PDA

View Full Version : European breakdown cover

wiltshire builders
08-05-10, 05:03 PM
Anyone got any recomendations (or ones to avoid) regarding euro breakdown cover? Last year had 2 mates breakdown and 1 of them wasn't covered. Nearly ruined the whole trip.

BB
08-05-10, 05:40 PM
Who you insured with? My insurance company - Carole Nash - covers me and very grateful I have been to them in the past. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Vard66
08-05-10, 05:45 PM
Avoid Churchill.

Not terribly helpful, or trustworthy last year when my Vit spat out a rod on a Belgian Motorway.

I've only had good experiences with Green Flag, so perhaps worth talking to them, see what they can do.

Geordie Stu
08-05-10, 09:34 PM
I changed my insurance to Carole Nash & they include 90 european cover & the breakdown cover includes getting the bike home to UK [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hope this helps

bobf279
08-05-10, 11:13 PM
There are a few insurance companies who include breakdown cover with their policies

igbell
09-05-10, 09:58 AM
Now both my RAC and my bike insurance cover me so I have the choice

charlie
12-05-10, 10:06 AM
Insurance Choice.

Absolutely brilliant. Think I paid £69 for last year. I've never had to use them luckily, but they repatriated my brother and his DR Big when the bike's small end went in Millau in 08. It was an excellent service, they even refunded all the phone calls we made and hired him a car when he got back to the UK. They were also the only company that would touch a bike that was as old as the DR. AA, Green Flag, RAC etc wouldn't offer him UK breakdown let a lone European!

Not sure if they are still doing it, but if you introduced a 2nd/3rd person, they got it cheaper - £64. You'd have to check they're still offering this though, but it was great for my Bro, myself and my ex.

They also provided my travel insurance for my 3 month tour last year. They were the only company I could find that would cover me on a bike and for that period of time.

Highly recommended!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

pilninggas
12-05-10, 05:59 PM
i use these:

http://www.vehicle-rescue.com/

never had to call them whilst abroad (any probs i sorted at the road side). All i would say is check the small print carefully.

bobf279
12-05-10, 11:27 PM
I have family cover with GEM excellent value and covers people (Wife, Rob and Me) not any specific vehicle. You do have to own what you want recovered though ;D

Ducatista
13-05-10, 01:16 PM
What does that have to do with European breakdown cover???

Territorial limits – within the mainland of England,
Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man
and the Channel Islands.

I don't think you've read the title bob.
This thread is about EUROPEAN breakdown cover.

There are a few insurance companies who include breakdown cover with their policies

But be careful to check the territorial limits on the breakdown cover. They don't all extend to Europe.

Tiger_Jim
13-05-10, 06:49 PM
http://www.breakdowndirect.co.uk/European_Breakdown_Cover.asp

The cheapest I have ever found!

bobf279
13-05-10, 09:40 PM
Oops I thought it did include Europe, glad you spotted that Ducatista may have saved me some embarrassment there