Sunday 6th. September @ Devizes
Sunday 20th. September @ Devizes
Sunday 4th. 0ctober nr Devizes

Bonnielass
15-12-08, 05:20 PM
I went on one earlier this year, highly recommended

BB
16-12-08, 06:15 PM
Thanks for posting these Jack, I got them yesterday but was unable to get on here last night. I've taken the liberty of splitting it off the 2008 thread and starting a fresh one for it.

I did it this year and two years ago - Well worth doing IMHO [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

For information about Bikesafe contact: Colin Reeves on 07770 695792 or 01793 466399 or Email: colinreeves@wiltshire.gov.uk

BB

jack930
17-12-08, 08:36 PM
Np, glad to help :)

Xenocide
25-02-09, 09:23 PM
Should be going with a few friends for the april 19th date

iankebab
26-02-09, 07:54 PM
I've also done the Bikesafe. Very good day, highly recommended. Good to see it is carrying on.

jack930
27-02-09, 04:01 PM
Should be going with a few friends for the april 19th date

Might jump on that one aswell seeing their is some more going from WB [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Opps just been told by the boss,i will be away that date :-[

so will need to pick another

Hunar
27-02-09, 04:15 PM
ok getting my form through the post any day now, should we arrange a day we all attend, make it a WB day out?

Seeing as we have some already signing up for the 19th april, shoudl we all put in for that date?

Last Train
27-02-09, 07:18 PM
I'm gonna enrol on one of these. What a great idea.
The day comes well recommended from all that have previously attended.
I'll try for the 19th, as it's the first of the season.

BB
02-03-09, 07:26 PM
Well worth attending, great day out. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Honda_Star
02-03-09, 07:32 PM
i would be very interested in coming along? how do we book? as a group or seperately?

paddee
17-03-09, 10:54 AM
I did mine, last October.
Very good, and they're all very nice chaps. Even the police.

It's also nice to see a variety of bikes n people there :D

BB
24-03-09, 09:58 PM
I met Colin today and he tells me the first few dates are practically full so if you have a specific date in mind better book up soon.

He also tells me that he would like to see more 1st timers attending. All types and sizes of bikes (and bikers!) are welcome. Everyone is really friendly on bike safe so don't be shy about going along on your own - you will soon be chatting to people.

It's interesting and informative and also a great day out - and a good way to meet fellow riders. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Last Train
25-03-09, 06:55 PM
I'm booked in for May

:)

Iceman
25-03-09, 07:05 PM
Went last year.A good and informative day with a ride assesement at the end! A definite course for those who have never attended before or returning to bikes after a lengthy abstinence.

BB
26-03-09, 11:07 PM
Last year they were handing out the DVD Great Roads Great Rides which was pretty good and I've just been watching Great Roads Great Rides 2 which Colin gave me this week. Interesting to watch & fun to play the interactive bits [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Last Train
09-05-09, 07:43 AM
I'm on this course tomorrow, weather's gonna be good.
Really looking forward to it
Anybody from here booked as well ?

8-)

Last Train
10-05-09, 07:08 PM
What a good day,
A very warm welcome, lots of straight-forward sensible advice. an invaluable appraised ride of 40 ish miles, we had the pleasure of the MET police today.
Very glad i attended
A big thanks to all involved

8-)

Trist
15-05-09, 02:39 PM
What a good day,
A very warm welcome, lots of straight-forward sensible advice. an invaluable appraised ride of 40 ish miles, we had the pleasure of the MET police today.
Very glad i attended

8-)

ENcouraging news, I'm booked for the next one in July.

I'm a bit worried they'll pick up on my 7x5 number plate but hopefully they're not out to fine/pull you on Bikesafe :-?

R2D2
15-05-09, 03:51 PM
I'm booked on the August date (hopefully - haven't heard back since I sent my form in), any others?

Chris :)

Trevena
15-05-09, 05:22 PM
June 7th for me.

Last Train
17-05-09, 10:14 AM
What a good day,
Very glad i attended

8-)

I'm a bit worried they'll pick up on my 7x5 number plate but hopefully they're not out to fine/pull you on Bikesafe :-?

Not at all, :)
the function of the course, as the title suggests, is A&E and coffin avoidance and the many things you can do to avoid them.
Re your plate, if you turned up like a complete tw*t, bald tyres, shorts etc, they mightn't be too impressed. i doubt they'd mention your plate, but that isn't really why they are there.
its a good day, enjoy
8-)

Trist
18-05-09, 12:08 AM
What a good day,
Very glad i attended

8-)

Not at all, :)
the function of the course, as the title suggests, is A&E and coffin avoidance and the many things you can do to avoid them.
Re your plate, if you turned up like a complete tw*t, bald tyres, shorts etc, they mightn't be too impressed. i doubt they'd mention your plate, but that isn't really why they are there.
its a good day, enjoy
8-)

Thanks very much [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

StokeBandit
09-06-09, 07:38 PM
Went on this on Sunday. What a great day, very relaxed, good presentations, enjoyed the assessed ride with the police. Thanks again to Colin and his team. p.s loved the coffee and cookies too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

JC
27-06-09, 02:16 PM
Yeah should be a good day. im booked in for August. does any know how many people go?

lurkalot
27-06-09, 10:42 PM
I'm on the August day too. No idea how many places there are for each day though.

Gerry
27-06-09, 11:43 PM
Tried to get on the August one Lurkalot after we met at Amesbury, but it's full !
I'm on the September one now, but asked him to call me if there was a cancelation.

Cheers
Gerry

Ducatista
28-06-09, 11:28 AM
I think it's around 20, but might depends on how many volunteer police riders they can get for the day.

