PDA

View Full Version : World Cup

Scotty
25-05-10, 09:06 PM
Yes folks, it's four years since the last one and the tabloids are working themselves into a frenzy of delusion about England's chances once more... ::)
I went to see that bunch of overpaid tossers at Wembley last night - fantastic stadium, good night out with some folks from work, but England were abysmal, utterly awful. The Mexicans played them off the pitch and had they had a couple of decent strikers would have annihilated us. They did this weird thing of controlling the ball and passing it to someone wearing the same colour shirt.... do you think it'll catch on? :-? As for England, a case of SSDD... no composure, panic on the ball and hoof it aimlessly away, conceding possession once more... I bet Brazil, Spain, Argentina, Germany and Italy are crapping themselves... >:(

But... the great thing is that during the WC, and especially when our useless shower are playing, the roads will be empty yay! Time to go out for a play methinks... 8-) :) :) 8-)

PS. I don't care that England won, before some smartypants points it out, they were rubbish and didn't deserve it, so there! :P

Richzx10r
25-05-10, 09:28 PM
Think you put it quite well.Watched it on the tv.Can only hope we're getting it out our system.Certain players looked nervous/out of thier league(baines,milner,carrick).And what does he hope to get out of playing Gerrard out on the left?Guy dont like playing their and it showed.
Hope its not another Sven but with an italian accent.Time will tell.
Come on England ::)

bobf279
25-05-10, 09:33 PM
Friendly matches are pretty meaningless just a practice game that earns some money. Fans always end up less than satisfied after watching them.

However if last night is a true indication of how they will perform I don't feel so bad about drawing the USA in our office sweep. ;D

jimmer
25-05-10, 10:10 PM
Cant get over all the hype about the world cup,world superbikes now thats a proper sport all the brits up for a win at every meeting,come the end off the year sports personality,they get a quick mention,then a bunch off tossers who play cricket (rounders) get 20 minutes,and that bloody Andy Murry what has he won ?.
Sorry for getting carried away rant over [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
25-05-10, 10:23 PM
Yes we are lucky with the Brit interest in WSB this year but do we have a potential Rossi?

jimmer
25-05-10, 10:29 PM
The trouble is if this country backed its riders the way the spanish and italians do im sure from bsb up to wsb there is a few who could make it

R1chie
25-05-10, 11:16 PM
Can't wait for the World Cup.

Preparing myself for another England disappointment but working for a boss who is football mad as well, I will console myself with buckshee days off work down at the pub [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
26-05-10, 10:45 AM
Never got foot ball, never will.

Only thing I get are the empty roads, and piece and quiet away from the pubs.

jonnydangerous
26-05-10, 10:56 AM
as long as it empties the roads im all in favour, they should put football on most weekends......oh, do they?.... :-)

id rather be kickin ar5e on the bike than kicking a pigs bladder on the grass.......

ZZR600Dude
26-05-10, 12:02 PM
yes looking forward to the world cup so I can get on the bike with loads of empty roads.

Who needs to watch a load of hype when I can blast down a county road on my ZZR with less cars around.

:)

BB
26-05-10, 01:37 PM
Quiet roads, bring 'em on! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

nicko@able
26-05-10, 01:56 PM
Only problem will be a bunch of brainless twits,having watched some big girls blouse,make 1/2 millon quid,brake a nail and get streacherd off.The team will then lose,leaving said brainless twits,now fuelled with cheap lager to make thear way home ,in a hump,looking for someone to take it out on.Remember it`s only called paranoia if you cant prove it.Take care out there.NICKO [smiley=happy.gif]

Davey
26-05-10, 02:47 PM
I love the world cup - not for the game (but I do follow football) but I get a brand new TV every world cup and can get some cracking deals at the moment

I do enjoy the quiet roads but in my job I'm normally here and have to be there for the riders out enjoying the quiet roads.

No doubt the majority of the matches will be on the big screen directly infront of my desk so I'm not complaining

Vard66
26-05-10, 05:21 PM
Correction - Quiet Roads covered in stupid car-window-mounted England Flags.

bobf279
26-05-10, 06:18 PM
Well I will be watching the footy always have always will, I live in hope that one day England will surprise me and do a 1966.

Becareful of those vehicles with flags on as the flags do tend to take off and if they don't hit you they could end up under a wheel. Last world cup I counted more than 50 flags in the central reservation of the M25 between the M23 and M3 junctions.

R1chie
26-05-10, 06:29 PM
Well it sounds like I won't have to queue at the bar at least.

Top stuff ;D

KP
26-05-10, 06:52 PM
COME ON ENGLAND..........it was a said before just a friendly game, you could almost say our second team, and they beat a good team in mexico,if that had been the world cup final and we won 3-1 and didnt play well i would still be bladdered now.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

nicko@able
26-05-10, 08:39 PM
speaking of World cup,you guy`s just won the twenty20.Now there is a reason for getting on the lash.Being a Kiwi there are 2 teams I support,New Zealand and anybody playing Australia.

