PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful GW's...NOT!!

Beamer
05-05-10, 05:45 PM
Just a word of warning to all prospective George White's bike buyers. When I bought my bike I was told my bike was taxed......which it was not....have been trying to get in touch for 3 days....finally get a call back to be told to go and tax it myself as the tax had obviously disappeared!! god knows where....its not the cost as its cheap enough but i havent been able to ride until i got it, which meant having to leave work early or have to wait until w/end....bloody inconvenience and a pain in the bum......they shouldn't have said it was taxed if they werent sure. And where did it go because I was told it was taxed when purchased and it was not on the bike when delivered as (luckily) i took photo's as soon as it was delivered (all on my facebook photo's ) .....not happy!!!!....still waiting for a call back now which again has not happened....grrrrrr

Funnily enough I took foto's in the show room too and the tax disc is visible....so where did it go between purchase and delivery mmmmm

So always make sure when you take delivery of a bike from there (or anywhere) the tax disc is still intact or you will be riding illegally!!!!

THANX FOR THE FABULOUS SERVICE...NOT....

Beamer is not beaming!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

BB
05-05-10, 06:42 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad experience - some people rave about GW's some people don't.

Personally I don't but I still go there to have a look round because they are cheap.

BB

Roxy
05-05-10, 06:46 PM
That's not good at all...and I thought the 'great GW' was the best???

Considering it was taxed when it was in the showroom when you bought it and not when it was delivered I think thats out of order, plus the fact that no one bothered getting back to you and you had to then go and get it taxed again yourself thats poor service from a major player in the Bike showroom world.

Doesn't matter whether you spend £50 or £15,000 I would expect the same level of service, a customer is still a customer even after a purchase has been made.

Not impressed. [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif] [smiley=thumbdown.gif]

Roxy

Ryan
05-05-10, 06:49 PM
Personaly i wouldent buy a bike from GWs either, ive met loads of unhappy customers over the past year :o

speedlink
05-05-10, 07:58 PM
i have bought 4 bikes over the years from them ,ive had no trouble at all.

rick
05-05-10, 08:10 PM
When I went last year to tradein my Suzuki Vstrom 650 GT :Dbike which only had 2400 miles on the clock, they didnt have anything I could test ride and it was almost impossible to get a member of staff to talk to me. I ended up going to Kingstwowheels in Kidlington - a very small dealership - where the service was second to none. Pity Ive only done 200 miles since August so havent even got to the 600 mile service yet. I was not impressed by GWs

Morticia
05-05-10, 08:11 PM
I wouldn't touch GW with a 6 meters barge pole.

Gerry
05-05-10, 08:33 PM
Over the years, I've had a fair bit to do with the motor trade (cars) but it still surprises me at the lengths some companies go to in order to save a couple of quid.

Even down to transfering fuel from one car to another so all the used cars have about enough to run 1/4 mile on.

This may be a genuine error, but in my experience it's usually down to cash.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Cheers
G

Beamer
05-05-10, 08:39 PM
Over the years, I've had a fair bit to do with the motor trade (cars) but it still surprises me at the lengths some companies go to in order to save a couple of quid.

Even down to transfering fuel from one car to another so all the used cars have about enough to run 1/4 mile on.

Cheers
G

The only way its got sorted is because Ive been forced to go and get my own tax so I can ride!!.......not alot else I could do really.....but when I do upgrade they wont be getting my custom....grrrr

>:(

Nokesy
05-05-10, 09:06 PM

Cheers
G

The only way its got sorted is because Ive been forced to go and get my own tax so I can ride!!.......not alot else I could do really.....but when I do upgrade they wont be getting my custom....grrrr

>:(

You seem pretty pissed off - I would be too! Glad you have sorted it even though you should have never had to. Never been to GW's - might give it a wide berth! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
05-05-10, 09:31 PM
How come you didn't go to Phoenix? They're just round the corner, and a Yamaha main dealer. Apart from having a very dry sense of humour, they've always proven to be good. :-?

Beamer
05-05-10, 09:41 PM
How come you didn't go to Phoenix? They're just round the corner, and a Yamaha main dealer. Apart from having a very dry sense of humour, they've always proven to be good. :-?

Blinking good question........but they didnt have one in at the time....we'd been online and saw it so thought we'd pop to swindon for a look and ended up buying it.......will stick to local in future!!.
Live 'n' learn so they say.
p.s saw you out in 'the' learner car today....hope it's all going well.

