PDA

View Full Version : The cursed bike is at it again

mcicy
22-04-09, 07:53 AM
Well after a year of trouble with the coils (new ones are now fitted and it runs like a dream), a new problem arose yesterday on my way to work, was about half way about to get on the dual carriageway and a lorry next to me beeps his horn and yells over that my bike is leaking fluids, as he says that the temp of my bike jumps from 4 bars to the red section with the warning light.

So I quickly change lanes and make a dash for the nearest side road over by the Swindon Outlet Village only to find a hole the size of a penny in my radiator :'( and water pouring out all over my fairing and onto the road.

Luckily I have breakdown assistance with my bike insurance (usually don't bother as my dad has a bike trailer), so i sat out in the sun, played my DS and waiting for a transporter to be sent down from Reading (the nearest depot SOS Recovery have), great bloke put it straight onto the van.

As I didn't get collected for 2 hours it was around lunch time so I took the day off work and spent it removing the old radiator (and consequently misplacing a number of bolts and screws) and preping the new radiator to go in. Luckily I bought one a few weeks ago as I had a feeling this one wouldn't last much longer, so i should be back on the road by the weekend.

But the curse has definately struck again, every time the weather is nice, the bike decides to die, so i hope you all enjoy the sun and perfect riding weather while my bike is under repair.

igbell
22-04-09, 09:32 AM
Bummer dude sorry to hear that.
Hope it all goes well and you get back onto two wheels again soon ;)

crewy
23-04-09, 10:43 PM
Thats unlucky mate, glad to hear that you have managed to get it sorted!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]