Iceman
28-06-09, 03:09 PM
...went on this last year.A great day with great input from the police followed by a practical assesement later. Don't forget to take your documents as you cannot be assesed without them! ;)

lurkalot
02-07-09, 02:06 PM
Tried to get on the August one Lurkalot after we met at Amesbury, but it's full !
I'm on the September one now, but asked him to call me if there was a cancelation.

Cheers
Gerry

That's a shame - seems there are plenty of us newbies around though so I'm sure you won't be alone [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bikermouse
10-07-09, 10:04 PM
I was due to have been on the July one but, thanks to a middle ear infection, I had to cancel. Now waiting for a new date that they can slot me into, hopefully before the temps start going downhill again - I don't particularly enjoy riding in the cold.

kj

Gerry
21-08-09, 12:56 PM
Just got confirmation today - Sunday 6th September for me in Devizes :)

Anybody else going for here ?

Gerry

Scotty
21-08-09, 02:22 PM
I did the one at the beginning of August at Devizes, a very good day, but make sure that your bike is legal on things like tyres, a mate of ours was sent home because there was a split in the centreline of his rear tyre (it was close to the limits anyway) - the coppers weren't bothered by my dark visor ("as long as you can see through it I'm fine with it"), small number plate ("that'll cost you £60 if you get stopped nowadays") or Akrapovic pipe marked not for road use - no comment at all, and it's not like he couldn't hear it. Take all your documentation (licence, insurance, MoT) and ensure that your bike is safe.

Watch, listen, participate, enjoy :)

Gerry
06-09-09, 09:19 PM
Did this today...
I thought it was good.

I was very surprised that it seemed 90% experienced bikers on quick bikes (I was expecting novice riders).

The classroom bit was interesting, nothing astounding, but went into depth on all the usual bike manouvers (overtaking, filtering etc) learned a few new points.

The assessed ride was also good, although my policeman (nice guy, Barrie) would have liked me to "press on" more, but I found it very difficult to not keep a big eye on my speedo with a big police bike following me.
Happy that he said good things as I usually go faster on my own !

All in all a good day, would recommend it.

Ducatista
07-09-09, 08:43 AM
If anyone is keen to do this then I would suggest seeing if you can get on the October one.
It might not be common knowledge but Bike Safe funding is under threat for 2010.

I don't know if the October one is full.
If anyone rings up perhaps they can post whether it's full and if so how long the waiting list is.
There is always a cancellation list as there is sometimes sickness or person/bike emergencies.

BB
07-09-09, 06:48 PM
I had heard about the funding issues too, I hope they keep it going. It's well worth doing [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Gerry
08-09-09, 10:34 PM
It was mentioned that the next one had 5/6 ladies on it !

If anyone is keen to do this then I would suggest seeing if you can get on the October one.
It might not be common knowledge but Bike Safe funding is under threat for 2010.

I don't know if the October one is full.
If anyone rings up perhaps they can post whether it's full and if so how long the waiting list is.
There is always a cancellation list as there is sometimes sickness or person/bike emergencies.

HensonA
28-09-09, 10:06 PM
I e-mailed Colin Reeves (organiser) over the weekend and had reply from Colin today saying there were still places (but filling up fast) for this season's last Bikesafe course this Sunday 4th October at Urchfont Manor.

Colin Reeves e-mailed me a Bikesafe letter and Booking form which I have completed and e-mailed back to him this evening, so i am hoping to get on course.

Colin's e-mail address is colin.reeves@wiltshire.gov.uk (His mobile is 07770 695792).

Adrian [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
29-09-09, 01:47 PM
I've just had a email from the South Glos raod safety team.
For those that don't know, Kingswood is on the Eastern extremety of Bristol and it's pretty easy to get to down the A420.
I went on one in Bristol and it was good.
These are probably the last ones this season and bear in mind that the Wiltshire bike safes are "under threat".
When I went to this in 2005 you had to take your own packed lunch (same as Wilts).

There are still places available at the BikeSafe event in Kingswood on Sunday 4th October. The cost is £10 (donated to charity). Start 0900, end around 1600 If you would like to book a place, or want further information please let me know.

Regards

Garrad Bailey
Motorcycling Officer
Road Safety Team

Tel: (01454) 86 3749
Mobile 07828 388 187
South Gloucestershire Council
Broad Lane, Yate. BS37 3PN

BB
29-09-09, 06:43 PM
Do which ever is convienient to you BUT make sure you enquire about the Wiltshire one to ensure a demand is logged.

If no one applies to Wiltshire then no demand is logged/generated then they will not bother to run it next year because no one is asking for it! Get my drift? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Snowy
29-09-09, 09:06 PM
Do which ever is convienient to you BUT make sure you enquire about the Wiltshire one to ensure a demand is logged.

If no one applies to Wiltshire then no demand is logged/generated then they will not bother to run it next year because no one is asking for it! Get my drift? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Well said BB. I'm going on the Wilts one this Sunday - really looking forward to the road riding ;)

Mas1
04-10-09, 07:12 PM
this is a great day would reconnend it to all bike riders [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R2D2
04-10-09, 08:41 PM
Was meant to be on one of the 2009 dates but a few weeks before, I ended up bikeless! Can't wait for next year though, just waiting for the 2010 dates to be announced :)

Ducatista
04-10-09, 09:03 PM
Bike safe in Wiltshire is under threat for 2010.
I very much hope it does go ahead and continues to be free, but if not, it's not a million miles to Bristol.

Dabz
06-10-09, 10:51 AM
any idea how much funding is required? If achievable I'd be up for doing loads of WB fund raising events to help them out

Ducatista
06-10-09, 11:58 AM
No idea, but I do know the police officers are paid double time on a Sunday.