PDA

View Full Version : kids bikes

spudgun
14-05-09, 02:32 PM
Looking at one of these for my lad

http://www.osetbikes.co.uk/

Does anyone know of an alternative? Must be electric, his Mum won't allow a petrol one (yet)

Davey
14-05-09, 04:56 PM
Just get a petrol one and say it has the authenic sound and smoke for the 'real' feel

Then again looking at the vid they look quite good fun

ONFIRE
14-05-09, 05:53 PM
Don't they need to be road registered & Insured?

spudgun
14-05-09, 08:13 PM

don't think so, electric wheelchairs, invalid carriages, kids jeeps, scooters, sinclair C5's, segways etc don't, so can't see this being any different

ONFIRE
14-05-09, 08:17 PM

don't think so, electric wheelchairs, invalid carriages, kids jeeps, scooters, sinclair C5's, segways etc don't, so can't see this being any different

You may well be right. I did hear that they come under the same classification of a bike with a motor (Electric or petrol engined) Perhaps our very own forum Traffic Cop 'Shelley' could enlighten us on this one 8-)

spudgun
14-05-09, 08:21 PM
not that he will be taking it on the road - he's only 4 :)

but intended for the back garden and a field at my dad's house - shouldn't get any complaints, no noise etc etc

ONFIRE
14-05-09, 08:24 PM
not that he will be taking it on the road - he's only 4 :)

but intended for the back garden and a field at my dad's house - shouldn't get any complaints, no noise etc etc

He's going to be a Lucky lad [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Snowy
14-05-09, 09:03 PM
Just bought my son a 125cc pit bike for his birthday. Four gears, clutch and nice sounding exhaust note too! Lucky son of a b***h. :)