PDA

View Full Version : BSB Thruxton

dazlow
13-04-10, 02:00 PM
Ok, just bought my ticket for this weekend and have never been to Thruxton before. Any advice on where to plonk my rear for a decent view? What's the car parking like? Is it a avoid like the plague? Drive or ride the bike there?
Anyway any tips to make it a great Thruxton first time experiance would be grateful. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RedSoul
13-04-10, 04:04 PM
I always ride my bike there but watch out for mobile speed cameras when you get near to thruxton...I braked hard for one set travelled another 400 yards and nearly got caught out by a 2nd set lol.Parking is no problem but is on grass so take something for your stand to rest on.

R1chie
13-04-10, 05:05 PM
When I've been to Thruxton I've found the best place to watch from is at the Campbell/Cobb complex.

http://www.barc.net/images/venues/thruxton_circuit_map.gif

Ryan
13-04-10, 05:32 PM
i live about 5 minutes ride from thruxton lol sooooo many bike around when its on, should be good!

dazlow
13-04-10, 06:08 PM
Great stuff, think I will decide when i see the weather forecast if or not to drive or ride?
Looking forward to this so cheers for the advice and have a great day! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bigyam
13-04-10, 06:11 PM
I agree that cambell/cobb is a good place to watch, its where i always watch from, plenty of action from late braking overtakes, and too late braking with riders running wide [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
13-04-10, 06:30 PM
I will be there on Sun [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
13-04-10, 06:30 PM
I will be there on Sun [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dazlow
13-04-10, 06:37 PM
Are you going twice???????? lol ;D

Nico_babe
13-04-10, 06:38 PM
Nah just over eager :)

bobf279
13-04-10, 06:56 PM
I always play safe and have a seat in the stands just in case the weather doesn't read the script

dazlow
13-04-10, 07:00 PM
Too late now have paid for ticket and on its way in the post. Fingers crossed for another sunny weekend. 8-)

BB
13-04-10, 07:44 PM
Ghost will be there in the stands too with some friends. I'm off on a classic bike ride.

Have fun everyone!

BB

crewy
13-04-10, 11:00 PM
I usually stand about half way between the start/finsh curve lol and and club, see some good action there and then rocket past you, usually gets even better toward the end of the race

crewy
13-04-10, 11:02 PM
Oh and as for parking, in the car its not to bad, have to park in a field but usually quite good, only thing is, can take a while to get back out to the main road again, but once your out you dont have to stop again

bobf279
16-04-10, 08:09 PM
When the weather is good there are a hell of a lot of people looking for a vantage point, and this weekend looks good ;D

StreetHippo
17-04-10, 11:01 AM
My son and I can't wait!!!
Stu 8-)

Davey
17-04-10, 11:03 AM
Don't forget to take your GW's loyalty card if going for free tea and coffee at the VIP area.

Unfortunatly I cannot make it as working in the office but hope you all have fun 8-)

quimby
17-04-10, 11:33 AM
1st time at Thruxton looking forward 2 it ;D

Last Train
17-04-10, 11:35 AM
Gonna have to miss this.... Bastid........ :(

bobf279
17-04-10, 11:44 AM
Don't forget to take your GW's loyalty card if going for free tea and coffee at the VIP area.

Sent off for my card but its not arrived yet :( Where is the VIP area?

Robf
17-04-10, 11:47 AM
What sort of time you lot planning on going tomorrow, cause we could all ride over in a group if a few of us want to do that

Roxy
17-04-10, 09:29 PM
ok arm twisted and late decision but I am going tomorrow.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
18-04-10, 08:08 AM
I'll make my way down there and probably head for the Campbell-Cobb area - I can hear the bikes out on the roads already...
See y'all there later 8-) :) 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
18-04-10, 05:55 PM
Fab day today.

could not have asked for better wx.....thank you big man!

Lovely ride down to the circuit, apart from the very dangerous pot holes on the 303 (I think) that Dave and I both hit...ouch >:(

Great to see Scotty and Dazlow, we pitched up on the Cobb Cambell verge and it was a great spot to watch the action from. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Good ride home again and I have to say I am slightly pink now and a little warm, that sun was beautiful! Daz...glad you found your bike eventually mate...pmsl!! Dave and I were laughing at you from a distance!! ;D ;D

all in all a fab day..

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

quimby
18-04-10, 08:55 PM
Awsome day, great weather although think I maybe should have put the sun lotion on :D

Uber Dave
18-04-10, 09:44 PM
Fab day today.

could not have asked for better wx.....thank you big man!

Lovely ride down to the circuit, apart from the very dangerous pot holes on the 303 (I think) that Dave and I both hit...ouch >:(

Great to see Scotty and Dazlow, we pitched up on the Cobb Cambell verge and it was a great spot to watch the action from. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Good ride home again and I have to say I am slightly pink now and a little warm, that sun was beautiful! Daz...glad you found your bike eventually mate...pmsl!! Dave and I were laughing at you from a distance!! ;D ;D

all in all a fab day..

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Was a damn good day indeed. I am now a funny shade of pink but not anywhere near as bad as I would have been if it were not for Scotty coming to the rescue with some factor 30!
The races were very good, we picked a very good spot for the action in the end.

Those pot holes on the roundabout at Amesbury were shocking, right at the point where we were on the brakes as well and nowhere to dodge them either.

I took about 400 photos and have gone through and filtered out the decent ones which I will post on the WB facebook group (or click below to view them)

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=171114&id=508541948&l=1c9c92aaf7

bobf279
18-04-10, 10:59 PM
Brilliant day out today, we had seats so the sun wasn't a factor skin wise, loads of bikes, we decided to stay for the sidecars and hope that our bikes were all alone in the field.................wrong I think a lot of people decided to do the same [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

We took the long way home across country in the warm evening sunshine.

StreetHippo
19-04-10, 12:01 AM
Must have been a stones throw from Dan and I, Roxy :)
Lush day - i'm a bit pink now though!! :-[

Stu 8-)

Scotty
19-04-10, 08:03 AM
Yup, great day all round, made some progress there and back on the A343 :) top weather, great racing, hung out with a few WBs, felt smug for having taken some sun cream (shoulders not burnt, nice and brown), but forgot a bit - my right side is bloody salmon pink now! grrrr ::)

Kevinb
19-04-10, 09:02 AM
Lovely day. We didn't get there until 11ish (Rich had to watch the F1 first). A bit to hot and glad we had the factor 50+ protection.
Great ride back and a welcome beer

BB
19-04-10, 01:40 PM
Brilliant day out today, we had seats so the sun wasn't a factor skin wise, loads of bikes, we decided to stay for the sidecars and hope that our bikes were all alone in the field.................wrong I think a lot of people decided to do the same [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

We took the long way home across country in the warm evening sunshine.

You and Ghost both! He didn't get home till late ::)

BB