;D

Mark_Able
05-05-10, 09:48 PM

Blinking good question........but they didnt have one in at the time....we'd been online and saw it so thought we'd pop to swindon for a look and ended up buying it.......will stick to local in future!!.

;D

Thanks Tina, yes I've got about a third of the number of pupils I'm aiming for, so getting there. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
05-05-10, 09:55 PM

;D

Thanks Tina, yes I've got about a third of the number of pupils I'm aiming for, so getting there. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Will be sending anyone I know who wants to learn your way same as bike training ....... should pick up eventually....have you advertised around the college and local schools??
;D

Scotty
05-05-10, 10:51 PM
GW's - Never manage to convince me that spending my hard-earned there would be a wise choice and that they deserve it.

In my experience, they never fail to disappoint.... >:(

Vote with your feet Tina... ::)

RedSoul
06-05-10, 01:22 PM
I too had a bad experience buying a new bike from GW several years ago so this time I phoned "hunts" of manchester who offered me a fantastic price on my banditt 1200 in trade for a new transalp.There was no haggling,phone call took 2 mins and they even delivered my new bike to my door 3 days later with a full tank of fuel.
Moral of this story is shop around and dont believe the GW hype.

Davey
06-05-10, 02:44 PM
I can't comment on the bike and the tax as I had nothing to do with the sale - not me trying to worm my way out or defend I honestly don't know. What I do know is we don't claim back for any tax and if it is normally there it stays there. But saying that all used bikes are sold without tax and there are posters around the showroom highlighting this - so if its taxed its a bonus.

I have sold a lot of bikes to members on the forum both new and used and hopefully there has been no issues or none that haven't been resolved as I have always said anyone that buys from me are more than welcome to pm me or they have my direct line or mobile number. I will go out my way to help where I can even out of hours - I do take pride in my job and my customers and want them to enjoy the new bike experiance.

I do feel for you that its taken 3 days to get a call back and please do let me know who your sales person was so I can speak to them 1st thing in the morning when I am back in work.

StreetHippo
06-05-10, 03:01 PM
Well said Stu.
Stu

Mark_Able
06-05-10, 03:14 PM
Nice to have someone on the inside who can sort it for you. Well done Stu... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
06-05-10, 03:15 PM

;D

Will be sending anyone I know who wants to learn your way same as bike training ....... should pick up eventually....have you advertised around the college and local schools??
;D

Thanks Tina, the schools/colleges are the next plan. It can take a year to get established with a driving school. I'm just trying to fast track it... ;)

jonnydangerous
06-05-10, 04:28 PM
same kinda story, bit disheartened with GW's outlet shop...
1. i bought a lid that they charged me too much for, got home before i realised the mistake. had to go back for a refund. (another 60 miles)
2. bought at the same time a set of oxford bone dry combination waterproofs, the trouser zip fell off and they wernt waterproof....back i went again (had spent £400 in the first visit).(another 60 miles)
3. wore the waterproofs in the winter and the jacket poppers went rusty, back i went again, they wouldnt change the jacket, they wanted to send them away for new poppers to be put on.....would have ment that id have handed them over, waited weeks then went back AGAIN....(another 60 miles to show them, and another 60 miles IF i wanted them repaired)
4. went to the stock clearance and found a rear sprocket with a sign saying "ALL SPROCKETS £1".... went to pay and they charged me £8.10 before i pointed out that theres a sign saying £1........

very disheartened, and am now £30 out of pocket on petrol.....
went to them cos they appeared cheap, but not if you add the £30 petrol, 3 seperate visits at the weekends and the total bu66erance factor.......

just my experience tho, im sure some people wouldnt have minded going 4 times to hand over £400........

Beamer
06-05-10, 04:36 PM
I can't comment on the bike and the tax as I had nothing to do with the sale - not me trying to worm my way out or defend I honestly don't know. What I do know is we don't claim back for any tax and if it is normally there it stays there. But saying that all used bikes are sold without tax and there are posters around the showroom highlighting this - so if its taxed its a bonus.

I have sold a lot of bikes to members on the forum both new and used and hopefully there has been no issues or none that haven't been resolved as I have always said anyone that buys from me are more than welcome to pm me or they have my direct line or mobile number. I will go out my way to help where I can even out of hours - I do take pride in my job and my customers and want them to enjoy the new bike experiance.

