PDA

View Full Version : STOMP GRIP

karl636
26-04-09, 09:37 PM
Hi all,

since been back from the ride i have been asked by a few of you to see if i can get stomp grip for you for your bikes as like on mine.

I am going to ask my mate who buys this stuff in bulk to see if i can buy from him in bulk for a cheaper price, if any one wants this stuff please list your name make n model of bike.

Stomp Grip makes gripping your tank incredibly easy, and requires less energy to hold on to the bike. Stomp Grip Provides better bike control and helps you lock onto the bike when cornering or hard braking.

Stomp Grip is made of a pliable elastomer material molded into shape with traction knoblies that provide functional, non-abrasive grip. In addition the material is ultra-clear so it doesn't cover up graphics and sponsor stickers.

The product is applied with the strongest 3-M peel-and-stick adhesive available. It comes packaged in pre-molded kits for each bike model or in a universal kit for custom cutting.

As used by:

2005 British Supersport Champion - Leon Camier
125GP World Champion - Thomas Luthi
The California Superbike School

frenchy had a go on it and she didnt move lol

karl

list so far

Ian - '05 Gixer 600 Clear
susukisteve - gixxer 750w 1992 Black/clear
Tri675 - Kawasaki zx7R Black
Weefrenchie - Honda Hornet F4 model Clear
John - fire blade 1000cc Model ???
Gixxer 600 SRAD 1999 myself Clear
Burger - BMW K1200S Black

Hunar
27-04-09, 08:28 AM
Don't get one Laurence, I like the way you move!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

karl636
27-04-09, 09:44 AM
Don't get one Laurence, I like the way you move!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

weefrenchie
27-04-09, 10:49 AM
lol ;D ;D ;D

Oh, Hunar, hun, don't worry, I've got plenty other moves :p

Karl, I'll have one please :)
Honda Hornet F4 model

Thanks! :)

igbell
27-04-09, 11:19 AM
Now now weefrenchie, dont get him all excited

karl636
27-04-09, 12:25 PM
ok so far i have got

Weefrenchie Honda Hornet F4 model
John fire blade 1000cc Model ???
Gixxer 600 SRAD 1999 myself

can ppl put there details down if wanted.....

Stomp Grip makes gripping your tank incredibly easy, and requires less energy to hold on to the bike. Stomp Grip Provides better bike control and helps you lock onto the bike when cornering or hard braking.

Stomp Grip is made of a pliable elastomer material molded into shape with traction knoblies that provide functional, non-abrasive grip. In addition the material is ultra-clear so it doesn't cover up graphics and sponsor stickers.

The product is applied with the strongest 3-M peel-and-stick adhesive available. It comes packaged in pre-molded kits for each bike model or in a universal kit for custom cutting.

As used by:

2005 British Supersport Champion - Leon Camier
125GP World Champion - Thomas Luthi
The California Superbike School

ONFIRE
27-04-09, 12:37 PM
Whats your best price I normally pay around the £27 as a single purchase.

And can you get them in the Black variation?

karl636
27-04-09, 12:42 PM
Whats your best price I normally pay around the £27 as a single purchase.

And can you get them in the Black variation?

I can also get em in black, its different prices for different bikes, some bike will need more stomp grip as there tank is bigger or a different shape, but as soon as the list gets greater i will send it to my mate and find out what he says....

ONFIRE
27-04-09, 12:52 PM
Not disputing your info. Imho I have Always paid the same price myself on all my past bikes large & small.

Hey if you can get a better deal that's gotta be a + for everyone. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
8-)

karl636
27-04-09, 01:05 PM
Not disputing your info. Imho I have Always paid the same price myself on all my past bikes large & small.

