PDA

View Full Version : I feel soooooo special

zachl
30-05-10, 05:53 PM
Hey all

just though I would let you know how special I feel,

I was just out riding and got nodded at by a moped!

A propper one in a tshirt and leadin his 'crew' and everything

I think I might go back out and find my friend and tell him how he made my day lol

God I hate mopeds (except simons son, he's sensible)

silly_simon
30-05-10, 05:58 PM
;D ;D ;D

Not all moped riders are the same mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] My lad is quite*ahem* sensible on his ;)

zachl
30-05-10, 06:03 PM
Edited for you mate lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
30-05-10, 06:08 PM
LOL ;D

R1chie
30-05-10, 07:00 PM
They were like milestones when I was passing the broken down mopeds the M1 today.

nicko@able
30-05-10, 07:43 PM
Bloody Nora,you mean they don`t forget EVERYTHING that we teach them.just 99.999% of it.There is hope yet for the `ped generation.The sensible ones are few and far between.But I`m really glad to hear that there are some out there.

Mark_Able
30-05-10, 08:39 PM
I remember training a lad in Frome who was particularly switched on. One of the few who seemed to listen and take everything in. Was a very good day. Did everything I asked. At the end of the roadride we returned to see his mate parked up on his 'ped waiting for him. I issued the CBT certificate, he went outside to see his mate, stuffed his jacket and gloves under the seat of his bike, and rode off into the sunset. I give up! ::)

freddieb
30-05-10, 09:50 PM
Are you sure he nodded..? he could have had a fly hit him in the eye and was just yelling abuse and shaking his head around alot... Now that's more like it.. :o ;D

BB
30-05-10, 10:33 PM
I got nodded at by a harley rider once - I'm sure it was by mistake... :D

BB

zachl
31-05-10, 12:05 AM
Are you sure he nodded..? he could have had a fly hit him in the eye and was just yelling abuse and shaking his head around alot... Now that's more like it.. :o ;D

good point, it could have been a tick from the tourettes they all seem to have

Geordie Stu
31-05-10, 12:18 AM
Today a moped tomorrow's bikers if they live that long. Wearing shorts / T shirt / Trainers...etc
::)

RichardJH
31-05-10, 01:56 AM
Have to say it is one of the things that annoys me a little!

I ride a yamaha tzr 125 and yes i am on "L" plates but purely because of age! Not that I am excited or anything because I am 21 and starting my DAS in 18 days, but you nod to other bikers and some do reply but there are loads that are like "I've got a gixer 600 who the hell are you?!?" remember we all started somewhere!

Roll_on
31-05-10, 07:37 AM

BB
I ride a Harley so maybe it was me I nod to all real bikers.

Toph
31-05-10, 08:15 AM
Aren't most of them riding illegally anyway? at 16 years old the moped you ride must be under 50cc , capable of no more than 30mph and under a certain kilowat power. They all seem to have after-market exhausts, pollini 70cc kits fitted, and ride like lunatics. I wouldn't be surprised if they all insured them as standard and not (highly) modified. does that make their insurance invalid ? :-/

BB
31-05-10, 12:04 PM

I ride a yamaha tzr 125 and yes i am on "L" plates but purely because of age! Not that I am excited or anything because I am 21 and starting my DAS in 18 days, but you nod to other bikers and some do reply but there are loads that are like "I've got a gixer 600 who the hell are you?!?" remember we all started somewhere!

I nod to everyone and anyone and frequently get ignored! seems to me if I'm on the Duke I get ignored by cruisers and everything that is classic and when on a classic I get ignored by everything that is modern. Most ped riders ignore everyone.

BB

wiltshire builders
31-05-10, 12:20 PM

It's got nothing to do with what you ride. The biking world is just the same as the normal world. Some people are "alright" and some people are "dicks".

If you're looking for respect from fellow bikers, take a trip to France. They would rather crash than not acknowledge another rider no matter what you're on.