I do feel for you that its taken 3 days to get a call back and please do let me know who your sales person was so I can speak to them 1st thing in the morning when I am back in work.

Thank you for the reply Stu.......pm on its way to you....but I was kinda hoping the salesperson was going to ring back today and all would be sorted but alas,he did not, so I shall pm with the details.....I dont expect other people to sort out my issues as I am a grown-up (apparently lol).
And just 'cos you work there shouldnt mean you should feel obliged to sort it out....so I thank you for your interest.

:-?

pilninggas
06-05-10, 04:55 PM
i bought a bike from GW (new) last year, when i arranged the sale, they told me to send the proof of insurance in and it would be taxed. I did this with 10 days before collection, i even phoned with 8 days to go and they confirmed they had it. Went on the day to pick it up and the bike was not taxed! I was then fobbed off with some story about it being ready if i waited for a couple of hours. I had to take the bike untaxed as my old-man had taken time out to take me up there.

GWs do some superb deals, they offer a good selection - but they have a lot to do ensure these kind of things do not happen. Would i buy there again? yes but i would get in writing something to say the bike will be road legal on collection (i actually pointed a friend towards Stu during the 'open weekend' and my mate did the deal last week) - i hope he is not disappointed like me (i'm sure i'll get an ear-bashing from him if he is!).

Davey
06-05-10, 06:10 PM
i bought a bike from GW (new) last year, when i arranged the sale, they told me to send the proof of insurance in and it would be taxed. I did this with 10 days before collection, i even phoned with 8 days to go and they confirmed they had it. Went on the day to pick it up and the bike was not taxed! I was then fobbed off with some story about it being ready if i waited for a couple of hours. I had to take the bike untaxed as my old-man had taken time out to take me up there.

GWs do some superb deals, they offer a good selection - but they have a lot to do ensure these kind of things do not happen. Would i buy there again? yes but i would get in writing something to say the bike will be road legal on collection (i actually pointed a friend towards Stu during the 'open weekend' and my mate did the deal last week) - i hope he is not disappointed like me (i'm sure i'll get an ear-bashing from him if he is!).

I admit there were a few fcuk ups last year regarding taxing - all being well as long as the insurance and COR have arrived before the agreed delivery date/ time it should now be done. There has been extra staff taken on/ trained to do the taxing and touch wood - fingers crossed it is currently running well.

Who was it that bought the bike - Pete? Betters make sure it goes all smoothly then :)

Beamer
06-05-10, 08:52 PM
WHOOP WHOOP.........Just to let you all know.....I had a voicemail from the GW chap and the tax disc has been found at George Whites so I now have two lol ;D ;D

ANYWAY...... Im beaming again now as I went out for my first proper ride-out on the roads tonight.......ok so I was flanked by a rather large Green Ninja but I did it and loved every second.

;D ;D ;D

Uber Dave
06-05-10, 08:59 PM
Its a shame people have had issues but I will chime in and say that when I bought my R6 I had no problems at all. In fact the only problem I had during the entire purchase was the insurance company and that was not GWs fault.
On the whole I was very happy, I got what I wanted in part exchange for my old bike and got a very good options pack with extra bits and bobs for my bike which was all stuff I wanted and would have had to buy at a later date anyway.

Stu dealt with my sale and was excellent at keeping me up to date with information during the week it took from me placing a deposit to picking up the bike.

pilninggas
06-05-10, 09:03 PM

I admit there were a few fcuk ups last year regarding taxing - all being well as long as the insurance and COR have arrived before the agreed delivery date/ time it should now be done. There has been extra staff taken on/ trained to do the taxing and touch wood - fingers crossed it is currently running well.

Who was it that bought the bike - Pete? Betters make sure it goes all smoothly then :)
yes it was - please make it go smoothly as i did say you seemed like a decent chap on this forum (lol)

R1chie
06-05-10, 09:05 PM
Bought a bike from GW's back in 2003 and that was fine. I've heard good and bad stories about GW's since then, but equally I can say that about most other dealers. I suppose with the amount of bikes they churn out gives more chance of mistakes to happen.

@Beamer...I'm glad you've got it sorted in the end and enjoyed your rideout.

I think the key to any smooth bike purchase at GW's is 'our man on the inside' Stu.

spanner347
06-05-10, 09:40 PM
Can I just add my penny's worth.

