PDA

View Full Version : Arai Helmets

Bonnielass
21-06-10, 08:03 PM
Coming back from France recently I broke the side plate of my helmet while trying to change visor from tinted to clear. :'( Luckily, the guys I was with helped patch me up and I managed to get home with visor stuck down with gaffer tape. :-*

Anyway the reason for this thread is to inform people (because I didn't know) that you can get replacements for Arai helmets. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] When I told my son that I would have to get a new helmet he told me not to be silly, that the reason you spend a lot of money on an Arai is because of the after service! ::)

So I took it into Pheonix in Trowbridge and they ordered a side plate and fitted it. What good service, thanks Pheonix for your good service! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
21-06-10, 08:33 PM
Everyday is a school day eh

I've been through side pod woes before....not with Arai....well, not yet anyway.

ONF1RE
21-06-10, 08:56 PM
George White offer the same service when I snapped my Arai pod they fitted a temp clear replacement pod until the new one arrived & fitted F.O.C. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
21-06-10, 09:01 PM
I go direct to Phoenix Distribution (the Arai importers & distributors), ring the main number and select technical support from the menu - they're really helpful and side pods normally arrive PDQ and FOC too :) 8-) I've got a few spares now just in case it happens again so I can keep going until the proper one arrives. For some reason I got through several side pods on my old Nakano rep RX7, as well as a chin vent, never had any break on them before (in over 20 years' use in total) nor since 8-)

wiltshire builders
21-06-10, 10:03 PM
I thought everyone knew that! The Arai stands at shows will give you a free clean and service too.