PDA

View Full Version : FILTERING - ACCIDENT!

ONFIRE
24-04-09, 06:39 PM
Found this on another site...

Makes you Look Twice :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU3SzpLfEpw&feature=player_embedded

BB
24-04-09, 08:05 PM
:o :o

Ouch

BB

FJ_Biker
24-04-09, 08:14 PM
In law I wonder who is at fault?

jack930
24-04-09, 08:35 PM
Have you seen how casual the man from the car walks over >:( >:(

jack930
24-04-09, 08:37 PM
Here's one for ya

:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JpoS5OUGdI&NR=1

igbell
24-04-09, 09:55 PM
Wow bummer dude, they are both scarry

ONFIRE
24-04-09, 10:50 PM
In law I wonder who is at fault?

Us Bikers of course >:(

SupeRDel
25-04-09, 12:16 AM
Second video has been on telly - It happened down the south west to one of the South west bikers club.

A member of the aircooled club knows him.

Rider was totally un hurt

As for the first one the rider was riding over "NO crossing" road markings!

Scotty
25-04-09, 09:11 AM
As for the first one the rider was riding over "NO crossing" road markings!
And the car driver was ok to breach these was he? Broken-edged hatching in the centre of the road can be crossed, when it's solid and continuous it can't be. Looks like a textbook case of dozy pillock in car committing to a manoeuvre without checking in his mirrors - remember Mirror-Signal-Manoeuvre from the highway code?

Rich86
25-04-09, 11:06 AM
it seems alot of car drivers just don't look out for Bikers, there not expecting us to be there, so i never assume i've been seen unless i can make eye contact with the driver as he comes in at a junction and im about to pull out - For instance onto a roundabout, i tend to wait. Sometimes even when u think you've been seen, there can be nasty suprises in the wing. I had a woman indicate and move over into the middle lane i was occupying without looking that i was already in the space she proposed to take (Roundabout near Tescos and longfields estate Trowbridge) - My observation and quick counter measure saved me a close up the road.

6T
25-04-09, 11:06 AM
i would say the car driver is at fault as they have decided to do a u turn due to being stuck in traffic,this should only be done when the road is clear in both directions,the bike rider was only going at slow speed passing stopped traffic,is a case of bikers beware

crewy
25-04-09, 08:02 PM
OUCH is all i can say to both of them!!

try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFmd_3AJnvc&feature=PlayList&p=7C801E0129C D2917&index=2&playnext=2&playnext_from=PL

steveo
25-04-09, 09:26 PM
wow all 3 of them are OUCH, makes ya think really .

jack930
25-04-09, 10:22 PM
Well next time i see a car accident involving 2 cars ,while on my bike,i will be just casually walking over to see if they are allright,no rush,

all 3 vid's No 1 is sprinting to the biker from the cars to see if they are allright,(i guess none of them ride bikes),only the first vid you see the bikers running over,,

I know wot i would of done if i was behind the biker in the first vid,,,,as running past the the car that hit him ,i would of put the helmet on him and called him a Fing K**b

xl1000va6
01-05-09, 06:35 PM
If you're filtering legally (ie no more than 10mph faster than the traffic you're passing, which is itself travelling at less than 25mph) then usually fault will be found 75/25 (or thereabouts) in favour of the bike. As far as I'm aware (I'm sure one of our more learned friends can set me straight if that's wrong). The bike in clip 1 was filtering over hazard markings, which, while not illegal as the surrounding lines are broken, may count slightly against him. It's obvious however, that the driver did not exercise due care and attention in failing to carry out the correct observation before commencing his u-turn.