I went some time ago to the outlet store and was dealt with by a young lady/girl who helped my daughter buy a jacket for the bike. In the end it worked out the jacket was for sale a few months earlier for £80, and we only paid £20. Great deal and will be going there again in a few eeks for new boots an a jacket for myself.

mick188
06-05-10, 10:18 PM
Beamer,

Not sure if you knew but you can always check to see if a vehicle is taxed or not by following this link:

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/%3FSKIN=directgov

It would then only cost £7 for a replacement. Understand this is resolved now but if anyone else has this problem then they could use the link.

Beamer
06-05-10, 10:28 PM
no i didnt know that and thanx for the info........wouldnt have needed to stop riding whilst waiting to hear back if i had known...but will write that addy down cos its worth having....thank you ...im now doubly taxed lol

;D

Davey
06-05-10, 10:38 PM
no i didnt know that and thanx for the info........wouldnt have needed to stop riding whilst waiting to hear back if i had known...but will write that addy down cos its worth having....thank you ...im now doubly taxed lol

;D

As I said in the PM I'm surprised the post office didn't flag it up as being taxed as also shows on their screens. I use that site at work it does come in handy - couldn't post it as on my favorites at work and don't know the address :D

Beamer
06-05-10, 10:45 PM
oh well better to have 2 than none at all i guess lol

;D ;D ;D

Jacde
06-05-10, 10:47 PM
Beamer, think you should be able to refund the new tax disc??

R1chie
06-05-10, 11:05 PM

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it reading this>>

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/owningavehicle/howtotaxyourvehicle/dg_4022040

Jacde
06-05-10, 11:13 PM
Oh :( b u g g e r!

Davey
07-05-10, 07:17 AM

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it reading this>>

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/motoring/owningavehicle/howtotaxyourvehicle/dg_4022040

Thats in the case of getting a duplicate disc rather than purchasing a 2nd one. So you should be able to get a refund but you'll need to have the logbook in your name as only the registered owners can claim for it

Ducatista
07-05-10, 09:09 AM
We had a good experience buying a bike last year.
The salesman (Pat) was really helpful.
When we went to pick up the bike we were late due to an accident on the M4 but he was really nice about it.
So great experience from sales.

Have not had particularly good experiences calling the parts department.
The first time I rang for a lever and asked whether they had it they said "probably not" and gave the impression they couldnt' be bothered to look.
The second time, they asked me to ring a number that went through to voicemail and couldn't wait to get rid of me quick enough.

The dealer in Bath (Bishops) didn't have the part either, but they went to the effort of checking their stocks and also suggested where I might buy the part, so were genuinely trying to be helpful rather than get me off the phone as quickly as possible.

We would buy another bike for GWs as they have good deals, but they could certainly improve their service in some areas.

Richzx10r
07-05-10, 09:42 AM
Bought my first bike from them 4 years ago.Pre registered.Was told by the salesman(no longer working there)that it will come taxed.I was none the wiser having never bought a new/pre reg vehicle before and trusted him.Went to pick the bike up and with all the relevant documents and found i had to tax the bike,despite the salesman admiting his error.I guess he thought a shrug of the shoulders was sufficient apology.
Was at the recent big bash weekend.Bought a pair of gloves reduced by £40 and some boots reduced by £50.Went to pay and firstly got charged full amount,then they only reduced the gloves then finally we got to the correct total.Salesperson seemed rather pissed i had to correct them twice .So be careful when buying reduced gear,total it up before you go to pay.
Wouldnt stop me buying clothing there again though,its very cheap indeed(just need to take a calculator with me [smiley=thumbsup.gif])
Wouldnt use the parts department there though to many bad experiences trying to use them.And certainly wouldnt buy a bike there.Those are just my thoughts and experiences.

Davey
07-05-10, 10:21 AM
All points and issues that have been raised have been noted and will look into rectifying!

Rich - I'm just trying to work out why you wouldn't buy a bike from us when yest there was an issue a few years ago and the saleperson who sold it has left - also more measures have been taken to ensure the bikes are taxed (it is also down to the salesperson to ensure it is done on the paperwork as the admin/ taxing team aren't mind readers and if not told they won't know to action it!)

charlie
07-05-10, 02:21 PM
I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Sales Department >:(

Lack of communication
Lack of product knowledge
Broken promises
Chauvinistic and sexist attitude - I'm no feminist, the first to enjoy a sexist joke and certainly don't usually get pi55ed off by stuff like that, but was made to feel incompetant and as if my money wasn't good enough
Problems getting hold of the sales person I delt with
Having said that, did eventually deliver – with lots of chasing on my account, and did give me ok money on my PX

Parts and Service Department :)

Helpful – tried harder than normal maybe, knowing I’d had problems with sales department and actually said they were trying to put things right by me.