Hey if you can get a better deal that's gotta be a + for everyone. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
8-)

i will try mate for you, lol, this is the real stomp grip though that the big boys use not the fake stuff that you can buy in some normal bike shops.........................

i take it you have some already, if not put your name and bike and i will get prices, because i know for a fact that all bikes are priced differently which makes me wounder what stuff you got, i paid £35 for my 08 r6 my mate paid £24.99 for his zx636r 05, and his is a much larger surface space....

karl

mikesouthby
27-04-09, 01:10 PM
£35? Demon Tweaks charge less than than that for all models I believe. I paid £26.99 for mine a month or so back and just out of interest, I paid £29.99 for my 08 R6 ones in black :)

They are definately the official Stomp grips too...

The guys on eBay tend to charge a bit more though IIRC

mikesouthby
27-04-09, 01:10 PM
Oh, I do agree though, they are really useful and make corning and braking much easier...

karl636
27-04-09, 01:28 PM
£35? Demon Tweaks charge less than than that for all models I believe. I paid £26.99 for mine a month or so back and just out of interest, I paid £29.99 for my 08 R6 ones in black :)

They are definately the official Stomp grips too...

The guys on eBay tend to charge a bit more though IIRC

would not buy stuff like that from ebay not when its target pecific.

awsome stuff though

hotdog
27-04-09, 05:20 PM
I'm very interested in this for my K1200S but only if you can get it in black. I've seen clear for it, but I've also seen the clear applied (badly) on a black bike and all the air bubbles lol. So, I'd be very interested if your mate can get the black for a K1200S.

Thanks,

Sean.C
27-04-09, 05:57 PM
Can you get it for a Kawasaki zx7R ?

steveo
27-04-09, 06:00 PM
i would be intrested if you can get one for a gixxer 750w 1992, if the price is resonable [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sean.C
27-04-09, 06:04 PM
Can you get it for a Kawasaki zx7R ?

In black if possible . Thanks

IanTasker
27-04-09, 06:38 PM
'05 Gixer 600, the clear stuff for me please

karl636
27-04-09, 06:50 PM
thank you guys for all this i will now start making a list if you can just copy the list and then edit your details on it, so its easier for me to note it all that would be great.

Ian - '05 Gixer 600 Clear
susukisteve - gixxer 750w 1992 Black/clear
Tri675 - Kawasaki zx7R Black
Weefrenchie - Honda Hornet F4 model Clear
John - fire blade 1000cc Model ???
Gixxer 600 SRAD 1999 myself Clear
Burger - BMW K1200S Black

hotdog
27-04-09, 07:01 PM
Put me down for another too...

Ian - '05 Gixer 600 - Clear
susukisteve - gixxer 750w 1992 - Black/clear
Tri675 - Kawasaki zx7R - Black
Weefrenchie - Honda Hornet F4 model - Clear
John - fire blade 1000cc - Model ???
Gixxer 600 SRAD 1999 myself - Clear
Burger - BMW K1200S - Black
Burger - Suzuki GSF 1250 SA - Clear

Davey
27-04-09, 08:59 PM
I could be up for it price depending but I would need the universal pack in clear - dunno what bike its going on yet

karl636
27-04-09, 09:03 PM
I could be up for it price depending but I would need the universal pack in clear - dunno what bike its going on yet

stu this will be bike pecific sorry, real Stomp grip dont do universal kits, they make it designed to your bike and it goes were you should be gripping the tank with your legs, its already shaped to your tank.

karl

steveo
27-04-09, 09:24 PM
susukisteve - gixer 750w 1992 - Black
John - fire blade 1000cc - Model ???

there ya go mate edited it for ya [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
27-04-09, 10:30 PM

stu this will be bike pecific sorry, real Stomp grip dont do universal kits, they make it designed to your bike and it goes were you should be gripping the tank with your legs, its already shaped to your tank.

karl

Yes they do make universal kits and genuine Stomp as I've bought it before!!

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?id=002653&mn=0215&rg=12&sg=OR&st=mn&sf=la test&sd=DESC

So unless your trying to say Simon is selling fake goods I'd double check ;) No worries though I'll source elsewhere if your mate can't supply it

mikesouthby
27-04-09, 10:52 PM
Here you go...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MCYCLE&pcode=STG44-10002

karl636
28-04-09, 05:27 AM

karl

Yes they do make universal kits and genuine Stomp as I've bought it before!!

