PDA

View Full Version : A Close Call

Uber Dave
16-06-10, 03:55 PM
These guys were well lucky! What was the 4x4 driver thinking trying that on that bend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19p4Me8mrcc

amills
16-06-10, 04:15 PM
If the lead rider was positioned correctly, i.e. left hand side of lane; he would would have had early visibility of what was coming round the corner and be better placed to avoid the obstacle. Leaning into on-coming lane great way to get your head taken off.

It's riders like these that end up in the obitaries and give the rest of us a bad name.

Aaron

DaytonaDog
16-06-10, 04:20 PM
I think both the lead rider and the 4 x 4 driver are equally culpable in this incident. The lead rider was poorly positioned for the bend and the 4x4 should not have been performing an overtake on a bend. Clearly he didn't consider oncoming traffic and was probably too impatient to wait until he/she had a safe location to overtake.

Morticia
16-06-10, 08:07 PM
Not sure I understand, isn't it a fact that 4x4 drivers can't drive??? ;D

SBQE2
16-06-10, 08:18 PM
This is an excellent clip, it REALLY does make the point about positioning for a bend.

Scotty
16-06-10, 09:30 PM
The Buell rider (and the Gixxer for that matter) shouldn't have been right on the white line on a bend with such poor visibility :o - not that it exonerates the dick in the Chelsea Tractor for driving like a complete cnut >:( >:( >:(
Did they turn round to have a word with said driver? Should have done, it usually works, especially if there's more than one of you...

Nokesy
17-06-10, 12:08 PM
Very bad positioning by the rider but 4x4 driver is a complete twat and shouldn't be on the roads :o

CBRowner
17-06-10, 01:38 PM
I've found myself looking at close calls since I've had my bike licence and it's pretty scary sometimes :-[

I'll stick to watching whoever it is riding through Dilton Marsh at a rapid rate on his Gixxer >:(

BoatingBiker
18-06-10, 05:46 AM
Send the bikers to a 'Bike S [smiley=thumbsup.gif]afe' meeting to learn about positioning, road awareness and SPEED

You should aways be prepared for the unexpected, not just 4x4 drivers !

steveo
18-06-10, 10:55 AM
look's like they were very lucky to get away with this close call, maybe he will think bout his cornering bit more now .

R1chie
18-06-10, 11:34 AM
Biker = Crap road positioning
4x4 driver= Absolute cockstand

Roll_on
18-06-10, 12:08 PM
Really bad road positioning by both bikes but that 4x4 driver should still be shot overtaking push bikes on a bend and he was towing a large trailer.

alanTDM
18-06-10, 05:31 PM
That has happened to me twice going to work along the straight road pass Kingsdown golf course near Monkton Farleigh
Every morning i pass two cyclist going in oposite direction and the car drivers still overtake them when im about 200yds from them,nearly had a head on smash one morning a silver V Astra just got back on his side of the road missed me by about one foot they just can't be friggin assed to wait till i go pass.

jonnydangerous
22-06-10, 08:40 AM
happens offroad too.......come round a teeeeeny track sliding about and meet a "Rangey" with bull bars......... quite scary :-)