Accessories Department :)

No problems, good discounts on some lines.

'Buyer Beware' is a bit strong, but just go into any bike purchase with your eyes open and aware that the sun does not shine shine out of GW's proverbial!

jonnydangerous
07-05-10, 03:13 PM
How about the admin/taxing team have a policy where they tax ALL the bikes UNLESS the sales person tells them NOT to???......

this would ensure a good customer service, and ensure any fault of GW's sales persons are kept in house and not passed to the customer.....

if there IS a mistake the customer is HAPPY, cos his/her bike gets taxed and the Sales person is the one who loses out...

not as bad an idea as it sounds.....

this method ENSURES happy customers, and also ensures no mistakes are made by GW's sales persons.

(by the way, im a Quality Assurance Manager, and get paid to think of good ideas that result in customer satisfaction, but you can have this one for FREE, or if GW's like it they can give me back the £30 i spent in fuel going back again and again and again......).... ;-)

Geordie Stu
07-05-10, 03:55 PM
When I bought my Z750 I looked at GW. I tried contacting "The Sales Guy" 3 times without success. No return call from them either. So eventually went too Kawasaki Bristol.

Also I bought my New Lid & they said i would have a New Dark visor FOC that was 2 weeks ago still no Visor from Arai.

Davey
07-05-10, 04:11 PM
How about the admin/taxing team have a policy where they tax ALL the bikes UNLESS the sales person tells them NOT to???......

this would ensure a good customer service, and ensure any fault of GW's sales persons are kept in house and not passed to the customer.....

if there IS a mistake the customer is HAPPY, cos his/her bike gets taxed and the Sales person is the one who loses out...

not as bad an idea as it sounds.....

this method ENSURES happy customers, and also ensures no mistakes are made by GW's sales persons.

(by the way, im a Quality Assurance Manager, and get paid to think of good ideas that result in customer satisfaction, but you can have this one for FREE, or if GW's like it they can give me back the £30 i spent in fuel going back again and again and again......).... ;-)

We cannot tax all Used bikes as we have no facility to do so and it won't change. Pre-reg bikes are easily done as can be done by us. Plus its hard enough just trying to get the insurance and COR in for New bikes let alone adding used bikes to it. As lonfg as people are aware there really isn't much of an issue - plus there is a post office within walking distance so they can tax thier bikes [smiley=thumbsup.gif] and yes I have taxed customers bikes for them on my day off and no I am not going to do it for all as thats my day off and if you either want to pay more for more staff or no doubt you'd complain if there was no staff as they'd gone taxing/ chasing up insurances etc etc

Davey
07-05-10, 04:16 PM
I’ve bought a new bike from GW’s, used their service department and also bought a helmet and other accessories from them. Mixed feedback.

Lack of communication
Broken promises
Chauvinistic and sexist attitude - I'm no feminist, the first to enjoy a sexist joke and certainly don't usually get pi55ed off by stuff like that, but was made to feel incompetant and as if my money wasn't good enough
Having said that, did eventually deliver – with lots of chasing on my account, and did give me ok money on my PX

Helpful – tried harder than normal maybe, knowing I’d had problems with sales department and actually said they were trying to put things right by me.

'Buyer Beware' is a bit strong, but just go into any bike purchase with your eyes open and aware that the sun does not shine shine out of GW's proverbial!

Charlie - who did you deal with regarding the purchase of your bike and when was this? I know that I don't have a Chauvinistic or sexist attitude and purposly ensure I don't and people from here will vouch for that.

Ducatista
07-05-10, 04:23 PM
plus there is a post office within walking distance so they can tax thier bikes

Not if you get there outside post office hours you can't !!
Don't know what time your post office shuts but we picked up our bike after 5.
I am very grateful that Pat was accomodating, especially when we got held up outside of our control, but not everyone lives nearby or can there there is post office hours.

