on...I can't remember the last time I saw you out on a bike so don't give me this 650 mile trip crap!

ad loads sports bikes you can ride them in upright position without an achy back

Maybe if you fitted them with straight bars, but that would defeat the point of having one so you might as well get a non-sportsbike!

One day the bull$hit will work on someone, but not me!

ok now now, put the claws away guys lol i know i havent been on this foru, long and i wouldnt want to start any arguments lol..... also JP may i comment on a few things you have said please. 1st one is the comment you said about "Again as I said before...back ache has nothing do to with fitness it's a physical condition". please explain this..........of course its down to fitness unless you are handicaped in some way, otherwsie thats like saying fat people have an excuse to be fat and thats an illness.............no there fat...... When i was in the army i was a PTI for alittle part of my time,so i know abit about this subject, it does come down to fitness and health, so like you said to ONFIRE the bull**** hopefully will stop, also if its not down to health, fitness and conditioning why are all motor sports people fit as hell, no fat on any of them and have a strict fitness and eating plan, you dont hear them saying " got back ache carnt race today, it must be my physical condition" PMSL come on, i carnt stand people with excuses for simple things, 2nd JP is something i picked up on about you saying ONFIRE hasnt riden in ages, i was speaking with someone at GW's pn sunday and he also said that alot of people on this forum dont hardly ever go for ride outs they just sit behind the PC on this forum, is this right......... it just got me thinking really about why people say things on here which sometimes is crap, i am sure someone will think what i have said is crap............and you know what i couldnt really give a ****, because we all have different views and i understand that. However i only say things what i have actually done myself and i know about........ Please dont take any of this to heart ok, its early and i just came back from running over the plnes with my dogs before i start my 12 hr shift, having a good rant lol.

karl

Davey
20-04-09, 09:58 AM
Putting it Bluntly - Everyone is different and will feel different about different bikes hence so many being made - certain bikes i could ride all day others couldn't and vice versa there is no right or wrong.

Just because people don't see others on the road, they don't go to meets or ride out doesn't mean they don't ride! I spend the majority of my riding time on my own as I prefer that - doesn't mean I don't ride or I prefer typing to riding - also I can't stand making small talk at meets with people I don't know about there heroics and/ or wanting values for bikes, kit etc I do that all day long and I need days off! but then again with my mates I have no issues doing that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
20-04-09, 10:24 AM
As this thread has veered towards a cock swinging contest, I suggest people calm down before the thread gets locked.

Different people have different views, it is what makes forums thrive. However, people need to accept other views, or at least tolerate them without dismissing them in a downright manner.

Karl...I see you are making a similar impression on here as you did on MCNNinjas..granted in a slightly different way. So if you could hold back on criticising the members on here because of something "you've heard", I'd greatly appreciate it.

karl636
20-04-09, 08:41 PM
As this thread has veered towards a thingy swinging contest, I suggest people calm down before the thread gets locked.

Different people have different views, it is what makes forums thrive. However, people need to accept other views, or at least tolerate them without dismissing them in a downright manner.

Karl...I see you are making a similar impression on here as you did on MCNNinjas..granted in a slightly different way. So if you could hold back on criticising the members on here because of something "you've heard", I'd greatly appreciate it.

ok no worries didnt mean to offend i was only speaking my mind, just like everyone else.

furry-TLR
20-04-09, 10:59 PM
Putting it Bluntly - Everyone is different and will feel different about different bikes hence so many being made - certain bikes i could ride all day others couldn't and vice versa there is no right or wrong.

Just because people don't see others on the road, they don't go to meets or ride out doesn't mean they don't ride! I spend the majority of my riding time on my own as I prefer that - doesn't mean I don't ride or I prefer typing to riding - also I can't stand making small talk at meets with people I don't know about there heroics and/ or wanting values for bikes, kit etc I do that all day long and I need days off! but then again with my mates I have no issues doing that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

+1 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

furry-TLR
20-04-09, 11:22 PM
Oh PS...

A good friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, is in the Army, runs 10 miles a day...is fit as f*k they are completely solid but yet going along on a gsxr1000 it's not long before discomoft sets in...so drop all this "if your fit you'll find any bike comfortable" rubbish your talking complete crap! ;D

Like Stu said, everyone is different, and so are the bikes they get on with...different tools for different jobs.

End of...Shut ya face :)

karl636
21-04-09, 12:14 PM
Oh PS...

A good friend of mine, who shall remain nameless, is in the Army, runs 10 miles a day...is fit as f*k they are completely solid but yet going along on a gsxr1000 it's not long before discomoft sets in...so drop all this "if your fit you'll find any bike comfortable" rubbish your talking complete crap! ;D

Like Stu said, everyone is different, and so are the bikes they get on with...different tools for different jobs.

End of...Shut ya face :)

do you want your teddy back.......................dont forget your dummy also...........there we go i have just given it a wipe for you............

westcountryninja
21-04-09, 12:44 PM
All i'm going to add is LOL to the whole slangin match... each to there own. :D ;D

igbell
21-04-09, 01:12 PM
Calm down please..... This is a family site you know

karl636
21-04-09, 05:04 PM
I am always laughing guys nothing puts my back up, but i can see from others that the little things do. lol...............

being a realist is the way forward in life...