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products?id=002653&mn=0215&rg=12&sg=OR&st=mn&sf=la test&sd=DESC

So unless your trying to say Simon is selling fake goods I'd double check ;) No worries though I'll source elsewhere if your mate can't supply it

Hi stu,

I didnt say he could'nt supply it he has just never had to order a universal kit before thats all, he prefers to order bike pecific, but put your name on to the list then the only thing i can do is ask for you mate.

karl

karl636
28-04-09, 05:37 AM
Hi,

just had a look at both links, have you seen the prices for the sizes you get....................... for most newer tanks you would be buying 2 sheets because of all the wierd and wonderful angles the designers of the bikes have come up with lol, buying bike targeted grip (In my eyes) is far better as its been tested personally for that bike. if you put stomp grip just anywhere you could be gripping in the wrong places and your hole body position COULD be out.

Stu if you still want a universal kit i can deffo ask for you, i dont know what sort of riding you do so i dont know how much you really need it, but i am more than happy to ask for you, and that goes for every one.

karl

Davey
28-04-09, 06:58 AM
as stompgrip pretty much only do them for newer models and don't cover that many older models - I will also add I paid no-where near the prices charged on that site ;) . Don't worry about it for me I just thought if you could get a deal on it I'd have some - I'll wait til I have the new toy and get some then

johnl
28-04-09, 08:09 AM
John - fire blade 1000cc - Model 06 black

Chrissie
28-04-09, 06:29 PM
Hi Karl

Re: STOMP GRIP

John - fire blade 1000cc - Model 06 black
Chrissie - Honda Hornet 07 - Clear

Thankee :)

drinky
28-04-09, 06:54 PM
Karl R6, although I'm not interested in the Stomp Grip that you have offered to bulk buy for the forum users can I just point out one thing?
It's not about if Stomp Grip do bike 'specific' kits, its about Bloody 'SPECIFIC'.
Sorry but I get a bit anal about spelling and punctuation, I would have said grammer but wasn't sure if it was spelt with an 'a' or 'e'.
;)

karl636
28-04-09, 07:54 PM
Karl R6, although I'm not interested in the Stomp Grip that you have offered to bulk buy for the forum users can I just point out one thing?
It's not about if Stomp Grip do bike 'specific' kits, its about Bloody 'SPECIFIC'.
Sorry but I get a bit anal about spelling and punctuation, I would have said grammer but wasn't sure if it was spelt with an 'a' or 'e'.
;)

its ok mate its all them years in the ring knocked loads of cells out my brain lol, everyone knew what i ment lol, but thanks

drinky
28-04-09, 09:35 PM
I knew exactly what you ment mate and I know what you mean about having cells battered about as well. Was just having a bit of a laugh.

RE03
28-04-09, 10:13 PM
- I will also add I paid no-where near the prices charged on that site ;) .

Me neither... mind you it was about 2 years ago ;)

Y'all jus' make sure you put it on round the right way unlike some dumb-ass numpty I was chatting to @ Abergavenny a few W/E s ago ::)

karl636
29-04-09, 05:51 AM
hi all everyone is talking about they didnt pay no were near that price on that site, have a missed something coz i havent put up a link to a site.

i will letting the list go till friday then i will be asking the question to my mate.

karl

nomis17
29-04-09, 07:47 AM
I would also be interested in a set for my vfr800vtec 2003 model please :D

mikesouthby
29-04-09, 10:35 AM
I think they are probably refereding to the rough price we've mentioned and the links Stu and I maybe put up. I'd just like to say though that the link I put up was just am example showing that universal ones were available and not me saying this is the cheapest you can get them!