I felt they were a little OTT in asking for a original insurance certificate, so possibly makingt things harder for themselves here.
Not all dealers insist on an original, so there is clearly a different interpretation of the rules between dealers.
I think the original arrived in the post for us, but we had a very good printout from our PC in case the post was delayed [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but could do without people making things harder than they already are with burearacy gone mad.

charlie
07-05-10, 04:42 PM

Lack of communication
Broken promises

Charlie - who did you deal with regarding the purchase of your bike and when was this? I know that I don't have a Chauvinistic or sexist attitude and purposly ensure I don't and people from here will vouch for that.

I avoided mentioning names Stu, but it was you. Sorry mate, it wasn't my intention to cause any trouble for you personally, but it was my experience. It's in the past, I LOVE my bike and as I said I wouldn't put people off from going to GW's or NOT reccomend GW's, but just that people need to be aware.

I know that you're all busy there at GW's (at the time, I was told by your General Manager that you were the most sucessful/busy sales person there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]) so maybe customer service sometimes falls through the net a bit. Sh1t happens, I'm over it, just felt should let folks know my experience.

As far as the chauvinistic thing, it happens in a lot of places, it's a male oriented sport, I get that. I just wasn't expecting it under the circumstances - buyer not browser, time off work to see the bike, money ready to go... etc.

This all happened back in 08, so things may have changed since then.

Really, no hard feelings. :)

Davey
07-05-10, 07:20 PM

Lack of communication
Broken promises

I avoided mentioning names Stu, but it was you. Sorry mate, it wasn't my intention to cause any trouble for you personally, but it was my experience. It's in the past, I LOVE my bike and as I said I wouldn't put people off from going to GW's or NOT reccomend GW's, but just that people need to be aware.

I know that you're all busy there at GW's (at the time, I was told by your General Manager that you were the most sucessful/busy sales person there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]) so maybe customer service sometimes falls through the net a bit. Sh1t happens, I'm over it, just felt should let folks know my experience.

As far as the chauvinistic thing, it happens in a lot of places, it's a male oriented sport, I get that. I just wasn't expecting it under the circumstances - buyer not browser, time off work to see the bike, money ready to go... etc.

I can assure you it wasn't me as I didn't work there in 2008! So you must mean the other Stu.

I pride myself on treating everyone the same whether male, female, learner or experianced we all have 1 thing in common.

So next time come and see me and see [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
07-05-10, 07:27 PM

I am very grateful that Pat was accomodating, especially when we got held up outside of our control, but not everyone lives nearby or can there there is post office hours.

I felt they were a little OTT in asking for a original insurance certificate, so possibly makingt things harder for themselves here.
Not all dealers insist on an original, so there is clearly a different interpretation of the rules between dealers.
I think the original arrived in the post for us, but we had a very good printout from our PC in case the post was delayed [smiley=thumbsup.gif] but could do without people making things harder than they already are with burearacy gone mad.

That isn't us requesting that but the DVLA with the AFRL rules they must have the original. Breaking these rules can loose the licence and I don't want to be going to Bristol or Oxford to tax bikes. Dealers will wing it and take copies but thats thier risk. On a plus side for new bikes the AFRL team can now take emailed PDF's direct from the insurance company. We have been arguing this for years and finally looks like they are acting on it.

Regarding not being able to make it before the post office as I said earlier I have got tax on my day off if customer has dropped off insurance but can't always do that also it is my day off and I need time to go diving. I also don't do handovers late if I can help it just incase there are problems etc or I have got the docs signed/ payment and given the V5 earlier.

ONF1RE
07-05-10, 07:42 PM

Lack of communication
Broken promises

I can assure you it wasn't me as I didn't work there in 2008! So you must mean the other Stu.

I pride myself on treating everyone the same whether male, female, learner or experianced we all have 1 thing in common.

So next time come and see me and see [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Spotted the obvious +1 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Stu, perhaps you could publish the GW phone call follow up's for satisfied customers.

Guess there will always be a minority of dissatisfaction.. Its only human.

But its always good to here peoples views keeping Bike retailers on their toes so to speak.

hmm who was the Dealer of 2009 obviously making on going customer improvements since 2008 Well Done GW's [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

8-)

R1chie
07-05-10, 08:09 PM
I know this thread is nowhere close to it, but let's not make this into a witch hunt.

I'm sure any constructive criticism towards GW's Stu would appreciate and he's the type of bloke who would make sure it would be noticed and passed onto the people who should take notice.

Let's steer clear from tarring every salesperson at GW's with the same brush. It's clear Stu does an outstanding job above and beyond what is usually accepted by the firm.

As said before, if you want to deal with GW's then use Stu. Not just because he's one of us but because he's a geniunely good bloke.

