PDA

View Full Version : Stonehenge heritage site Off Road DTRO

alanTDM
02-06-10, 08:46 PM
Got this email sent to me today concerning a traffic order on some byways
THE COUNTY OF WILTSHIRE (STONEHENGE WORLD HERITAGE SITE, PARISHES OF AMESBURY, BERWICK ST JAMES, DURRINGTON, WILSFORD CUM LAKE, WINTERBOURNE STOKE AND WOODFORD) (PROHIBITION OF DRIVING) ORDER 2010

Further to previous correspondence I am able to inform you that a report on the above proposal has now been considered by the Cabinet Member for Highways and Transport who has approved that a non-statutory Public Inquiry into the proposed Traffic Regulation Order should be held.

The proposed Traffic Regulation Order covers only the section of the A344 from Airman's Corner to Byway 12. The remainder of the A344 from Byway 12 to Stonehenge Bottom will be subject to a stopping up application by English Heritage under Section 247 of the Town and Country Planning Act to the Secretary of State once planning permission has been granted. Planning permission is dependent on the completion of an agreement with Wiltshire Council relating to off-site highway works associated with the new visitor centre. Depending on the objections made, the Secretary of State may direct English Heritage to hold a separate inquiry into the Section 247 application. As the Traffic Regulation Order is dependent on the Section 247 Order, the Traffic Regulation Order inquiry will follow the Section 247 inquiry (probably straight away) should it prove necessary and hence it is not possible to predict with any certainty at this stage when the Traffic Regulation Order inquiry is likely to be held.

This decision may be accessed via the Internet at http://cms.wiltshire.gov.uk/ieDecisionDetails.aspx?ID=192

. The report reference is HT – 013 – 10.

A full paper copy of the report can be obtained by contacting the below quoting the above reference.

Yours sincerely

Kate Davey

Senior Traffic Order Technician

Department of Neighbourhood & Planning

Wiltshire Council

County Hall

Bythesea Road

Trowbridge

Wiltshire

BA14 8JN

Tel: 01225 756573

Fax: 01225 713207

kate.davey@wiltshire.gov.uk

www.wiltshire.gov.uk

Please note: My working days are Tuesday & Wednesday

jonnydangerous
03-06-10, 08:08 AM
wont make any difference.....us offroaders moan and moan, and join groups to voice our opinion and NOTHING works....
if the govenrment want to take the lanes they take the lanes.....

il put money on this, they WILL take that lane, why do they even bother to let us "voice our opinion" on deaf ears......

think il sell my fully legal off road bike and buy a motocrosser with no number plate/insurance/mot to do the same lanes on, cos thats what every one else has done......

RedSoul
03-06-10, 08:46 AM
This was brought up at the local Trail riding federation meeting a few months back and it is being fought against but like you say it always seems to be a losing battle.
Has nothing to do with the fact that half of the "old farts" in parliment are members of the "rambling association" of course lol.

jonnydangerous
03-06-10, 03:07 PM
doesnt matter anyway, cos my bike will get filled up with dodgy fuel and not get there..........hahaha...

yeah, bikers will allways lose to "Ramblers" and "horsey brigade".....

fact :-(

spanner347
13-06-10, 10:44 AM
I noticed on the way to work thursday that the large hayballs have gone which were blocking the lane off. Does this mean that we can use this "road" again.