PDA

View Full Version : Free BIKE SERVICE

finbar
01-05-10, 01:20 PM
Thought that would get you bunch of tight wads attention.

Deal is I need 2 wheels for 2 weeks and am willing to do a full service incl valves on the said bike for its use. So if you have a bike that is not a total shed/dangerous contact me. ps if I crash it I have bought it....Christ I would hate it to be a Ducati....the shame ;) :D!

CBRowner
01-05-10, 01:35 PM
Thought that would get you bunch of tight wads attention.

Deal is I need 2 wheels for 2 weeks and am willing to do a full service incl valves on the said bike for its use. So if you have a bike that is not a total shed/dangerous contact me. ps if I crash it I have bought it....Christ I would hate it to be a Ducati....the shame ;) :D!

You're more than welcome to use Project Honda if that takes your fancy. She's all up and running now with no problems ( as far as I'm aware) plus it's not too expensive to replace should you need to [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

finbar
01-05-10, 01:42 PM
Did you find the oil leak? Did you rebodge (build) the suspension? [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

CBRowner
01-05-10, 01:48 PM
Did you find the oil leak? Did you rebodge (build) the suspension? [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

The oil leak's sorted and the suspension's fine now but will need to be looked at again in about 1000 miles time just to double check that everything's in order

Morticia
01-05-10, 05:19 PM
If you wanna borrow my cbr? You may find it titchy though...

slowr1der
01-05-10, 05:32 PM
Finbar you are more than welcome to borrow mine mate and dont worry about servicing it after just oil the chain for me.

Its a Claude Butler (not expensive to replace either £150 secondhand). If you are a size 9 then i have clip ons you can borrow as well.

I am always willing to help anyone lose weight through physical exercise, good on ya mate. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
01-05-10, 06:02 PM
Finbar you are more than welcome to borrow mine mate and dont worry about servicing it after just oil the chain for me.

Its a Claude Butler (not expensive to replace either £150 secondhand). If you are a size 9 then i have clip ons you can borrow as well.

I am always willing to help anyone lose weight through physical exercise, good on ya mate. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That's very generous of you slowr1der [smiley=thumbsup.gif] , Finbar, what with this offer and Morticia as your personal trainer for the next few weeks you'll have no problems completing your marathon walks!! ;)

Nokesy
01-05-10, 06:14 PM

Don't think he mean't that sort of 2 wheels!! ;D

Stll, would be good fitness training for our small amble at the end of May!! ;D

finbar
01-05-10, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the offers...by the way I was out walking today...only 5 miles but will be building that up. I don't want to do the bloke thing and go at it hammer and tongs and end up lame (save that for my jokes! ;D)

2 CBRs I was hoping for something like a little SV650 great little bikes. I don't have to service the actual bike used if you like I can service another bike in ones collection! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
02-05-10, 07:39 PM
1949 AJS? On second thoughts last time I lent that to a mate it resulted in a total rebuild! (It's not too good on ice!) :D

BB

finbar
02-05-10, 08:48 PM
I don't do well on ice, or tarmac come to think of it...bad luck comes in threes, hope to get the next crash out the way soon...everyone stand back!!!! :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
03-05-10, 11:41 AM
I don't do well on ice, or tarmac come to think of it...bad luck comes in threes, hope to get the next crash out the way soon...everyone stand back!!!! :D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Err, not on my bike please!

BB
03-05-10, 12:01 PM

Err, not on my bike please!

Mine neither! :o

BB

b_m1957
04-05-10, 02:34 PM
I just bought a Thundercat which I wouldn't mind getting serviced if it takes your fancy :) (Sounds like it's only running on 3 at low revs when it's cold :()

finbar
04-05-10, 03:16 PM
Does it go ok when warm? Don't mind servicing someones bike, don't really want the liability of fixing a bike before it even goes! [smiley=happy.gif]

b_m1957
04-05-10, 06:43 PM
LOL ;D

Yeah, like a rocket compared to my cb-1. It goes fine once you're riding it, just sounds funny when you start it (could even just be the downpipe blowing). I've kinda got my fingers crossed that someone who knows what they're doing will be able to pinpoint the problem quite easily... hence the offer!

You're welcome to look it over if you're interested... North Swindon. If you get it running nice there's probably even a beer or two in it! lol