Mark_Able
07-05-10, 09:08 PM
I think all dealers have some disgruntled customers. It doesn't always go right. I know some people refuse to deal with Phoenix Motorcycles, and there's probably one or two who don't like our training. I guess it's a case of looking at the majority of happy customers and accept that it does go right most of the time... ::)[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
07-05-10, 09:12 PM
Cheers for the kind words.

Just to try and improve customer satisfaction we have implimented further stages in the delivery process so you should be spoken by at least 2 members of staff after the sale (normally sales person & business manager) Once the bike has been collected you should also be given a call by a member of staff to ensure all is OK - this normally isn't the sales person but someone who will ensure any questions/ issues are resolved. All messages from these calls are forwarded to the sales person but also copying in the Business Manager, Group General Manager and MD. Unfortunatly due to time restrainghts we cannot continuosly call but will leave messages, but also please be aware that if we are with a customer we cannot answer the phone but all do have voicemail, email etc also please leave a number as we don't always have files to hand so don't always 'have it'

Hopefully we can all be merry and happy buyers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
07-05-10, 11:00 PM
Sounds like GW's are making the effort to please which can only be good for us customers

ONF1RE
09-05-10, 11:15 PM
Cheers for the kind words.

Just to try and improve customer satisfaction we have implimented further stages in the delivery process so you should be spoken by at least 2 members of staff after the sale (normally sales person & business manager) Once the bike has been collected you should also be given a call by a member of staff to ensure all is OK - this normally isn't the sales person but someone who will ensure any questions/ issues are resolved. All messages from these calls are forwarded to the sales person but also copying in the Business Manager, Group General Manager and MD. Unfortunatly due to time restrainghts we cannot continuosly call but will leave messages, but also please be aware that if we are with a customer we cannot answer the phone but all do have voicemail, email etc also please leave a number as we don't always have files to hand so don't always 'have it'

Hopefully we can all be merry and happy buyers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Never had any problems with GW's or have I just got lucky since 2001 9 Brand new bikes latter In my own admittance have canceled a few orders last minute.. not an issue to GWs well maybe a few WTF's But that's all in a days work with there turnover [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Great Customer Service & follow up! worst that has happened 500mile service on gixer 750 one fairing fastener not quite clipped in. Not life threatening! Took it back problem resolved without any issues.

If you want no hassle Customer Service & best prices your money can buy GW's all the way! ;D ;D

Or am I Bias 8-)

Kevinb
10-05-10, 09:01 AM
I took my friend over Saturday to pick up his bike after being repaired. He was very happy with the service. We went upstairs with my grandson for something to eat which was very well prepared and the two woman very pleasant. Toilets spotless. Stu please pass on comments to the staff.
My only issue is with the second hand bikes being packed in to close together which makes it difficult to see them or try them for size.

Ducatista
10-05-10, 09:21 AM
My only issue is with the second hand bikes being packed in to close together which makes it difficult to see them or try them for size.

There is a clear trade-off there.
If they give you more room, you'll have less choice iof bikes (and ultimately higher prices).

Personally I'd rather have max choice and ask them to move it if required.

Sounds to me like they are making real efforts.

Davey
10-05-10, 10:26 AM

There is a clear trade-off there.
If they give you more room, you'll have less choice iof bikes (and ultimately higher prices).

Personally I'd rather have max choice and ask them to move it if required.

Sounds to me like they are making real efforts.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head - we want as many used bikes as possible to give customers a choice. Plus we'd rather move them out as then it's on our heads/ insurance if we drop them - last thing we want is a customer to drop a bike moving it out and end up with a bill for damaging it.

Kevin - i'll pass on the messages - cheers

charlie
10-05-10, 04:04 PM
Stu

Thanks for your comments on this thread and your PM. Sorry for bringing it all up, but just felt peeps should know. Next time I'm that way, I'll make a point of coming into GW's and saying hi! Put a face to the username!

Having read some of your other posts, I didn't think your online personality matched the one of the chap I delt with so I take back what I said about you, because, well, it wasn't you. LOL

:)

Davey
10-05-10, 04:31 PM
Stu

Thanks for your comments on this thread and your PM. Sorry for bringing it all up, but just felt peeps should know. Next time I'm that way, I'll make a point of coming into GW's and saying hi! Put a face to the username!

