PDA

View Full Version : TV Adverts

AlanMc
12-05-10, 12:08 AM
Is it just me, or do i only see adverts or cars, car insurance, smellies, female products and other things.

But ive not seen anything on the latest bikes or bike insurance.

i dont think its right that they advertise the biggest killer to ppl that like to ride.

Roll_on
12-05-10, 12:15 AM
They tend to advertise whatever makes all those concerned the most money.

bobf279
12-05-10, 12:21 AM
I don't watch adverts most of my programmes are recorded and the sky+ lets me ff them.

Anyone heard that sky are about to offer HD without subscription?

Morticia
12-05-10, 07:35 AM
The boyfriend and me were talking about that a few days ago, cos in spain we have lots of bike adds, but, it seems, none here. Weird!

wiltshire builders
12-05-10, 01:50 PM
You've got too much time on your hands! Ever seen an ad for a dog kennel, speed boat or a tea pot? Sky's coverage of the GP is loaded with bike ads as is Men and Motors and the biking press. They advertise wherever their target audience will be. Thats why you wont see ads for baby toys during a GP or in fast bikes magazine. Target audience 18-35 men. (cue rant) It might seem sexist or ageist but if it was your money being spent on ads what would you do? That's just the way it is.

I've never heard of anyone being killed by female products or smellies but thanks for the heads up! ;D

R2D2
12-05-10, 02:03 PM
I'd guess it's because the manufacturers know they'd lose just about every penny.

Slightly old figures (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/motorbikes/3439343/Motorcycle-sales-increase.html Nov 08), but the biggest-selling model in the month mentioned at the end of the article was a gsxr 1000 at under 200 registrations in a month.

In comparison, ITV are apparently (http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSLDE63H00G20100418) asking a quarter of a million pounds for one 30-second slot in the break of Britain's Got Talent.

I can only imagine that in Spain the bike market is bigger and the cost of tv advertising lower, hence more bike adverts on tv.