PDA

View Full Version : Best chain lube?

Honda_Star
29-05-10, 05:05 PM
Any recommendations for chain lube? Need to get some more.... :)

Ryan
29-05-10, 05:09 PM
DONT buy holts stuff, its crap. not sure of any good ones really, i will be needing some soon aswell, some that dosent fling all over the place lol

Roll_on
29-05-10, 05:25 PM
The best chain lube I have ever used is chainsaw chain oil. You can get it at any good lawnmower suppliers (I use John Millers in Chippenham) I even use it in scott oilers. Just think what it has to cope with used on the blade of a chainsaw.

Toph
29-05-10, 05:40 PM
the best chain lube i've used is Winzer/ Wurth chain wax, it comes in an aerosol and being a wax it sticks and doesn't fly off. I'm not sure where you can buy it though, I buy mine off a rep who comes into work. Maybe bike shops sell it?

Ryan
29-05-10, 05:56 PM
theres loads of places on the net that sell it, im gona try some of that. cheers

R1chie
29-05-10, 06:07 PM
Wurth chain wax gets my vote

BB
29-05-10, 07:15 PM
Wurth is good stuff! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Uber Dave
29-05-10, 08:33 PM
I use Castrol Chain Lube - Racing, been using it for years (was called something else before) but its good stuff, spray it on, leave it for a couple of minutes and it doesn't get flung off all over the back wheel or me either.

A can lasts for ages and I tend to spray it weekly.

FJ_Biker
29-05-10, 09:00 PM
I use chainsaw oil, remember if you use sticky oil all the crap from the road sticks to your chain and sprockets and wears them out quicker.

SupeRDel
31-05-10, 12:01 PM
Wots chain lube :D

Last Train
01-06-10, 08:01 AM
Wots chain lube :D

It's beyoned me.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
01-06-10, 08:16 AM
Halfords Chain Wax is dam good! was surprised by this budget lube....
its about £6 a can, goes on well, and lasts ok too, only a small amount of "Fling".

i use the VERY minimal that you can get away with....

just veeeeeeeeery lightly lube the black rubber o-rings on your chain Star, and a light spray down the middle rollers, and thats about it.....

igbell
04-06-10, 01:41 PM
I use a ScottOiller and the stuff works a treat, I have a little fling mainly on the centre stand others then that all is cool