PDA

View Full Version : How much is a CBT now??

Jon_W
09-04-10, 02:48 PM
My girlfriend is intereted in getting a scooter.... sick of running a car at 120.9/ltr fuel every day.

I assume the procedure is much the same as when I did it, send off your lisence, get a provisional entitlement, do your CBT, ride up to 125 on L plates.

Is this correct and how much is a CBT now???

Prehaps one for you Mark??? :D

Jacde
09-04-10, 02:52 PM
Yep
Yep
Yep and
Yep
£99 is the price I paid.
If a full car driving licence was issued before 1 Feb 2001, then you already have a full moped entitlement on that licence (full category P entitlement), so you are not legally required to do the CBT and can ride a moped without restrictions.
If you passed your car driving licence from 1 Feb 2001 onwards, then you do not need to apply for a provisional moped licence as your driving licence was issued with a full category P entitlement. However you must do your CBT to validate the moped entitlement on that licence. Once you've completed the CBT you have a full moped licence and can ride mopeds without the learner rider restrictions. The DL196 certificate that you receive from doing your CBT in this case only expires with your driving licence when you turn 70.

R2D2
09-04-10, 03:14 PM
send off your lisence, get a provisional entitlement

Send off your licence? I was under the impression that a full car licence automagically included a provisional bike licence sufficient for taking CBT and riding a 125. I don't remember ever sending mine off, and I rode on a CBT for nearly a year without bother.

Mark_Able
09-04-10, 07:55 PM
Sent you a PM Jon... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]