PDA

View Full Version : UK Breakdown Cover

SBQE2
16-05-10, 05:45 AM
I am thinking of taking out breakdown cover for UK and wondered if anybody had any recommendations. At the moment I am thinking of NCI
as it seems really cheap at £25.40 including recovery home.

http://www.rescuemycar.com/Breakdown/Motorcycle/

bobf279
16-05-10, 07:53 PM
sounds good, I take it your bike insurance doesn't include breakdown cover.

Nokesy
16-05-10, 07:55 PM
Deveritt Insurance do breakdown cover for you (and a partner) for £8 a month that covers a breakdown anywhere in the UK or abroad on any bike or in any car. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
16-05-10, 08:04 PM
Yours sounds a lot better than mine, I paid £94 with RAC

bobf279
16-05-10, 08:16 PM
8 x 12 = 96 so the RAC deal doesn't sound so bad

SBQE2
17-05-10, 12:32 AM
Unfortunately when I took the bike Insurance out I just went for the cheapest deal and didn't think about the extra's, will certainly think about this next time.

The idea of combined breakdown cover sounds good but I already get car cover free as part of my bank account deal with Smile so it would be just for the bike which works out kind of expensive; especially as I am a bit of a wimp and a fair weather rider.

Ducatista
17-05-10, 04:18 AM
I use a company called Autoaid.
This covers all vehicles (cars & bikes) driven by you and your legal spouse.
It's platinum cover for £37.
Platinum means - at home, rescue, recovery and onward travel.
Be careful of the really cheap ones as sometimes they only cover rescue and that's all, so you need to check what is covered.

The only downside to AutoAid is that it's a "pay and claim" scheme, which means you need to pay on your credit/debit card and then claim back the money.
If you search on the internet then there are very good reports of payments times however it's not suitable for people without money or credit facilties.
They don't provide a recovery service. It's more of a financial insurance policy and they call out local garages.

Anecdotal reports are very good. I haven't had to use them myself.

SBQE2
17-05-10, 05:46 AM
Thanks for that, Autoaid is not someone I had heard of but the HJ web site has mainly positive comments and it seems like it could be a good deal especially as there are quite a few extras thrown in.

I have also been told that you can get RAC cover for about a third of the normal cost if you use Tesco Vouchers and am going to look into that if my good lady will actually own up to whether we have any Vouchers available :o This would be £28.50 for roadside and recovery home. ;D

SBQE2
17-05-10, 05:59 AM
By the way Ducatista how come you are posting at this time of day I've just realised its still middle of the night in the UK :o