PDA

View Full Version : Module 1 is booked for next SAT !!!

Nico_babe
12-04-10, 03:42 PM
Hey everyone.

Thought I would give you all the heads up that i have booked for my Module 1 for next Sat [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Have a 3 hour lesson next Tues and another one on the Wed and then Sat is the test.

Really excited and cant wait till module 2 is over and its smooth sailing ;D

AlanMc
12-04-10, 03:51 PM
You go for it girl, if got just over 6 weeks before i start my training [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
12-04-10, 03:55 PM
good luck both!
20 years since i passed my test.......!!!! changed a bit since then... ;-)

Jacde
12-04-10, 03:56 PM
Fab news Nico
Fingers crossed for you (be me soon hopefully!) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R2D2
12-04-10, 04:14 PM
Fingers crossed, won't be long til you can rip off the L-plates! Are you going for Direct Access or the A2 licence?

Chris

Nico_babe
12-04-10, 04:16 PM
Hi R2D2

Could you see me doing the restricted? LOL i think not. Nah im a all or nothing person so its the DAS. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
12-04-10, 04:36 PM
Woohoo look at all these new bikers on the way, good luck all

Nokesy
12-04-10, 04:39 PM
Good luck both of you! Will give you soooooooo much pleasure!! [smiley=happy.gif]

Roll_on
12-04-10, 05:01 PM
Good luck with module 1, I'm sure you will breeze it.

R1chie
12-04-10, 05:04 PM
Module 1? Sounds like something from Star Wars.

Not sure what exactly it is, but good luck anyway ;D

zachl
12-04-10, 05:50 PM
i did mine last year, best thing i ever did by far....

good luck to you both, i'm sure you'll be passed in no time

Nico_babe
12-04-10, 06:51 PM
Thanks everyone. Watch this space [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

slowr1der
12-04-10, 07:16 PM
Best of luck with it all [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
12-04-10, 07:53 PM
Good luck with it! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Taylor86
12-04-10, 10:06 PM
Did my Mod 1 last year in the same week as my CBT!
Bit unnerving doing it so quickly, but passed first time [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Best of luck to ya!! And remember not to brake in the middle of the "hazard avoidance" manoevre!! :)

Morticia
13-04-10, 01:32 PM
Best of luck babe!

igbell
13-04-10, 02:30 PM
good luck

bobf279
17-04-10, 07:11 PM
Did you take your MOD 1 test? If so how did you get on?

Nico_babe
17-04-10, 08:07 PM
Nah its this next sat im doing it. :) Will let you know how it goes (gulp) :-*

bobf279
17-04-10, 08:35 PM
You'll be fine, where are you doing it?

Nico_babe
17-04-10, 08:49 PM
Newbury :-/

Mark_Able
17-04-10, 09:08 PM
Make sure they teach you counter-steering, and you'll find the avoidance a breeze. Best advice, don't rush any exercises, and before setting off, take a moment to think what the examiner will be looking for. With both the 'speed' exercises, don't be too concerned about your speed through traps the first time. You'll get a second chance if you're not quite there. Before going into test, I make my pupils ride along at 35mph in second gear for a stretch, to get used to the sound of the bike at those revs. That way, you won't be looking at the speedo, you'll be doing it by ear.

Good luck... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
19-04-10, 10:17 AM
Best of luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

charlie
19-04-10, 02:10 PM
Good luck, looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Nico_babe
19-04-10, 03:58 PM
Make sure they teach you counter-steering, and you'll find the avoidance a breeze. Best advice, don't rush any exercises, and before setting off, take a moment to think what the examiner will be looking for. With both the 'speed' exercises, don't be too concerned about your speed through traps the first time. You'll get a second chance if you're not quite there. Before going into test, I make my pupils ride along at 35mph in second gear for a stretch, to get used to the sound of the bike at those revs. That way, you won't be looking at the speedo, you'll be doing it by ear.

