PDA

View Full Version : Whats your latest Modification & Why?

ONFIRE
24-02-09, 08:24 PM
Just had my Translogic QS fitted and road tested. Best bit of kit ever bought for seamless clutchless upshifts....So smooth 8-)

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/poshboy_photos/R6%202008/Transam2.jpg

Davey
24-02-09, 08:47 PM
More to the point when do I get to test it :D

ONFIRE
24-02-09, 09:03 PM

I am taken it into that wonderful George White Superbike place this Friday Morning 9:00am. So Tea's on you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] or is it that day off excuse Lol 8-)

R1chie
24-02-09, 09:32 PM
I've done nowt to the R1 since I bought it.......but I suspect there'll be some new bits and pieces being added to it soon enough.

Davey
24-02-09, 10:00 PM

I am taken it into that wonderful George White Superbike place this Friday Morning 9:00am. So Tea's on you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] or is it that day off excuse Lol 8-)

I'm in on Friday - thursdays my day off [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ONFIRE
24-02-09, 10:10 PM

I'm in on Friday - thursdays my day off [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
25-02-09, 02:06 PM
I haven't done anything for aaages - need to get a rear hugger sorted at some point but it may have to wait a couple months

crewy
25-02-09, 02:16 PM
Not really had chance to get stuff done, but i did buy a dark tinted double bubble screen for my ducati 916 the other day but thats about it :(

jonnydangerous
27-02-09, 02:42 PM
ive pumped up the tyres and set up the suspension (static sag, race sag, comprecssion and rebound) to the correct settings for my weight and riding style, and thats the best mods ive ever done cos theyre free! everyone should do this before they do anything else.....

....but if you wanna get technical, on the RD250lc ive raised the auxilliary transfer prots by half a mm and re-angled them to "Hug the piston" on the transfer/compression stage, to prevent mixture distillation and help move the pocket of exhaust gas, whilst preventing loss of charge out of the exhaust port...... :D a worthy modification, has made the world of difference [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

on the GSXR thou, i will soon be making 3 angle valves and seat mods, smooth the valve throats, increase their diameter to 0.87 of the valve size, and mismatch the standard header pipes, raising the floor of the pipe so that it is level with the floor of the port, making a step at the top of the port to pipe.....the benefits will be another couple of horsepower! woohah! ;)

crewy
27-02-09, 09:29 PM
WOW got anything else in mind jaydee lol

schwee
28-02-09, 10:28 PM
not half as technical, but one of those Hairy-R's QA throttles was my latest mod to the track bike

The best free mod I made was to increase the idle speed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ONFIRE
28-02-09, 11:22 PM
not half as technical, but one of those Hairy-R's QA throttles was my latest mod to the track bike

Idle speed :o that's a bit rich are you sure. Thought that bit of plastic increased cam diameter and shortened the amount of throttle turn 1/5 ::)
8-)

mikesouthby
28-02-09, 11:49 PM
I washed my bike, makes it go faster don't you know.. does that count?

ollie
01-03-09, 07:40 PM
new body kit and single seat cowl, new dunlop tyres and screen. maybe new pipes soon.

Ryan
01-03-09, 08:05 PM
done nout, wanna get a iridium double bubble screen for it though

Davey
01-03-09, 09:04 PM
Changed the spark plugs for nice shiny iridium ones - it now runs again

Also just bought a new radiator, exhaust and rear subframe for the SV to tidy it up

igbell
01-03-09, 09:55 PM
My last mod was getting the bike ready to tour abroard, so put on a wingrack and bought 45Ltr Panns, that was like 3 years ago

nickw
02-03-09, 06:15 PM
Done nothing on my VFR yet. I would like to make the dash light up in blue, from the rather dull looking yellow. But I think its a bit sad of me lol

Oh I bought a Ventura rack system for it to go to France last year. Its a brilliant bit of kit ;)

Kevinb
03-03-09, 08:49 AM
The only mod I have are the Akropovics. The extras for the MT-01 are expensive and most look naff. The only one I want on it is a decent screen.

