PDA

View Full Version : Trip to France

wiltshire builders
15-06-10, 04:48 PM
Just got back from Languidic in Brittany and found some amazing roads, ate delicious food and met some lovely people. We stayed with a great couple who run a high end B&B. This was our 3rd year there and i'm still in awe of how nice it is. Their website is www.perfectplacefrance.com
Here are some of my pics
http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af119/wiltshirebuilders/France%202010/

This was the first big trip on the zx10. It was amazing and was faultless on the fast twisties. I also got the fuel problem sorted and even managed 41mpg on one of the fastest days.
I was complaining about how uncomfortable it was when i bumped into a fellow 10 rider on his way to Morocco!

Morticia
16-06-10, 07:52 PM
Looks like fun! How did you plan your route? I want to do France again, soon as, and a different (and recommended) route would be ideal.

amills
16-06-10, 10:38 PM
Planning a route isn't difficult if you have an idea where you want to end up and have a decent planning tool. I was advised by a friend to have a look at a [free] on-line progam called TYRE (Trace Your Route Everywhere) and uses Google maps (or Earth if you prefer) and did I mention its free (you can donate if you wish).

Its an excellent route planning tool. One tip though .... when picking waypoints, zoom-in and fine-tune the waypoint or you may find it in a field. When route planned, it can then be exported to a Tom Tom or Garmin sat nav (i.e. those that have waypoint based route planning.

Aaron

wiltshire builders
16-06-10, 11:00 PM
We based ourselves at Languidic then spent the day riding around on pre planned routes. That way you don't have to carry luggage with you all the time. It wasn't so much a touring holiday as a using northern France as a race track holiday ::) We made sure there were scenic routes and nice cafes/bars too. I love France and the French way of life. When was last time you were having lunch in England and a stranger walking past said "have a nice meal"? Vive le français!

ro
17-06-10, 03:23 PM
Looks like you had a great time!

It sounds similar to what I did in April - four nights based in a nice cheap B&B (http://www.chez-tranquille.co.uk/) near Dinan in Brittany with rides out every day in different directions. We planned one ride specifically to include a recommended road (which was indeed worth a detour); the other routes we took were mostly the obvious (non-motorway) roads to get to various attractive destinations (St. Malo, Mont St. Michel, Vannes, Pontivy), but they were all good. I'd love to go again, to the same area or further south.

jonnydangerous
22-06-10, 08:46 AM
I also got the fuel problem sorted and even managed 41mpg on one of the fastest days.

just curious, what was the fuelling problem????.....

wiltshire builders
22-06-10, 10:01 AM
It was running too rich. Had a power commander fitted and leaned the mix to 13 2. Managed 150 on 1 tank on the way home albeit whilst praying to the gods not to let me run out on the M4.