Thanks very much for the advice. I am really just looking forward to getting on with it and seeing the end goal in sight. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Will Let you all know how i get on. :-*

Good luck... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Lorraine
19-04-10, 08:18 PM
Good Luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
20-04-10, 01:22 PM
Well the first 3 hour practise was a disaster today. I really struggled with the Slalom, figure of 8 and the slow riding. :'(

Im really worried now. Got tomorrow lesson again and then test on Sat so stressing a bit. Any advice will be good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
20-04-10, 01:44 PM
Well the first 3 hour practise was a disaster today. I really struggled with the Slalom, figure of 8 and the slow riding. :'(

Im really worried now. Got tomorrow lesson again and then test on Sat so stressing a bit. Any advice will be good [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Biggest advice I can give is to relax! Once you relax to will steer better and don't forget to look where you want to go NOT at what you want to miss!

But once you relax and enjoy it the rest will fall into place.

igbell
20-04-10, 02:02 PM
Well posted Stu, I follow what Stu says, look at where you want to go not the front wheel, I used to do that and struggled, then when I learnt to look into the distance I was fine.
Relaxing is always good as then you arent thinking about what you should of done or could of done.

Roll_on
20-04-10, 04:12 PM

Stay calm Nicky you know you can do it just forget its a test imagine your out on your own just having a play and practice, so don't rush and be smooth. Remember you need this so you can ride my Ducati.

BB
20-04-10, 07:10 PM

Stay calm Nicky you know you can do it just forget its a test imagine your out on your own just having a play and practice, so don't rush and be smooth. Remember you need this so you can ride my Ducati.

Just remember this and relax! 8-)

BB

Mark_Able
20-04-10, 09:20 PM
When you get tense, without realising, your arms stiffen up. Make a conscious effort to relax your arms so you can steer properly. Have you considered using one of the school's bikes? We use Yamaha YBR125's, and they're a lot easier to weave between the cones. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
20-04-10, 09:26 PM
Like all the rest said, relax make sure you sit comfy and look where you want to go. It will be alright on the day. My problem was the U turn but when it came to it on the test it went sweet as a nut.

Nico_babe
20-04-10, 09:35 PM
When you get tense, without realising, your arms stiffen up. Make a conscious effort to relax your arms so you can steer properly. Have you considered using one of the school's bikes? We use Yamaha YBR125's, and they're a lot easier to weave between the cones. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Im doing my DAS so am on an ER500

The riding part is fine but am struggling with the slow riding control stuff. Im not used to being able to turn the handlebars into a turn as i have been riding the YZFr125 sports bike.

I know i was very tense and at one stage even shed a tear (silly girl) so i think if i relax a bit and stop worrying it may be smoother.
:(

Mark_Able
20-04-10, 09:39 PM
I've sent you a PM... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
25-04-10, 11:15 AM
Ok so i have been totally screwed by the training company i have been going through. Paid alot of money for the instructor chatting on the phone most of the time and test was suppposed to be yesterday and then was told he forgot to book it but managed to get us in today then got a call this morning to say that the tests had been cancelled going forward at the Newbury test centre as the test grounds are "not fit". Could only happen on the day that hubbie and I are supposed to do the test LOL LOL LOL i goota laugh. It keeps me sane.

Able training, I will be sending you a message shortly. Really should have gone through you from the word go but thought staying local was a better plan. Hard lesson learnt.

Anyway everyone, thats the update i have for my test results. No result. LOL

Ah well everything happens for a reason hey [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
25-04-10, 12:12 PM
Never mind Nicky sounds like your instructor was rubbish you would certainly be better off with Able Training I know they are a bit far this way really but they do have a great reputation.
Maybe I'm going to have a pillion on a few more rideouts.

Uber Dave
25-04-10, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Nicky, although good things come to those who wait so I am sure it will be fine in the end!

AlanMc
25-04-10, 12:28 PM
just remember that it was not ur fault, but there is alot of ppl who will be there to help u, even tho ive not started my training yet, im getting a lot of encourgement from the ppl ive met on here, so put it behind u, u know u can do it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
25-04-10, 12:47 PM
Name and shame them Nicky [smiley=evil.gif]

They've cost you time and money (and stress!!)

R1chie
25-04-10, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a bit of a cluster.

My guess he had plans yesterday...maybe watching the footie.