Having read some of your other posts, I didn't think your online personality matched the one of the chap I delt with so I take back what I said about you, because, well, it wasn't you. LOL

:)

Its cool and I appreciate the frustration with being spoken down too and thats why I was surprised as i'm not that way [smiley=thumbsup.gif] C'mon down and say Hi - i don't bite or belittle people just sarcastic and to the point 8-) but make sure to speak to the right Stu (I'm the good looking one :D )

charlie
10-05-10, 04:48 PM
Great - A short talking sarcastic Adonis. ;D Look foward to meeting you.

Taylor86
10-05-10, 10:00 PM

On a plus side for new bikes the AFRL team can now take emailed PDF's direct from the insurance company. We have been arguing this for years and finally looks like they are acting on it.

Very interesting... I'm taking delivery of my new bike on the 19th, but as I'm taking part two of my test on the 18th it'll arrive with no tax.
Already understand that once I show my insurance certificate you guys at GW will sort out the tax, but didn't realise that an emailed PDF version from the insurance company would be ok!! :)

Is it only certain insurance companies? How do I arrange for them to do that?
It would make my life loads easier if I could do it this way...

P.S. Sorry Stu... didn't know of you when I purchased my bike. It was the other Stu that got the sale, although he could do with smiling a bit more!! ;D

Davey
10-05-10, 10:46 PM
I assume its a new bike? - Speak to the insurance company and see if they'll email it - if they say no they can't - simple ;)

BTW you caught me in a good mood and easy answer as I normally can't help another sales person deals as mentioned before due to not knowing the deal, offer or previous conversations with the parties involved [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Honda_Star
11-05-10, 11:16 AM
All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes. Never let me down. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
11-05-10, 05:00 PM
All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes.

I will check with Lurkalot but I'm pretty sure we had to have the ORIGINAL for GWs.

Sorry if I confused things.
When I said about a printout I was being a bit tongue in cheek because we posted a FAKE that we don't think GWs would be able to spot in case the original from the insurer did not arrive on time.
(I'm talking about a non-original document NOT fake insurance).
Luckily the original had arrived in the post, so the fake was not required.

The issue is not with the PO insiting on original but with GWs (or was in Sept 2009 in the Honda section).
I don't know if anythign has chnaged so check for yourself.

I am not complaining BTW - if it's the law/guidelines then it's not GWs fault. Just warning people to check up front.

Davey
11-05-10, 05:38 PM
All my bikes are insured with Adrian Flux and they email the Insurance Certificate which is accepted by the post office for tax purposes.

I will check with Lurkalot but I'm pretty sure we had to have the ORIGINAL for GWs.

Sorry if I confused things.
When I said about a printout I was being a bit tongue in cheek because we posted a FAKE that we don't think GWs would be able to spot in case the original from the insurer did not arrive on time.
(It's was real insurance but not the orignial copy).
Luckily the original had arrived in the post, so the fake was not required.

The issue is not with the PO insiting on original but with GWs (or was in Sept 2009 in the Honda section).
I don't know if anythign has chnaged so check for yourself.

I am not complaining BTW - if it's the law/guidelines then it's not GWs fault. Just warning people to check up front.

In accordance with AFRL (part of the DVLA taxing) they state the following
-Insurance must be valid on the day of registrationor in the case of advanced (March/Sept) from the 1st day of the month the licence comes intoforce
-Only accept an ORIGINAL form of insurance
-'photocopies,facismilies and PDF are NOT ACCEPTABLE'

So its not us - but as I said only recently are we able to accept emailed copies direct from the insurance companies direct to the AFRL team. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It really would make my life easier if we could accept faxes etc but we can't :-[
If you posted a fake copy but told us it was original who are we to know - but can easily spot faxed etc also we have to forward a copy to the DVLA so hopefully they won't notice a fake or could persue it further
So far I have only found Bennetts and Motorcycle direct won't email it!

bigyam
15-05-10, 12:30 PM
I would like to give GW a big thumbs up, always go there first for my riding gear, get some good priced gear and when i purchased a shark helmet from the bike show only to find the chin vent was broken i took it to the outlet as they had them on sale and asked the staff if they could order me a spare part and they looked at it asked me to leave it as they would get the shark rep to take a look.They took my number and within a week called me to say it was all done and i could pick it up, no charge repaired for free, so all i can say is that they were really helpfull considering there was no sale involved so a big thumbs up from me [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Hope fully i may be in he market for a new bike on day ;)