One thing people should be aware of though, Stomp Grips ARE really useful to aid bike control although you're only really going to see real benefits on the track BUT they wear your leathers out on the knee contact points, this is well documented and I can vouch for it myself...

igbell
29-04-09, 10:54 AM
Well said Sheep :)

IanTasker
29-04-09, 01:15 PM
On the gixer junkies forum im on there's someone on there that offers a service of stiching black hide to the inside of the knee on leathers to stop that problem for a tenner. Im gonna get mine done and will look into it for anyone else thats curious

mikesouthby
29-04-09, 01:35 PM
That's a useful thing Ian if you really need Stomp Grips and I am not saying anyone should not use them, afterall, I use them myself. But, the question should be asked for those thinking about fitting them as to what kind of riding they do and whether they really need them. Stomp Grips are not going to help anyone go faster in a straight line ;- )

In summary, Stomp Grips are really useful for fast road/track riding as they help reduce leg fatigue and aid tank gripping through corners but, if you just want them because they look nice or as a tank protector, it's worth remembering they do wear leathers and that has an associated cost long term... as with anything, do your research, they are cheap and a great help if you need them or think you may need them but otherwise buy a few extra pints at the weekend or some go faster strips! lol

mikesouthby
29-04-09, 01:36 PM
...also, worth noting I have never used them with textiles, I wouldn't like to say how well they workwith them, obviously being rubber I'd assume they will still work but they are designed for track use therefore designed to grip leather!

hotdog
29-04-09, 01:42 PM
Stomp Grips are not going to help anyone go faster in a straight line ;- )

No, but they'll probably help them stop faster in a straight line :D

Providing they're gripping the tank of course lol.

mikesouthby
29-04-09, 01:48 PM
lol, yes that is true, but so would pulling the brake lever a bit harder ;- )

hotdog
29-04-09, 02:03 PM
Well, I must admit, you're making me question whether or not I'd get any real world benefit from them now. I was going on your personal recommendation from when you were showing them to me at GW's the other weekend. I'm not sure, from what you're now saying, that I'd get any real world benefit on the roads.

Sorry Karl, please remove me from the list for now while I do a bit more research into this stuff.

Regards,

IanTasker
29-04-09, 02:12 PM
Well i'm slowly but surely leaning further and cornering faster and still chasing the ever elusive knee down (waits for the public flogging from the PC brigade lol) so i think it'd may help a wee bit.

mikesouthby
29-04-09, 02:16 PM
Sorry, think I'm going to 'butt out', I'm not trying to disuade anyone from having them...

hotdog
29-04-09, 02:25 PM
I don't think you should 'butt out' Mike. I for one appreciate the additional info. Like everything in life there's pluses and negatives and it's a bit silly to make a decision based only on the pluses. It's all very good info and much appreciated.

Regards,

IanTasker
29-04-09, 02:27 PM
Yip i agree with Burger

mikesouthby
29-04-09, 02:32 PM
Thanks guys ;- )

karl636
29-04-09, 10:15 PM
burger i will take you off mate is that for both bikes

hotdog
29-04-09, 10:51 PM
Hi Karl.

Thanks, and sorry to mess you around. Yes, both bikes please.

Thanks,

karl636
29-04-09, 10:59 PM
Hi Karl.

Thanks, and sorry to mess you around. Yes, both bikes please.

Thanks,

ok mate no dramas,

RE03
30-04-09, 07:29 AM
On the gixer junkies forum im on there's someone on there that offers a service of stiching black hide to the inside of the knee on leathers to stop that problem for a tenner. Im gonna get mine done and will look into it for anyone else thats curious

Ian, let me know how you get on....... worn my leathers to a hole once already :(... only on the left side tho :-? ;)

steveo
01-05-09, 09:36 PM
sorry mate i am gana pull out, i can not afford to mess my leathers up anymore than they already are. sorry to mess ya around, but big thanks for the offer.

ONFIRE
01-05-09, 09:44 PM
sorry mate i am gana pull out, i can not afford to mess my leathers up anymore than they already are. sorry to mess ya around, but big thanks for the offer.

Don't tell everyone, they'll keep well away from you ::) :D ;D ;D ;D ;)

8-)

steveo
01-05-09, 09:48 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D, you know what i ment lol i dnt go to the toilet in my leathers lol