PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Tuono reviews

R6_Don
31-05-10, 02:28 PM
Hi there
Im new to the forum and already looking for some help/info,
I currently ride an 09 R6 and find the riding position a little unnatural to what im used to. I used to ride moto x bikes and my first road bike was a naked SV650 and feel more comfortable riding in a upright position than i do on the R6.

Im thinking of chopping in the R6 for a Tuono R and wanted to get some veiws on the bike from anyone who has had any experience with them. Im also thinking about a speed tripple but have not ridden one yet so have no idea about them.
Any help will be greatly recieved

Thanks Don (p.s sorry for the long first post) ::)

jonnydangerous
31-05-10, 03:14 PM
Sean (Tri675umph) on here has a 675 speed triple, its a cracking bike, bloody quick too!
see him on the next rideout, he will chat to you about it.

Davey
31-05-10, 05:21 PM
I have a 'bit' of experiance with them. 2008 I was testing them with Aprilia 8-) Great bike great handling sorted a few of the small issues they had, great for wheelies and general hooliganism acts - the only bits I didn't like was the cost both to buy and service and the position of the dials

Sean.C
31-05-10, 06:27 PM
Hi Don

jaydee is right , if your looking for a comfortable bike have a look at a street triple . It's a stripped down daytona with wide bars and twin spot lights , still handles like a sports bike and has a cracking engine .

Definitely worth a test ride . Good luck with the bike hunt !

R6_Don
31-05-10, 08:24 PM
Cheers Shaun, Seen one in the showroom at three legged cross and it looked lovely, think it was the street triple R. Will try and get out on one to see how it feels.

BB
31-05-10, 09:42 PM
Ghost has a street triple - loves it to bits! Always makes him smile :D

BB

Nooj
01-06-10, 01:15 AM
The Missus has an '06 Tuono R and loves it to bits, like a supermoto on steroids she says. We also have a mate who highly rates his Street Triple. Given the choice I'd go with the Aprilia, but that's because I already have one and know how good they are. Only way to find out which is best for you is to go and ride them.