Either way...it's good you can laugh it off. Hope you get it sorted and pass soon

bobf279
25-04-10, 01:29 PM
Bummer, hope you get it sorted soon

Dabz
25-04-10, 02:20 PM
Sorry to hear that, I have confidence that Able Training with sort you out though!

Mark_Able
25-04-10, 04:41 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Like you say, not professional if they're on the phone all the time. I'm surprised they managed to get tests at all at the weekend. Bristol won't do weekend tests. I'll PM you my number... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
25-04-10, 05:02 PM
Sorry to hear that >:( Hope you get sorted soon.

BB

Davey
25-04-10, 08:04 PM
Sorry to hear you got messed about - can you please name them so i am aware as I don't want to put anyone there as I only recommend schools on student recommendations and/ or I know and trust. If you don't want to post it please PM me it

Give abletraining a call as I've heard good things about them 8-) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
25-04-10, 08:32 PM
Hey Stu,

Company is Bike2Bike in Newbury. I believe its not just me that they messed around. I spoke with a mate of mine today who said he did his training through them and they also messsed him around with being inconsistant with dates and details.
I was really just looking for somewhere local to do the training but to be honest even though their office was based in Newbury, we (hubbie and I and instructor) had to travel all the way to somewhere in Basingstoke from Newbury to get somewhere to train.

So now im not to worried on how far i need to travel for the training. So I will be giving Able training a call. Hard expensive lesson learnt but at least we can move forward feeling more secure.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Geordie Stu
25-04-10, 08:56 PM
Sorry to gear your News. You will get sorted probably for the best Mark will get you sorted. Keep going [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
25-04-10, 09:16 PM
Thanks for all the recommendations folks. We've now got Nicky and hubby sorted and booked in, with a healthy WiltshireBikers discount... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
25-04-10, 09:34 PM
Im now a happy bunny :) Thanks everyone

bobf279
25-04-10, 09:36 PM
Glad your sorted now and Mark doesn't let people down, not even sure he has a mobile ;D so he can't spend all day on the phone

Roll_on
25-04-10, 10:25 PM
Sounds like its sorted for you now Nicky so with luck you soon have your part one.

AlanMc
26-04-10, 01:06 AM
Glad to hear uve got good news, from wot ive been told able training are really good and helpful [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
26-04-10, 10:48 AM
Hey Stu,

Company is Bike2Bike in Newbury. I believe its not just me that they messed around. I spoke with a mate of mine today who said he did his training through them and they also messsed him around with being inconsistant with dates and details.
I was really just looking for somewhere local to do the training but to be honest even though their office was based in Newbury, we (hubbie and I and instructor) had to travel all the way to somewhere in Basingstoke from Newbury to get somewhere to train.

So now im not to worried on how far i need to travel for the training. So I will be giving Able training a call. Hard expensive lesson learnt but at least we can move forward feeling more secure.

Thanks for letting me know - luckily I've never recommended them to anyone! But then again i only use 2 and thats Able Training and Riding in Action depending on peoples location - these are both training schools i know trust and like thier training technique (being a former instructor I look at it different than a student [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ) As Able training will vouch I will check them out before - I do speak to students and check realistic pass rates none of this fabricated made up ****e so many say!

Honda_Star
26-04-10, 12:00 PM
I can highly recommend Riding in Action in Wroughton - I did my training with them. Big thumbs up to those guys [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
26-04-10, 09:21 PM
Riding in Action are good guys. I know Martin very well. We're ex-CSM instructors, as are a lot of bike instructors. One thing about CSM, they had very good training techniques... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
07-05-10, 11:14 AM
Update time.

Module 1 is booked for This Monday. Soooo excited and am feeling confident and ready to take it on.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
07-05-10, 11:48 AM
Goodluck for Monday Nicky shows how good training can help and its great you now feel confident.

BB
07-05-10, 07:31 PM
Good luck! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

bobf279
07-05-10, 11:08 PM
Good luck

Lorraine
08-05-10, 12:30 AM
good luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
08-05-10, 01:33 AM
Fingers crossed for you Nicky :)

Nico_babe
10-05-10, 07:10 PM
Right here is the update. I failed mod 1 today :(

BUT

I didnt fail on something bad. I didnt get any faults at all, and did both the speed tests at the right speed first time, but

the examiner said that I did not stop fast enough on the emergency stop.