Kevinb
31-05-10, 12:58 PM
I don't need to nod the vibration from a 1700 v-twin makes it look like you are nodding all the time ;D

StreetHippo
31-05-10, 02:20 PM
I nod to all. On the Strom bikers nod back, on my Vespa they don't even look ::)
You'd have thought we were all in the same boat ;)
Stu

Jacde
31-05-10, 03:04 PM
I got nodded at on Saturday, ;D my first nod I was soooooo happy (I know, doesn't take much!! ::) )
I couldn't nod back tho :-[ I think I'd have fallen off the bike or ridden into the hedge!
I'll ask my instructor to get me to practice when I'm next out on the bike, tho if anyone ever passes me (in and around Swindon) and you nod, please know inside I'm nodding like a nodding dog [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DaytonaDog
31-05-10, 11:00 PM
Is it really a full on nod though? I'd say it was more of a sideways tilt meself.

On the subject on peds, I had one behind me today, and he was wearing just a t-shirt, tracksuit bottoms and trainers. He was giving it the full on lean towards the handle bars just to get an extra half a mile an hour out of it. Looked like a right nobber.

nicko@able
01-06-10, 09:38 AM
me I nod to all and sundry,coppers,peds,paramedics,crusers,rats,chops anybody on 2 or 3 wheels gets a wave ,foot waggle,whatever.some answer some dont.IT`s always nice to get a reply,whoever It`s from.We all started on something,progressed to others and lust after more exotica.But we are all in the same boat,dicing with tin-tops,dancing with the Devil,and She plays a mean tune.See you all soon.Nicko [smiley=happy.gif]

Beamer
01-06-10, 04:07 PM
I was chuffed to bits yesterday cos I got my 'own' nods lmao........ am usually riding pillion so guess the 'nods' are aimed at my 'driver' but, whilst I was out on my own little 125, I totally ignored the fact that I was being flanked by my 'knight in green armour' and took the nods as my own lol.....I even got a 'thumbs up' by a larger bike rider who I moved over for as he was so much faster than me.........whoop whoop....love it lol lol

;D ;D ;D

Beamer
01-06-10, 04:43 PM

he he he Im on a 125 and NOT because of age (im 43 lmao) but like you say, we all gotta start somewhere...... I'll try n nod to you lol...ive got a yamaha 125 too (YBR) he he he.... im the one with the great big daft grin on my face lmao

;D ;D ;D

Nico_babe
01-06-10, 04:49 PM
I find it quite amusing when people nod at me and i nod back and then you get that slight pause where they go slightly off the throttle when they realise im actually a girl. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R2D2
01-06-10, 04:56 PM
Me I'll nod to just about anything on two wheels - including most sensible-looking scoot riders. I used to get plenty of nods on my VanVan - the only common exception being from Harley riders...

Aren't most of them riding illegally anyway? at 16 years old the moped you ride must be under 50cc , capable of no more than 30mph and under a certain kilowat power. They all seem to have after-market exhausts, pollini 70cc kits fitted, and ride like lunatics. I wouldn't be surprised if they all insured them as standard and not (highly) modified. does that make their insurance invalid ? :-/

However I long gave up on nodding to these turds on step-thrus with no gear and no idea, they never nod back anyway. In a past life commuting through gridlocked Birmingham traffic, the number of times I saw these morons nearly get themselves (or often ME) killed is staggering.

As for them being tomorrow's bikers, if they're going to be the bikers of tomorrow who do 60 through rural villages on a gixxer wearing jeans and reebok classics, then overtake round a blind bend straight into the grille of a tractor, then maybe there is no hope for the future of motorcycling anyway :-[

(end rant now)

Chris

Robf
01-06-10, 05:15 PM
Thats a bit unusual i've never been nodded at by a moped, and out of the moped riders i know i wouldn't want them to either

CBRowner
01-06-10, 05:24 PM

I know my girlfriends, cousins ped's illegal because he's got the 70cc kit fitted and he's had it rebored so the engine's running more then the standard bhp required for someone of his age, but little does he know that he's just destroying it everytime he rides it not only cos he's a t*t on it but because I've seen so many of these Aerox's in Gib and Spain that have been modified sat in scrap yards after about 3 years service.

