PDA

View Full Version : Visor Help

Hannah
29-04-09, 08:57 AM
Hi Guys, Just need a bit of advice really. On the way into work my visor gets very steamed up on the inside and this morning it was foggy on top of that so I really couldnt see a thing. It got to the point where I though this is dangerous and wanted to trun round and go and get the car! :(

Does anyone know of any ways to help stop the visor steaming up? My mirrors are doing it too but im slightly more concerned about seeing whats on the road ahead of me rather thn behind at the moment. :)

spudgun
29-04-09, 09:37 AM
buy one of these
http://www.respro.com/products/racing/road-racing/foggy_mask/

brilliant

igbell
29-04-09, 09:47 AM
A bit of spit goes a long way, also I had some anti fog spray left over from the days when I used to swim in comps, and that works a treat, others than that I cant ride with my visor closed anyway so I always have a bit of air always coming into the skid lid which always helps.

Hannah
29-04-09, 09:53 AM
thanks guys, I usually have the lid slightly open but today it was that bad that I had it open enough for me to be crying and it still did nothing. I had to keep opening it wide to wipe down the inside, nightmare!

igbell
29-04-09, 10:07 AM
Thats a bummer sorry to hear that, I had shades on and the visor slightly open so I could get the cool breeze in....

Must pop into GW's and pick up a visor insert...

Mosser
29-04-09, 06:40 PM
Get yourself a little tin of bob heath antifog, it comes in a small spray can and will keep off the heaviest of misting or steaming up

I have been using it for years and it works so well, you can shut your visor completely to keep your face a bit warmer

steveo
29-04-09, 07:43 PM
im with mosser on this one, great stuff

Davey
29-04-09, 09:19 PM
I use a small dap of fairy liquid and rub that in and never had any issues. Unless my visor has a pinlock insert and I use that

ONFIRE
29-04-09, 09:42 PM
I use a small dap of fairy liquid and rub that in and never had any issues. Unless my visor has a pinlock insert and I use that

You a Fairy :o ;D ;D ;D ;)

igbell
30-04-09, 09:33 AM
Very funny Onfire....

Carbonkid
30-04-09, 09:05 PM
Get yourself a Fog City Insert. You'll never look back... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I've got the Hypaoptics version which is also light reactive and goes dark in the sunlight and clear at night... 8-)

Hannah
30-04-09, 09:51 PM
God there are so many options lol !! ;D I may have to shut my eyes and pick a way to go as they all come highly recommended.

Ryan
30-04-09, 11:22 PM
God there are so many options lol !! ;D I may have to shut my eyes and pick a way to go as they all come highly recommended.

Dont do that while your riding for christs sake :-?

Hannah
01-05-09, 01:36 PM

Dont do that while your riding for christs sake :-?

Ha ha, no I meant on this post, just shut my eyes and pick one of the products to try. ;D I couldn't be paid to ride with my eyes shut!! :o

Kevinb
01-05-09, 01:41 PM

You are still talking about visor care or is this just something for a Saturday night in, in front of the tv?

igbell
01-05-09, 03:13 PM
Kevin behave.......(why we dont normaly)

HMB...Keeps your eyes on the road......