PDA

View Full Version : The First Time in Over 3 Months

CBRowner
20-06-10, 07:17 PM
I've been out on Project Honda today for the first time since my problems riding to the Sally in early April [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

She's still got an oil leak but it's not as bad as it used to be and the batterie's not holding a charge but apart from that, she's no longer over heating and she rides/sounds like a dream [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Next step, the dreaded MOT, DVLA Nazi's and then I'm set for summer [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

wiltshire builders
20-06-10, 09:45 PM
"She's still got an oil leak but it's not as bad as it used to be"

That's the spirit. It's grit and determination like yours that won us 2 world wars....or made us lowside into a hedge? Can't remember.
Good luck anyway. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
20-06-10, 09:54 PM
"She's still got an oil leak but it's not as bad as it used to be"

That's the spirit. It's grit and determination like yours that won us 2 world wars....or made us lowside into a hedge? Can't remember.
Good luck anyway. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It still needs looking at but, compared to the amount that splashed on my rear tyre on the way to the Sally, it's an improvement [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
21-06-10, 07:50 AM
Well done!

Having been through the mill on this I know the feeling of Joy when it all comes together.

jonnydangerous
21-06-10, 09:43 AM
simple.....put less oil in = less to come out :-)

.......and a new bike soon :-)

CBRowner
21-06-10, 05:22 PM
simple.....put less oil in = less to come out :-)

.......and a new bike soon :-)

I'm not sure that the 'Less in = Less out' rule applies here especially not for a 19 year old CBR ;D

She's got her birthday coming up soon so I may treat her to a new coat of paint and maybe take her somewhere nice for the day :D

Hopefully HSBC transfer my savings into my new account soon so that I can spend it all on a new ride but they seem to be taking their time at the moment and all I want to do is go out and have a good ride :'(

Steve_H...
21-06-10, 07:18 PM
If you can work out where my oil is going you can have some of that ;D

Scotty
21-06-10, 09:13 PM
She's still got an oil leak but it's not as bad as it used to be....... [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
A bike with an oil leak would fail scrutineering at a race meeting... should you be any less diligent when riding on the road? Leaking less than before is merely an improvement, not a fix, and what's to say that it won't resume leaking enthusiastically again...? Does it make you any better than the HGV driver lubricating every roundabout from his over-filled tank? Your responsibilities on the road extend to everyone else around you, remember, and it could be one of us riding behind you who comes a cropper.... :'(

CBRowner
21-06-10, 09:56 PM
I wasn't aware that it still had an oil leak and I wasn't condoning riding with one either. I was merely staying that all my hard work restoring this bike has proven somewhat worthwhile, and even though I've still got a lot to do, it's an improvement and another step in the right direction.

I also didn't know, until I got to the sally, that I even had a leak.