PDA

View Full Version : dyno kit

steveo
27-04-09, 06:07 PM
can someone please tell me what a dinno kits is, because hayballs in salisbury has said my bike has got one on it and i have no idea what that is. they said my carbs need timeing and that the dinno kit is runny way to ritch and that is why the bike ticks over at 4000rpm and not at what its ment to.

Scotty
27-04-09, 06:32 PM
A Dynojet kit is a set of carb jets and needles to optimise the carburation on a particular bike - often fitted when a bike has non-standard exhaust and/or air filter.

Carb balancing is basically what it says on the tin - adjusting the butterflies (or slides) so that they're all set at exactly the same point and open the same amount when the throttle's closed - it's quite easy to do (certainly on ZXR Kawasakis) and will help the bike idle much more evenly (best done after valve clearances have all been set too) - has some effect on very small throttle openings, but none on larger ones.
Sounds like the bike needs to go to someone who can set the carbs up, ideally on a rolling road.
Lesson to be learned here Steve - next time you buy a bike, take along someone who knows what they're looking at - they might have advised you to walk away from this one and saved you a whole heap of time and money. Calling this one a hound would be more than complimentary! ::)

steveo
27-04-09, 06:38 PM
thanks scotty, great help i didnt have a clue what it was or did. well bikes going back to hayballs to have the work done, at a cost of £40 odd an hour, hope it dont take long lol. this bike was defanatly a very bad buy but i didnt have anyone with me at the time and i dont really know anyone who knows there stuff about bikes and it doesnt help with me being such a novise.

hope it sorts it out when i get the work done and they dnt find more probs, feels like im having to rebuild the bike at mo. lol