PDA

View Full Version : looking for a 125

Hazel-nut
14-04-10, 10:45 PM
been looking at 125s on ebay and have come across a sanya sy 125 for £600 but was wondering if anyone knows anything about this make?dabz said he hadnt heard of it so didnt know if anyone else had!

R1chie
14-04-10, 11:05 PM
Not heard of them either :-/

Nico_babe
14-04-10, 11:06 PM
me neither :(

Snowy
14-04-10, 11:17 PM
http://itrademarket.com/sanyamotor/

Google is your friend........

finbar
15-04-10, 12:46 AM
In my new career as a gas engineer I have come across someone who looks like they want to get rid of a Suzuki cruiser style 125. Been standing for a while so will need a battery, new oil and fluids but looked ok. Way better than some dodgy Chinese junk. Give me a limit and I will make them an offer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I will of course try to push them for a good price...being a dodgy Londoner at heart. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
15-04-10, 08:22 AM
The cheaper korean/chinese 125s are usually heavy and spare parts are difficult to get - the last thng you want is to find it's too heavy, drop it, break the brake or clutch lever and not be able to find a replacement!

bobf279
15-04-10, 10:36 AM
The Chinese imports are almost a one use machine with little or no resale value. There are usually some pretty good second hand 125's around but it largely depends on the popularity of the bike test. If people choose not take it they will stay on their 125s longer.

Davey
15-04-10, 11:33 AM
Personally I would steer clear of any make you've not heard of I've seen many of these cheap chinese copies with only a couple of hundred miles on looking like they've travelled the world and stored at the bottom of a pond as the build quality isn't great (OK for sunny dry climates!) You can't easily get parts and residual value depends on how much fuel you have in the tank!

You would be better off paying a bit more and getting a known bike and then when you go to sell it you should be hit less on depretiation.

Honda_Star
15-04-10, 12:10 PM
I had a CBR125 and it was a great little bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I will keep my eye out for you

Hazel-nut
15-04-10, 12:24 PM
thanks guys!didnt even think about putting it in google!lol!
i love the ybr but after looking on ebay i might have to wait a bit longer!hehe!

In my new career as a gas engineer I have come across someone who looks like they want to get rid of a Suzuki cruiser style 125. Been standing for a while so will need a battery, new oil and fluids but looked ok. Way better than some dodgy Chinese junk. Give me a limit and I will make them an offer! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I will of course try to push them for a good price...being a dodgy Londoner at heart. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

how much is a new battery and stuff?will look up what they look like aswel!hehe!

BB
15-04-10, 01:15 PM
I have the impression from others that the Chinese or similar bikes are virtually disposable :o (I may be wrong of course)

BB

igbell
15-04-10, 01:54 PM
Stay clear, get a known name and model I say

Scotty
15-04-10, 06:44 PM
If you're looking to keep a bike in Student-land Hazel, put aside enough money for a BIG lock and chain and find something solid to lock it to (lamp-post etc) - scrotes will steal absolutely any bike that they can wheel away, so make it too much trouble for them to bother with and they'll go and look for an easier one >:( You might only get a relatively cheap old nail to ride around and learn on, but it's your nail and you'd be gutted if some low-life pinched it... :'(

Hazel-nut
15-04-10, 07:23 PM
if i do get one before i finish uni i will see if dabz will let me keep it in his garage :P dont really wanna ride a 125 150 miles up to uni and i dont know the way off the motorway :P

Morticia
15-04-10, 09:09 PM
Well, I had a dodgy 125 and LOVED it. I got it because it was heavy and wanted to get used to a heavy bike as I intented to go for 600 after passing the test. i did drop it, adrenaline helped me lift it with not much of a struggle, sold it a lot cheaper than bought it, and would never ever get another pile of crap like it again...But i totally loved it, if that makes sense. "Skygo pile of crap" was her name, the old kettle!

jonneyflame
15-04-10, 09:43 PM
dont bother getting one, morticias was only a couple of years old but wouldnt have passed its first mot, cheap parts and went rusty at the sight of rain (not really made for this climate) it had only done about 1000 miles before the gearbox went and i had to swap the whole engine out. not worth the time or money.

finbar
15-04-10, 10:09 PM
Hi Hazel,

Had a word with the seller of the 125 they want £350 as it is. Think £100 would get it sorted, with some to spare. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It is a Suzuki Marauder in black.

Finbar

Taylor86
15-04-10, 10:16 PM
If I pass my test on May 18th, I'll be selling my Suzuki Vanvan... :)

finbar
15-04-10, 10:16 PM
Hi Hazel,

Had a word with the seller of the 125 they want £350 as it is. Think £100 would get it sorted, with some to spare. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It is a Suzuki Marauder in black.

Finbar

crewy
15-04-10, 11:07 PM
Cant go wrong (imho) with a Aprilia RS125, great bikes, easy to fix cheap spares, only down side most of them r a bit scrathced as kids who have them dont look after them!

Kevinb
16-04-10, 08:45 AM
Agree with others. Stay clear of anything that sounds like it is off a chinese takeaway menu. They are cheap for a reason. Buy the best you can second hand jap bike. It will last longer and still be worth something when you come to sell it.

jonnydangerous
16-04-10, 09:28 AM
i had a mate who bought a Chinese road registered trail bike 125, he never ran it in, abused it, fell off it, had bits fall off of it....but it never really let him down (£550 brand new) BUT i wouldnt have liked to have been the person who owned it after him....it was trashed, i dont think it would have got to its first MOT.....

have a good look about and buy Japanese, and have a good bike youll remember favourably...... :-)

Hazel-nut
16-04-10, 10:12 AM
thank finbar will bear that in mind and see if i can find one to sit on at the bike shop in staffordshire we're visiting this weekend!

the van van is a bit big for me as able training has them but i couldnt reach the floor properly so ended up on a ybr!which i loved :P

cant decide if i like the aprilla or not :-/ have looked at a few online and im not sure

think im gonna have to sit on a few!going to a massive shop this weekend and to gw next weekend so im sure i will find some i like and go from there :P

thanks for the help!not gonna bother with the cheapy one even though it looked nice

bobf279
16-04-10, 04:52 PM
£450 for a running marauder looks to be a good deal

Taylor86
16-04-10, 08:05 PM
Blimey!! The Vanvan's too tall?! How tall are you? :P
I'm 5'5 and it's ok for me...

BB
17-04-10, 11:03 AM
Blimey!! The Vanvan's too tall?! How tall are you? :P
I'm 5'5 and it's ok for me...

5'5? Good grief you are tall! Loads of us girlies would love to be that tall! ;D ;D

BB

Dabz
17-04-10, 12:31 PM
Hazel had a sit on a marauder this morning and isnt sure..still wants a ybr i think. On the plus side i got some lovely new summer glove so our morning visiting bike shops wasnt wasted :p

StreetHippo
17-04-10, 04:00 PM
Hazel had a sit on a marauder this morning and isnt sure..still wants a ybr i think. On the plus side i got some lovely new summer glove so our morning visiting bike shops wasnt wasted :p

;D ;D ;D That's the spirit!! ;D ;D ;D
Stu