Granted, I was so so happy that i was home free and that all the rest of the manouvers had gone right, that I know i must have let my guard down a bit and could have breaked harder.
Anyway, I had a bit of a cry and realised that everything happens for a reason. Mark has been brilliant!! Will be redoing the test next week some time I hope.

Hope is not yet lost.

Roll_on
10-05-10, 07:14 PM
Sorry to hear that Nicky you have been trying so hard, still now you know you can do it all so next week you should sail through.

Nokesy
10-05-10, 07:18 PM
Congrats for getting everything else so right - that is a real achievement. I know you'll be just fine next time. I will be thinking of you and wishing you well! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Never in biking can you let your guard down as that's when things can go wrong - but there is no better time to learn this than right at the very start - will hopefully hold you in good stead as a great rider! Which will be very soon! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
10-05-10, 07:25 PM
Congrats for getting everything else so right - that is a real achievement. I know you'll be just fine next time. I will be thinking of you and wishing you well! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Never in biking can you let your guard down as that's when things can go wrong - but there is no better time to learn this than right at the very start - will hopefully hold you in good stead as a great rider! Which will be very soon! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

xxxx [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
10-05-10, 08:33 PM
Mike and I were very disappointed for you. The build up to test had all been about pushing the bike around, and the slow manoeuvres. I have to say Nicky was brilliant during the practise. She actually did all the exercises perfectly first time! In fact, three times in a row! I know she'll get it next time. All she's got to do is squeeze the brake a little harder and the jobs done.

Look out for the dog poop! And keep practising the E-stops... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nico_babe
10-05-10, 08:35 PM
Mike and I were very disappointed for you. The build up to test had all been about pushing the bike around, and the slow manoeuvres. I have to say Nicky was brilliant during the practise. She actually did all the exercises perfectly first time! In fact, three times in a row! I know she'll get it next time. All she's got to do is squeeze the brake a little harder and the jobs done.

Look out for the dog poop! And keep practising the E-stops... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

HAHHAAHAHAH i need a plastic swirling terd to put at the end of that e stop !! [smiley=happy.gif]

Geordie Stu
10-05-10, 08:41 PM
Dam Shame. Nail it next time [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
10-05-10, 08:44 PM
Hey Nicky well done for demonstrating good bike control, sorry to hear the e stop wasn't as quick as it should be. Do you get 2 goes at it like you would if you were too slow through the speed trap?

Mark_Able
10-05-10, 08:51 PM

HAHHAAHAHAH i need a plastic swirling terd to put at the end of that e stop !! [smiley=happy.gif]

No need to talk about the examiner like that! Only doing his job... ;D

Mark_Able
10-05-10, 08:52 PM
Hey Nicky well done for demonstrating good bike control, sorry to hear the e stop wasn't as quick as it should be. Do you get 2 goes at it like you would if you were too slow through the speed trap?

No Bob. You only get a second chance at the exercises if 'too slow' was the only fault. :(

bobf279
10-05-10, 08:58 PM
ah right thanks Mark

R1chie
10-05-10, 09:08 PM
Nevermind NB... I'm sure this is something that is easily rectified especially with Mark's help.

You'll fly through it next time round [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
11-05-10, 12:28 PM
Im glad i dont have to do these new tests, i really dont think id pass!!!
i did mine a looooong time ago, so i got "respek" for people doing it now......

good luck Nicky. :-)

Nico_babe
18-05-10, 05:16 PM
I did it, Thanks to Mark (who is my new God i must add).

Module 1 done and dusted. Module 2 next Thurday [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R2D2
18-05-10, 05:26 PM
Congratulations, that's fantastic news - fingers crossed for next Thursday but I'm sure you'll do great [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
18-05-10, 05:26 PM
Good going, well done

hotdog
18-05-10, 06:42 PM
Brilliant news. Well done. You'll sail through the next bit I'll bet :D

BB
18-05-10, 08:17 PM
Brilliant, Well done to you! [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] Good luck for next Thursday! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

ro
18-05-10, 08:24 PM
Well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
I'm sure you'll sail through mod 2 as well!

