PDA

View Full Version : Where is a good place to do my bike test?

kez_kitten
12-05-09, 10:18 AM
I'm going to do my cbt soon and then do my bike test as soon as i can afterwards, i live in salisbury and just wondered where people recommended to use, i know there is A1 to go to but i want to use someone reasonably priced and that are good instructors, not just one that happens to be up the road whether they are recommended or not, anyone know of any?! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R2D2
12-05-09, 10:25 AM
I'm going to do my cbt soon and then do my bike test as soon as i can afterwards, i live in salisbury and just wondered where people recommended to use, i know there is A1 to go to but i want to use someone reasonably priced and that are good instructors, not just one that happens to be up the road whether they are recommended or not, anyone know of any?! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Did my DAS at Riding In Action at Wroughton airfield, both are nice blokes - and my missus spent last week up there too, doing CBT and preparing for her test (which annoyingly got cancelled because of the wind!).

Chris

kez_kitten
12-05-09, 10:37 AM
thanks but i think thats a bit far down the road, was hoping to do it a bit closer to home.

igbell
12-05-09, 10:45 AM
Well the company I used are in Swindon so a tad too far I would say for you.

Bubbly_Biggles
12-05-09, 10:53 AM
As Igbell said Swindon maybe to far

I used Abbey Rider Training up by the dog stadium to get me through my CBT & recently my DAS. I've heared good things about both places mentioned

PS got a 125 for sale!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Honda CBF 58 plate silver with black flash - selling as I've got a 600 now so if your interested?

igbell
12-05-09, 11:53 AM
Hey Bubbly Biggles were you on the M4 this morning going london way??

Bubbly_Biggles
12-05-09, 11:56 AM
No not me i'm afraid. Off to poole later though weather permitting

ONFIRE
12-05-09, 12:11 PM
Gibralter ::)

steveo
12-05-09, 12:25 PM
Honda CBF 58 plate silver with black flash - selling as I've got a 600 now so if your interested?

[/quote]

how much are you looking for ???? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bubbly_Biggles
12-05-09, 12:40 PM
Hiya

The mileage is 1437 bought in Dec 08, new from George Whites, it's had it's 600 mile service. Great little run about or new starter bike and looks smart too.

GW's selling them at over 2k now and they say they are very popular. I'm asking 1700.00. Happy to email pics or come and have a look see.

BB

steveo
12-05-09, 12:51 PM
thanks, will see what she say's when she get's home and get her to pm you her e-mail. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bubbly_Biggles
12-05-09, 12:52 PM
ok sounds good to me 8-)

kez_kitten
12-05-09, 01:21 PM
thanks for your help so far peoples, and thanks bubbky biggles but i cant afford it right now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bubbly_Biggles
12-05-09, 01:34 PM
No worries Kez_Kitten - good luck wth the tests. :)

kez_kitten
12-05-09, 03:16 PM
thanks ;D

KP
12-05-09, 06:07 PM
done mine in devizes..thought they were really good, and had a good laugh doing it :)

12-05-09, 07:10 PM
Mark Able from Trowbridge - excellent tutors with alot of patience! I took my test last year so can not help with what happens regarding where to take your test as I got into trowbridge test centre before it closed!
All the very best with whoever you go for - the freedom and acheivement is one of the best feelings :-)
Rachel

Ryan
12-05-09, 10:08 PM
i would HIGHLY recommend ART - Andover Rider Training, i;ve known the blokes for many years, they are tough on you but they get you through it, i passed with 0 minors, the matey i was with doing his test passed with 1 minor. very good training [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

nicko600
14-05-09, 06:41 PM
I know that price wise A1 charge £110 for a CBT and for three hour sessions £65 for 125cc or £95 for Direct Access training. The guys are good, I would recommend them.

kez_kitten
18-05-09, 09:38 AM
thanks ryan they sound pretty good and i know a1 have been recommended to me a few times and as they are probably the closest it will most likely be one of the two, thanks to everyone else who has made a suggestion, much appreciated! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
27-05-09, 11:03 PM
Another local one for you:
http://www.phoenixtrainingonline.co.uk/

I did my DAS from Amesbury and took the test in Salisbury.

Got on very well with the team there and passed first time.

What I liked a lot was that they spent a lot of time in and around the test centre (that you start / finish from) and the test routes.

They will look after you well.

Good Luck.

gerry

Steve-VFR
27-05-09, 11:33 PM
I did mine here http://www.ridinginaction.co.uk/ Passed first time to and did my test at chippenham good rates to.

jack930
27-05-09, 11:43 PM
Mark Able from Trowbridge - excellent tutors with alot of patience! I took my test last year so can not help with what happens regarding where to take your test as I got into trowbridge test centre before it closed!
All the very best with whoever you go for - the freedom and acheivement is one of the best feelings :-)
Rachel

I used Mark aswell ,had test in Chipp but they also do the test in Bristol ,depends on examaners

But oveall very good ,

sarah_race
31-05-09, 09:33 PM
I did my CBT and DA this year with A1 and got on really well with them and only had 6 lessons. I have also had lots of people recomend pheonix at Amesbury so either would be a good choice. Good Luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :)

Whizzy
01-06-09, 08:01 PM
There's Phoenix at Amesbury - heard really good reports about them or Devizes - The Bike School who were brilliant with me for myCBT. They charged 140 and it doesn't matter how long you take to train you can just keep going back until you pass.