RE03
04-03-09, 05:21 PM
Transplanted a K3 750 braced swingarm onto my K1 600 trackbike. 8-)
Makes it stiffer........ apparently....... [smiley=happy.gif]

schwee
04-03-09, 06:58 PM

Idle speed :o that's a bit rich are you sure. Thought that bit of plastic increased cam diameter and shortened the amount of throttle turn 1/5 ::)
8-)

The latest mod was the QA throttle

The cheapest and best mod was the idle speed

Two separate mods

ONFIRE
04-03-09, 07:07 PM

8-)

The latest mod was the QA throttle

The cheapest and best mod was the idle speed

Two separate mods

Miss read thread :-*::).....You're 100% correct 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

schwee
04-03-09, 07:35 PM
Haha ;D

ONFIRE
04-03-09, 07:42 PM
Haha ;D

;D ;D

davej
05-03-09, 12:45 PM
ok this will confuse you but a ty175 front end and swinging arm / wheels lifts one of my little bikes up to give more ground clearance
its a lot more complicated than that with the 2 sets of chains etc but more will be revealed in late august.

spudgun
09-03-09, 09:09 AM
jazzed up my seat unit by adding some vents

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/spudgun_01/S7002059.jpghttp://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w21/spudgun_01/S7002060.jpg

8-)

crewy
09-03-09, 04:07 PM
Thunderbird has done quite alot of modifications to his bike of late!!! Why have you not posted them yet Thunderbird?! ;) ;D

jj
09-03-09, 05:40 PM
just fitted arrow exhaust,carbon hugger and new tyres ready for the summer :)

6T
09-03-09, 07:24 PM
Thunderbird has done quite alot of modifications to his bike of late!!! Why have you not posted them yet Thunderbird?! ;) ;D have been a bit busy carrying them out crewy plus plus a few other projects on the go ;D so here you go for those that dont know me or my bike i ride a 1957 triumph 650 thunderbird i built the bike a few years ago from parts to ride and enjoy so its not built with originality in mind more of an on going development ;Dit has later bonnie forks 1960/63 and a late sixties TLS front brake (these old bikes will go so its good to stop) i converted it to 12v electrics with a new alternator and power module and its running with twin carbs on an iron head have also fitted carb float bowl extensions,it has a modified timing cover with crankcase breather and a gearbox driven off the exhaust camshaft for the rev counter.
iam currently overhauling the top end due to it starting to burn a bit of oil and running a bit hot,have bought a later 5 fin head to aid cooling and fitted new bronze guides and larger inlet and exhaust valves and recut the seats also ported inlets and ported and polished the exhaust side the head had been skimmed quite heavily in the past i suspect to raise compression,so i will stick with the standard pistons was tempted to go for higher comp ones.
having striped the motor down i found the oil control rings had siezed in there grooves causing blow by hence the oil burning and running at high temp,but the bores were good only needing a light hone so fitted new rings after cleaning the grooves in the old pistons i did have another set of new pistons to hand but these were reserved for another project,well i should have fitted them while i had it apart ::)having taken the bike out on several runs there is a good improvement in proformance but a niggling smokey exhaust one side >:(so today i decided to pull it all apart again and will be fitting the new pistons and have orderd some new small end bushes so will replace them as well.hope i havent bored you to much but you did ask crewy ;D

crewy
11-03-09, 11:24 PM
Very good Steve but you haven't mentioned the bit about you spending 3 days polishing your rod!!! :o :o ;D

SupeRDel
11-03-09, 11:51 PM
Doing a mag article on this little beauty.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/phpUu8uEPPM.jpg

Owner is making how he wants it.

Its one standard 1979 RD250 with 350cc barrels fitted. All speed expansion chambers.

Wot finishes it off is the rare spoked wheels.

Some useless facts for you. The Yamaha RD400 and 250 was the first production bike to have alloys fitted in 1976. Only a few RD's ever had spoke wheels - hence they are rare to find.

Amante_271
12-03-09, 07:37 AM
The last modification I made was to buy a new flasher unit (for the indicators!) as the old one was seriously out of sinc. Ive also got hold of a rev counter from a Dolomite sprint (?) to fit on to a home-made bracket with an analog clock (to tell the time) which will be fitted in the bikini fairing to cover up some of the wiring. Also I SHOULD be getting the dummy petrol tank back tonight, as its been re-painted (AGAIN!) as the lacquer and the paint didnt like each other!!

Ive also just bought a box of 362 (strange number!) O-ring seals from Aldi for just over £6 so I can (with a little help from my friend, pal, buddy, amigo, Steve) fix the slave cylinders on the rear brakes... with luck!

8-)

igbell
12-03-09, 08:47 AM
my latest update is a new tax disc...... ;D ;D

Davey
12-03-09, 10:16 AM
I am just in the process of getting a full custom exhaust for the storm made up - hi level stubby cans - will it be loud oooooooooh yeahhhhhhhhh as the fat dog from churchill would say :D

I will also be getting the spare wheels powder coated and once I find somewhere that does them a track fairing

igbell
12-03-09, 11:14 AM
What I WANT to do is
Rear Hugger
service the forks
either new or recon the rear suspension
double bubble
new front mud guard (my glue'ing is giving way)
get the wheels re painted

BB
12-03-09, 05:29 PM
Doing a mag article on this little beauty.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/phpUu8uEPPM.jpg

Owner is making how he wants it.