My Aprillia ped was modified, even though I was 27 when I owned it and had a full licence, and that was forever being repaired which actually sounds like every bike I've ever owned ;D

I did enjoy riding in and out of cars wearing nothing but flip flops, shorts and a p**s pot style helmet but it was all the norm in Spain/Gib and drivers knew what to look out for unlike the granny in her Micra over here >:(

Mark_Able
01-06-10, 09:16 PM
I nod/wave/thumbs up at everyone, mainly because I may well have trained them... :-[ ::) ;D

It was only a crowd of HA that gave me the middle finger one time. And BMW riders more often than not, don't acknowledge me. :-?

Geordie Stu
01-06-10, 09:46 PM
Who In Trowbridge doesn't Know Mark Able......

I nod/wave whatever don't always get a responce.

Even say thanks (Sometimes) ::) to cars that pull over into the verge kcking up stones & **** to let us pass.

Jon_W
02-06-10, 01:43 PM
I find it depends what Bike I'm on as to who waves and who dosen't.

The SV gets waved at by other sportsbike riders and most modern bike riders.

The Honda gets waved at by a few calssic bike riders and ocassionally by trail bike riders (mistakenly I think)

The GS gets waved at by barely anybody. :(

CBRowner
02-06-10, 01:47 PM

I don't :-[

Mark_Able
02-06-10, 09:11 PM

Hi Emlyn, I'm Mark... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I keep telling the Mrs that I'm semi-famous, but she tries not to believe me. But where ever we go, we always bump into someone I've trained. She's coming round to the idea of being married to a celeb now... ;D

CBRowner
03-06-10, 06:53 PM

Hi Emlyn, I'm Mark... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I keep telling the Mrs that I'm semi-famous, but she tries not to believe me. But where ever we go, we always bump into someone I've trained. She's coming round to the idea of being married to a celeb now... ;D

Hi Mark,

I'll hopefully get to meet you when the missus does her bike test [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

zachl
03-06-10, 08:23 PM
i did my training with mark, tbh if i were to do it again i would go with another company, everyone was far too nice and i really enjoyed it, yuk!!

and i nod to everyone but mopeds, oh and the r125 riders without propper gear on,

and i like getting a reply,

sometimes i hold off to see if they nod first too lol is that weird? haha

Mark_Able
04-06-10, 07:48 PM
i did my training with mark, tbh if i were to do it again i would go with another company, everyone was far too nice and i really enjoyed it, yuk!!

and i nod to everyone but mopeds, oh and the r125 riders without propper gear on,

and i like getting a reply,

sometimes i hold off to see if they nod first too lol is that weird? haha

I'll tell the guys to shout a bit, and to try and be as arrogant as possible... ;D

Thanks for that mate... ;)

nicko@able
07-06-10, 07:37 PM
naa cant do it mate,not in my pysc-profile. :o

Richzx10r
07-06-10, 07:56 PM
Like many others have said already,i nod,wave,thumbs up,foot out to all(though not at the same time)and dont always get a response.But o well ignorance is bliss.Will continue to acknowledge all motorcycles on the road no matter what.

AliKatski
07-06-10, 08:37 PM
I ride a classic/cruiser (Virago), and nod (more a diagonal twitch) to everyone (apart from 'pedders - I'm too busy watching them to make sure they're not going to do anything stupid). Almost everyone nods back, but the ones who don't get forgotten in a second. I don't have time to worry about arrogant people who discriminate against other bikers (I was always taught we are a family)...

Mind you, I've noticed that time of day is a big factor - in the morning, people nod less (autopilot), but afternoon/evening we all seem a bit happier :-)

Ali

Morticia
07-06-10, 09:54 PM

BB

I get WAVED at a lot by bmw riders...

Morticia
07-06-10, 09:56 PM
Like many others have said already,i nod,wave,thumbs up,foot out to all(though not at the same time)and dont always get a response.But o well ignorance is bliss.Will continue to acknowledge all motorcycles on the road no matter what.

I'm the same. And I've realised I get a lot more response in winter, there seems to be more of a brotherhood when they know you're as cold as them and still refuse to drive a car ;D