KP
26-05-10, 08:54 PM
yup cricket world champions to!!! and beat the kiwi`s and aussies to do it, next for the footy bring it on...COME ON ENGLAND [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

dazlow
27-05-10, 04:59 PM
Glad to read that there are some fellow Football Football fans on here that will be supporting the boys. Plenty of time to ride and watch the World cup.
Funny to read people's thoughts of footy fans, is that the same as when non-bikers view us all the same? Small minded twats!

nicko@able
28-05-10, 06:40 PM
naa,I just dont understand football,Aussie rules fine.Football=Yawn.but thats just my opinion.Lots of people ot ther cant stand cricket.each to thre own,

Hazel-nut
11-06-10, 05:44 PM
im not a massive football fan but do like watching the odd game!
for the first england match tomorrow i will be at centre parcs working in the venue selling world cup tat like stupid flags and horns, but i should be able to watch the game on the massive screen they are putting up!!im gonna enjoy the match because im getting paid to watch it :P

Beamer
12-06-10, 01:37 PM
I cant help but follow the footie, living with a footie referee AND an 8 yr old fanatic I dont have much choice. But, in saying that I am one for 'community' spirit. I feel the same about the biking 'community'......a group of people with the same passion and coming together to enjoy it.......I feel the same about the way people follow their country.....ok its only a game of football but again its a shared passion.......each to his own i say. Respecting people and their choices, without them fearing criticism and put-downs from others is what life SHOULD be about......WHOOPS.... Tina Beamer has stepped down from her soap box.......so to everyone....enjoy what you enjoy but remember not to judge others. No offence is meant by what Ive said so please take it in a nice way.

And after saying all that my final words are

COME ON ENGLAND LMAO ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scotty
12-06-10, 06:01 PM
I heard on the TV today that the Septics have sold 8000 tickets compared with England officially selling 6000... I think they'll give us a thorough going over and it won't be the easy first game that the red-top trash have been yelling about.
I have a bet on with a colleague (for the grand sum of one pint) that England's bunch of overpaid nancyboy underachievers don't make it out of the group stage. Don't mind being proved wrong, but don't be surprised by news reports tomorrow of town centres the length and breadth of the country being trashed by the pissed-up chav dimwits who believe we'll actually win anything, all having a big paddy-fit when we're shown to be as average as we really are.... ::)

Nokesy
12-06-10, 08:15 PM
How do we lift Robert Green's spirits then? He must be gutted :(

Nico_babe
12-06-10, 09:12 PM
Rugby, now there a game [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
12-06-10, 09:14 PM
Rugby, now there a game [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Very nice bods too! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Manly game! No rolling around whimpering and play acting! ;D

Nokesy
12-06-10, 09:24 PM
Oh dear - not a great start to the World Cup for England :(

Honda_Star
12-06-10, 09:26 PM
r.u.b.b.i.s.h >:(

Nokesy
12-06-10, 09:28 PM
p.a.n.t.s :(

Lorraine
12-06-10, 09:30 PM
r.u.b.b.i.s.h >:(

thats football :P

Roll_on
12-06-10, 09:36 PM
Not a great football fan and that was so boring I went out and checked my bike over for tomorrow. Give me moto Gp and Rugby anyday.

SBQE2
12-06-10, 09:50 PM
Hear Hear [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Trouble is we don't win the Rugby either anymore :(

R1chie
12-06-10, 10:26 PM
I heard on the TV today that the Septics have sold 8000 tickets compared with England officially selling 6000... I think they'll give us a thorough going over and it won't be the easy first game that the red-top trash have been yelling about.
I have a bet on with a colleague (for the grand sum of one pint) that England's bunch of overpaid nancyboy underachievers don't make it out of the group stage. Don't mind being proved wrong, but don't be surprised by news reports tomorrow of town centres the length and breadth of the country being trashed by the pissed-up chav dimwits who believe we'll actually win anything, all having a big paddy-fit when we're shown to be as average as we really are.... ::)

That's the spirit ::)

Don't worry about the bet...I'd buy you a drink just to cheer you up ffs

A so so game but I'd rather have it in the group stage than anywhere else (and still get a point).

bobf279
12-06-10, 10:38 PM
The first game in the tournament is always a nervy affair, England out played them and the USA didn't look like scoring just the keeper's mistake let them off the hook. We'll still qualify for the next stage.

Hazel-nut
13-06-10, 11:58 AM
i didnt get to watch it while i was working in the end as they moved to the parc market rather than the venue -centre parcs gets on my nerves sometimes grrrrrr - but from what i have read and heard i didnt miss much :P

BB
13-06-10, 02:28 PM
How do we lift Robert Green's spirits then? He must be gutted :(

I had to ask Ghost who & why at this point... :-[ :D

BB

Scotty
13-06-10, 08:27 PM
Oh dear... I've just watched the first half of tonight's game in which a young German side (for half of whom this is their first WC) are taking the Aussies to the cleaners, the Aussies should be thankful it's only 0-2 so far... possession, movement, fantastic passes to open up the defence, a joy to watch were it not Germany, and illustrating so painfully England's glaring paucity of talent. >:( Watch it and weep you overpaid tossers, this is how it should be played. :-?
I see that Slovenija are topping England's group tonight - I bet none of the tabloids predicted that did they? ::)

Perhaps we could take a leaf out of some of the old Communist ways of thinking - bring shame upon the country and you are stripped of all wealth and possessions and spend some time in the salt mines upon your return - that might wake the dullards up a bit... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
14-06-10, 02:00 PM
Sorry what is football???

Nokesy
14-06-10, 10:56 PM
When's are next match and who is it against? :-?

BTW, why is this thread under 'general bike chat'? Couldn't find it for ages! :D