PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop OEM Qualifiers

ONFIRE
01-05-09, 10:38 PM
Anyone had any experience with these Tyres..What do you think to them?

IMHO They're a piece of poo. Put them under any real pressure & Rear End Squirms like a snake... Real vague feeling!

And knackered after only 1600 miles ::)

Looks like I'll be replacing them next week for the new Michelin Power One 8-)

N.B. Will be advertising front Tyre next week with only 1600 miles. :D

jj
02-05-09, 08:06 AM
i used dunlop gp racers which got changed to qualifier rr due to product recall and would now use nothing else, but u are right about mileage dont get much over 1000 out of rear.think the problem is most oem tyres dont seem as good as the replacement

ollie
02-05-09, 07:02 PM
not to sure on those tyres but my dunlop alpha 10's work a treat. not quite done a 1000 miles on em yet but they are chewing up nicley all over. mind you tho my bike isnt as powerful as a 600/1000.

Sean.C
02-05-09, 07:08 PM
Have them on my street triple and haven't had a problem , but there a different spec to what is fitted on jap bikes.

igbell
02-05-09, 08:45 PM
Sorry never used them so cant say

ONFIRE
06-05-09, 05:14 PM
Ended up getting a pair of Corsa III today.

westcountryninja
11-05-09, 12:36 PM
i had a set of corsa 3's on my Zx6r, what a waste of money... only lasted 1100 miles! 2CT's are best on the market right now!

ONFIRE
11-05-09, 12:51 PM
Had Corsa's on my Blade seemed to last at least 3000 miles...Will let you know how I get on with the R6 8-)

ONFIRE
03-06-09, 12:48 AM
i had a set of corsa 3's on my Zx6r, what a waste of money... only lasted 1100 miles! 2CT's are best on the market right now!

You're right [smiley=shocked.gif] Pile of crap or perhaps I am riding harder only 600 miles since new (not motorway Lol) and they're starting to sq off already...Soft as putty.

Hope they last out for MP :D

karl636
03-06-09, 10:18 AM
It all depends on what your buying the tyres for if you buy a softer compound tyre, no it wont last that long at all, so ppl carnt say a tyre is crap it is the person who is picking the tyre that is crap, they know what there getting the tyre for so they should do their reserch on tyres first b4 they buy, I will just say though, you will never ever ever out ride any tyre that is made it doesnt matter if it is a Dunlop OEM Qualifiers or the sc1 and 2 i use on the track............

I use diablo supercorse sc1 and 2 both on road and off road, but i ride like a twat so i need tyres that are gunna grip like mad granted i only get about 1000 miles out of them on the road, but it works for me.

karl

ONFIRE
03-06-09, 10:54 AM
It all depends on what your buying the tyres for if you buy a softer compound tyre, no it wont last that long at all, so ppl carnt say a tyre is crap it is the person who is picking the tyre that is crap, they know what there getting the tyre for so they should do their reserch on tyres first b4 they buy, I will just say though, you will never ever ever out ride any tyre that is made it doesnt matter if it is a Dunlop OEM Qualifiers or the sc1 and 2 i use on the track............

I use diablo supercorse sc1 and 2 both on road and off road, but i ride like a thingy so i need tyres that are gunna grip like mad granted i only get about 1000 miles out of them on the road, but it works for me.

karl

To be clear Crap mileage! I bought them on the advice that they would grip a hell lot better than oem qualifiers. In which the Corsa III do. So guess like always a trade off between milelage & Grip. Its probably coincided with the way I ride since I returned to TD's this year ;) So thats answered my own question. :-? Cheer's Karl [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

karl636
03-06-09, 05:02 PM
you welcome mate

westcountryninja
04-06-09, 02:38 PM
If you thrash your 600 like i do mine then it's worth looking at a sticky as hell front and hard rear.. i've started using dunlop road smarts... just as much grip and twice the milage!

Unless your going keep a super sticky at the right heat 100% of the time your riding then they are a complete waste of money! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ONFIRE
06-06-09, 11:16 PM
If you thrash your 600 like i do mine then it's worth looking at a sticky as hell front and hard rear.. i've started using dunlop road smarts... just as much grip and twice the milage!

Unless your going keep a super sticky at the right heat 100% of the time your riding then they are a complete waste of money! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lol now you tell me... yeah its getting pretty much thrashed.. As I have 100% faith in my front end I may well gives these a try.

Davey
07-06-09, 07:13 AM
Speak to Feen and see if you can get a deal on some Maxxis Supermaxx - they've been using them on track with no issues, great grip levels and wear but they're also cheap - I've just got a set for my moto after testing them last week

Just need to check gixerjunkies forum as about a 40 page thread on the tyres and great reviews

ONFIRE
07-06-09, 05:44 PM
Speak to Feen and see if you can get a deal on some Maxxis Supermaxx - they've been using them on track with no issues, great grip levels and wear but they're also cheap - I've just got a set for my moto after testing them last week

Just need to check gixerjunkies forum as about a 40 page thread on the tyres and great reviews

Cool... going to run with the Corsa's until their end of life! Won't take long :D