PDA

View Full Version : Tyre advice, kawaski ninja

rich1988
28-04-10, 10:41 AM
Hiya, both my tyres are starting to wear and are in soon need of replacing, just wondering what tyres to get for it, I dont do many tyres so a soft compound is fine, the most important thing is they are sticky and grip the road really well.

I have continental sport attacks on there at the moment which are fine just wondering if I should go for something else

I have battleaxe bt092s on my last bike and I found them pretty good? not sure they would suit the kawasaki though?
Cheers!

R1chie
28-04-10, 01:16 PM
Can't go wrong with Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's IMO.

Had them on my old ZX6r B1 as well as my current bike.

wiltshire builders
28-04-10, 06:20 PM
Help if you told us what bike it is!

Scotty
28-04-10, 08:17 PM
Don't bother with anything too soft and sticky unless you're using it almost exclusively for trackdays - waste of money on a road bike, wear out too quickly and you'll never get close to exploiting the grip they have to offer on the road. :-? Check the magazine reviews or the Ride mag website, that may help. Ring round a few tyre dealers and see what they recommend

rich1988
28-04-10, 08:48 PM
Help if you told us what bike it is!

shhhhh! i'm new at this, 2000 reg zx7r ninja, also scott I have sent you a Pm

wiltshire builders
28-04-10, 09:33 PM
I use part worn race tyres. Super soft, super sticky, super cheap! Great for track days and fast road riding. If you don't do that kind of riding WHY NOT? The ZX7 is made for it! They're always coming up for sale on here or i know a few racers that are always selling them.

rich1988
28-04-10, 09:44 PM
I do ride fast obviously but within the speed limit (give or take 50mph) which is why I like the sticky compound, but I dont push the bike to anywhere near it can go since im still getting used to the bike (my last bike was a little vfr 400 over a year ago) Ill probably get some dual compound jobbies so they dont wear too quickly but still grip on the edges

silly_simon
29-04-10, 08:52 PM
Check here mate and get them delivered

All makes at reasonable prices
http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=1110&cart_id=65227348.1110.7365&m_s= 1&s_p=index

slowr1der
29-04-10, 09:04 PM
Bridgestone BT016 a very good all round tyre hard centre compound thats softer towards the edges. Never had any moments with these on track or road tbh but they are quite expensive.

If you are on a budget then i would suggest Maxxis Supermaxx Sports @ £160 fitted for the pair ride in ride out they get in the majority good reviews on www.gixerjunkies.com

2CT or PowerOnes from Michelin

There are many out there mate and people will always have different views/experiences with them.

Why not try the SuperCorsa Pro BSB they are £192 a pair at www.intobikes.co.uk i am sure they will be more than good enough for u but you will sacrifice the life of the tyre against grip or the Corsa 3 which is a good alround tyre at £176 for a pair

rich1988
29-04-10, 10:06 PM
cheers :) Ill look into them, tyre life or cost isnt really an issue, I budgeted around £200 ish for a new set so as far as the cost goes it doesnt appear to be much of an issue