Its one standard 1979 RD250 with 350cc barrels fitted. All speed expansion chambers.

Wot finishes it off is the rare spoked wheels.

Some useless facts for you. The Yamaha RD400 and 250 was the first production bike to have alloys fitted in 1976. Only a few RD's ever had spoke wheels - hence they are rare to find.

That is very pretty! 8-)

BB

ONFIRE
11-04-09, 10:32 PM
My R6 is looking Damn Trick...

Just spent the afternoon stripping my rear end ;D ;D Plastics & removed those rear footpeg's things not sure what they're for & fitted blanking plates looking 8-)

Davey
11-04-09, 11:01 PM
Did you do your led lights or do you still want me to do it?

Just an update on mine I have

fitted new cans - fooking loud
carbon belly pan
undertray
LED tail lights
smaller plate

ready to go on
SP1 front brakes
GSXR K6 master cylinder and lever

steveo
11-04-09, 11:04 PM
new pads and front breaks ;D ;D

ONFIRE
11-04-09, 11:07 PM

carbon belly pan
undertray
LED tail lights
smaller plate

ready to go on
SP1 front brakes

I only intended to fit the Blank plates...Generalyy I refuse to touch bike plastics... After thinking it out I took the plunge & fitted the Blanking plates then decided to go the whole hog and replaced the LED. Not for the faint hearted. All went back together very well...

Thanks for your offer Stu 8-)

Davey
11-04-09, 11:12 PM

carbon belly pan
undertray
LED tail lights
smaller plate

ready to go on
SP1 front brakes

I only intended to fit the Blank plates...Generalyy I refuse to touch bike plastics... After thinking it out I took the plunge & fitted the Blanking plates then decided to go the whole hog and replaced the LED. Not for the faint hearted. All went back together very well...

Thanks for your offer Stu 8-)

No worries - told you it was a doddle - looks like I've accidently volenteered myself to do someone a custom led light on carbon fibre tails section :-/

ONFIRE
12-04-09, 06:00 PM
Reckon my rear end looks cute :-* :-*

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o136/poshboy_photos/R6%202008/butt.jpg

:P

Davey
12-04-09, 06:03 PM
Could have put it on straight Mr Cuty Butt :-*

jack930
13-04-09, 09:05 PM
I am just in the process of getting a full custom exhaust for the storm made up - hi level stubby cans - will it be loud oooooooooh yeahhhhhhhhh as the fat dog from churchill would say :D

I will also be getting the spare wheels powder coated and once I find somewhere that does them a track fairing

would that be a firestorm ;) ??

Davey
13-04-09, 09:12 PM

would that be a firestorm ;) ??

Yep - I am currently playing with various types of exhausts to see what I like - currently twin high level, next single low, then trying single high (both sides incase I decide to do single swing arm if it doesn't become a track bike)

jack930
13-04-09, 09:25 PM
Nice,,i got Quill exhausts, nice and loud,without baffl's in (of course)

i also got a LED tail light that i need some advice on fitting, ive had a look but it just seems diff ,or it could be missing some thing ??

been trying to find a place to get a aftermarket CCT,

Might have a trip up to GW to see ya ;)

Davey
13-04-09, 09:29 PM
Nice,,i got Quill exhausts, nice and loud,without baffl's in (of course)

i also got a LED tail light that i need some advice on fitting, ive had a look but it just seems diff ,or it could be missing some thing ??

been trying to find a place to get a aftermarket CCT,

Might have a trip up to GW to see ya ;)

I'll give you a sound off once I've sorted my hanger out - be good to see if mine are loud ;)

LED light you need to take off the bulb holder from your old one

Yeah pop in anytime (don't hit the post next time :P)

ONFIRE
13-04-09, 09:48 PM
Rear Tail light easy fit, in fact back in 2001 Clear Alternatives used my Firestorm picy to advertise their very first led tail light :D
http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CA&Product_Cod e=CTL-0044-L&Category_Code=VTR1000

Brilliant bikes [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jack930
13-04-09, 10:35 PM
lol u saw that then ,,me foot hit it :-[

Davey
14-04-09, 07:10 AM
lol u saw that then ,,me foot hit it :-[

Wasn't sure if it was you as you didn't come and say hello - just took a guess looking at your avatar piccy! You could have denied it and got away with it ;)

jack930
14-04-09, 03:54 PM
lol,, tryed to look casual after it ,,as if it never happend 8-)