Beamer
18-05-10, 08:27 PM
FANTASTIC NEWS nicky.......knew you would get through fine....you looked so confident on Saturday hun....am soooo chuffed for you......good luck for next week but doubt you will need it flower xxxxx

;D ;D ;D

Snowy
18-05-10, 08:32 PM
Fantastic news - well done indeed.

Mark_Able
18-05-10, 08:54 PM

I told you that keeping your licence in your bra would pay off... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

Geordie Stu
18-05-10, 08:55 PM
Excellant Job [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Well Done

You'll easy pass module 2

Well Done to Mark (Able Training) for getting you through this at short notice [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
18-05-10, 08:58 PM
Well done! Best of luck for Saturday xx

SBQE2
18-05-10, 11:49 PM
Well done :)

and best of luck for 2 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Robf
19-05-10, 12:15 AM
Congrats and good luck =)

Davey
19-05-10, 07:32 AM
Well done - best of luck for Saturday 8-)

Last Train
19-05-10, 07:53 AM
Great news...very well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
19-05-10, 08:02 AM

I told you that keeping your licence in your bra would pay off... [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

Nice to see Mark's tactics for test sucess haven't changed!!! ;D

Well done! Good luck with the second stage. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
19-05-10, 08:47 AM
woooo woooo.... well done to you :-)

BB
19-05-10, 07:45 PM

Nice to see Mark's tactics for test sucess haven't changed!!! ;D

Well done! Good luck with the second stage. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I dread to think where he tells the blokes to keep theirs! :o

BB

igbell
19-05-10, 09:51 PM
Well done

bobf279
19-05-10, 10:24 PM
hey well done

Nico_babe
27-05-10, 10:52 PM
I passed Mod 2 everyone.... Yipeeeee now need to test drive some bikes and im off [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
27-05-10, 10:58 PM
CONGRATULATIONS [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now the shopping can really start !

Well done.
G x

R2D2
27-05-10, 11:01 PM
Congratulations!!! Knew you'd sail through it.

Now to do what all girls do best - shopping ;) ;) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
27-05-10, 11:06 PM
Excellent

hotdog
28-05-10, 12:31 AM
Brilliant news... well done :)

Last Train
28-05-10, 06:35 AM
Yeah man

[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

Geordie Stu
28-05-10, 07:43 AM
Excellant News Nic Had every confidence you'd pass [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
28-05-10, 08:22 AM
fantastic news :-)
bet the L plates didnt last long after you got the news... ;-)

Nico_babe
28-05-10, 08:30 AM
Well to be honest the L plate came off on the Swanage ride on the way home [smiley=thumbsup.gif] LOL Not by choice. I reckon it was fate :)

Davey
28-05-10, 09:54 AM
Well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
28-05-10, 12:30 PM
Congrats & well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Now get out shopping!

BB

silly_simon
28-05-10, 03:54 PM
Congratulations Nic [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Have you decided what you're getting then ;D

Roll_on
28-05-10, 05:22 PM
Well done again let me know when you go out test riding.

nicko@able
28-05-10, 06:46 PM
YEEHA,another one up and at`em.Most Excellent Dude.

SBQE2
28-05-10, 09:42 PM
Congrats [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

So what you going to get now :-?

Lorraine
29-05-10, 11:46 PM
well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
30-05-10, 11:03 AM
Yippee! [smiley=thumbup.gif] That's excellent news Nicky! Well done! Must celebrate with a [smiley=beer.gif] !!

Jacde
30-05-10, 07:40 PM
Well done Nicky, how good does it feel?? ;D
Be me soon hopefully,( tho got to have better days than I had yesterday :-[ )

Nokesy
30-05-10, 08:07 PM

It WILL be you soon Jackie! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Think positive thoughts :)

Jacde
30-05-10, 08:16 PM

It WILL be you soon Jackie! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Think positive thoughts :)

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] positive thoughts being thought ;D

MadonBonJovi
01-06-10, 06:21 PM
Congratulations Nicky, I knew you'd do it :)

Good luck to you Jackie when you take it :)