PDA

View Full Version : Tyres

Robf
28-02-10, 03:29 PM
yet again another post on tyres.
i need to get a set of new tyres soon, i'm looking at getting pirelli mt75's unless theres some type of tyre thats cheaper and won't cost more than the 75's

front is 100/80 17
rear is 130/70 17

i phoned pro tyre in Westbury and they quoted me £205 for Pirelli sport demons which is a similar tyre according to the Pirelli website, that price was to have them fitted to the bike. But the price is too high for me to pay out on some tyres, although i could afford it.

Any ideas on some tyres or even somewhere to get them that won't cost an arm or a leg. although i could also take the wheels in themselves but would prefer to just drop the bike off for this.

I currently have 1.6mm of tread so will need to get them in the near future but currently waiting for pro tyre to let me know they can get the mt75 rear in so might be a while for pro tyre to get back to me as it's been a month already, although they did say they where on backorder when i last contacted them.

slowr1der
28-02-10, 05:30 PM
Rob give Micheldever tyres a ring they are normally the cheapest i can find fitted drive in drive out. They are about 10 mins on A303 east past Thruxton/Andover

I have also previoiusly bought from internet (Busters/IntoBikes) when they are doing deals on pairs and then got Micheldever to fit.

Robf
28-02-10, 05:34 PM
cheers will look into it

Roll_on
28-02-10, 06:08 PM
You could try Chippenham Motorcycles on Bumpers Farm they supplied and fitted Pirelle tyres for my Triumph Trophy and were very competative.

wiltshire builders
28-02-10, 06:31 PM
You could try Chippenham Motorcycles on Bumpers Farm they supplied and fitted Pirelle tyres for my Triumph Trophy and were very competative.
I use them too. They will also fit tyres you bought elsewhere.

Mark_Able
28-02-10, 08:44 PM
Rob, we use Bridgestone BT45's on our GS's, cos they last well and give good all round grip. Don't go to ProTyre what ever you do. After waiting for two and a half hours to have a pair fitted to my bike, the mechanic then said I'd better take it up the road to check everything was ok (!). I nearly high-sided twice in half a mile using sod all throttle. Got back to find 22psi in the front, and 15psi in the rear (should've been 36 and 42). It was never right, so had to have the front re-balanced and the rear refitted at Phoenix. Look for 'Black and round' on the net. They sell pairs of tyres dirt cheap. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
28-02-10, 09:51 PM
Rob, we use Bridgestone BT45's on our GS's, cos they last well and give good all round grip. Don't go to ProTyre what ever you do. After waiting for two and a half hours to have a pair fitted to my bike, the mechanic then said I'd better take it up the road to check everything was ok (!). I nearly high-sided twice in half a mile using sod all throttle. Got back to find 22psi in the front, and 15psi in the rear (should've been 36 and 42). It was never right, so had to have the front re-balanced and the rear refitted at Phoenix. Look for 'Black and round' on the net. They sell pairs of tyres dirt cheap. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I looked up black and round but don't think these guys are selling tyres. ::)

Robf
01-03-10, 10:52 AM
Bought some BT-045's last night off of intobikes cost £133.47, just waiting for them to be delievered then gotta find someone to fit them in the local area =)

Jon_W
01-03-10, 01:31 PM
Pheonix or GM Stevens in Trowbridge will fit them.

I've always used Pheonix. I'd rather pay more for people I trust when it comes to tyres.

Robf
01-03-10, 02:20 PM
any idea what pheonix charge to fit tyres?

slowr1der
01-03-10, 05:46 PM

Yeha i thiunk he meant round and black lol or there is always blackcircles

Mark_Able
02-03-10, 01:16 PM

Yeha i thiunk he meant round and black lol or there is always blackcircles

I think they're on ebag... :)

Mark_Able
02-03-10, 01:17 PM
Bought some BT-045's last night off of intobikes cost £133.47, just waiting for them to be delievered then gotta find someone to fit them in the local area =)

I think Phoenix charge about £10 a wheel for loose wheels. If they've got to take them out, it's normally more. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]