Davey
14-04-09, 08:00 PM
lol,, tryed to look casual after it ,,as if it never happend 8-)

We all spotted you - being polite we turned away before laughing - if it was clearer on the cctv we would have you tubed it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

but you did ride off like nothing happened 8-)

jack930
14-04-09, 08:04 PM
omg on cctv :-[ it wasnt me then lol :D

So i guess your the man to know if i ever get any prob's [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6T
15-04-09, 08:12 AM
just fitted a new avon AM26 Roadrider rear tyre to the old tbird,now bearing in mind the bike is 52yrs old it was a toss up between an avon SM for that authentic look or a modern tyre with the benifits in handling.
glad i went for the roadrider as the bike used to track at the slightest change in road surface ie grooves/roadworks etc,and i havent noticed it yet with the new tyre so think i will change the speedmaster i have up front for a roadrider aswell [smiley=happy.gif]

Davey
15-04-09, 11:08 AM
omg on cctv :-[ it wasnt me then lol :D

So i guess your the man to know if i ever get any prob's [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yep I know my way around a VTR :)

Uber Dave
20-04-09, 08:10 PM
A week or so ago the LED rear light I ordered arrived, and here are some before and after shots.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3216_80016846948_508541948_2183609_5434672_n.jpg

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3216_80016851948_508541948_2183610_8246581_n.jpg

And then today, finally I have got round to changing my indicators from the huge ugly standard ones to some tiny (in comparison) LED ones.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3216_80014556948_508541948_2183588_5644507_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs031.snc1/3216_80014561948_508541948_2183589_3206750_n.jpg

Seems I put the front two on 180 degrees the wrong way round so will turn them over tomorrow, and just have to wait for the new relay to arrive so they don't flash quick enough to trigger a fit in an epileptic. But its amazing how much just these tiny changes has altered the look of the whole bike!

Next, the silencer, and then I am done with mods.

R1chie
31-05-09, 11:33 AM
A pair of brand new Arata cans now adorn my R1, replacing the Micron cans that came with the bike.

They give off a lovely sound and look far better than the Microns 8-)

Also got some black CRG levers to fit as well. Foldable jobbies like I had on my 6r.

Apart from some new tyres (power one's maybe....2CT's at least) and maybe a new screen, that is it for me and the bike for the forseeable future.

ONFIRE
31-05-09, 02:07 PM
A pair of brand new Arata cans now adorn my R1, replacing the Micron cans that came with the bike.

Also got some black CRG levers to fit as well. Foldable jobbies like I had on my 6r.

Apart from some new tyres (power one's maybe....2CT's at least) and maybe a new screen, that is it for me and the bike for the forseeable future.

Any pic's Richie?

Ryan
31-05-09, 02:55 PM
My latest is my new pipe pics in the gallery section :)

R1chie
31-05-09, 02:59 PM

Any pic's Richie?

If I can motivate my lazy geordie ass, I'll go and get some.

Don't hold your breath though ;D

R1chie
21-06-09, 08:48 PM
I hope you didn't hold your breath ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/richie653/P6210086.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/richie653/P6210090.jpg

ONFIRE
21-06-09, 08:55 PM
I hope you didn't hold your breath ;D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/richie653/P6210086.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/richie653/P6210090.jpg

At long last we get to see those foreign Johnny Pringle Cans... You actually ride that thingy Lol ! Been out twice myself today testing out my 520 1 down 2 up conversion. ;D ;D ;D ;)

R1 Looks well nice Richie 8-)

igbell
25-06-09, 03:36 PM
wash and polish

Iceman
28-06-09, 03:17 PM
..my mods? ... a few well placed jubillee clips on my downpipes to plug the leaks! :D I really need to change them ASAP!!! ;D

ps...it just passed the mot last week with a bemused look and advice to change them soon! [smiley=happy.gif]

bazacasa
28-06-09, 09:36 PM
don't need a QS on a suzuki ! Clutchless changes are easy. Got new Pazzo levers tho for that bling factor and a double bubble screen on order. Always fit crash bungs to every bike and latest lot paid for themselves in first week ! ;D Not a mark on bike - ego was a bit bruised tho lol

Plug
04-07-09, 09:56 AM
making a new fuel tank for the trike out of an old army jerry can because the old one is shagged, just got to fit it now.

IanTasker
05-07-09, 12:08 PM
Errrr nowt major, stomp grip and new maxxis tyres

kes2463
06-07-09, 09:36 AM
Engine bars being made by Andy at Somerset Steel (I hope) at last (as I type) [smiley=happy.gif]