PDA

View Full Version : New number plates

Steve_H...
13-06-10, 10:58 PM
A few people have expressed an interest in new more compact number plates that my mate makes up. Attached is a picture of the one I had done for my bike, the whole plate has been trimmed down to make it more compact and neater and looks far nicer than the standard factory fitted plate although is not so small it would attract attention from the boys in blue.

If you wish you can also add nick names, bike names etc on the bottom of the plate in small letters.

The few people that have requested one already or anyone who is interested can send me a PM with VRN and any other info you want on there.

Please only PM me wth details if you definatley want to order one as orders will be placed on receipt of PM.

http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/roxychick72/numberplate.jpg

StreetHippo
13-06-10, 11:09 PM
How much are these fella? Just seen other thread, but how much under a tenner?
Cheers,

Stu 8-)

Geordie Stu
14-06-10, 09:18 AM
I want a trimmed version please.

Where can I get one?
How much ?

jonnydangerous
14-06-10, 09:19 AM
mememememe......
how much for numberplate with ....

"JayDee's GSXR Unicycle" along the bottom???

ta

AlanMc
14-06-10, 01:33 PM
i did a search for a plate with "v1per" and found it would cost me £60000

Beamer
14-06-10, 04:30 PM
mememememe......

ta

LOVE IT LMAO

;D ;D ;D

silly_simon
14-06-10, 06:03 PM
Just a word of warning peep's

A mate of mine used to make up plates with smaller dimensions and logo's etc But not anymore as if the plate does not have a BS mark and the name and postcode of who made it then IF stopped some serious questions will be asked and the Plate maker/supplier COULD face a fine upto £5000 :o and even a prison term for get this Taken from my mate on another forum

"As it stands if you supply a registration plate in anything other than standard format you are liable for a min 5k fine and a possible jail term....... and all in the name ANTI-TERRORISM! Thank our wonderful, paranoid government for that!"

I'm all for a smaller plate with something on it to make it personal, so don't shoot me down in flames for this but i thought i'd post it up

Cheers
Si

Steve_H...
14-06-10, 07:12 PM

A mate of mine used to make up plates with smaller dimensions and logo's etc But not anymore as if the plate does not have a BS mark and the name and postcode of who made it then IF stopped some serious questions will be asked and the Plate maker/supplier COULD face a fine upto £5000 :o and even a prison term for get this Taken from my mate on another forum

"As it stands if you supply a registration plate in anything other than standard format you are liable for a min 5k fine and a possible jail term....... and all in the name ANTI-TERRORISM! Thank our wonderful, paranoid government for that!"

I'm all for a smaller plate with something on it to make it personal, so don't shoot me down in flames for this but i thought i'd post it up

Cheers
Si

It's a fair point Si... So anyone that wishes to continue, feel free to continue at your own risk.

The cost: I was quoted £9 but wasn't really going to ask him for the £1 change back and won't be if i order some more...

Thorkill_The_Tall
14-06-10, 08:10 PM

Cheers
Si

If your vehicle is pre-September 2001, these conditions do not apply.
However, numberplate manufacturers are required to add their company name and postcode, plus the BS number, to any new 'plate.

Another factor is the MOT test.
A non-regulation sized 'plate should constitute a failure.

Steve_H...
14-06-10, 08:50 PM
Point taken... But from my experience, as long as your not taking the P*** in terms of size shape etc, then you would have to seriously of upset our finest lawkeepers to end up in the jailhouse for not having a postcode on the bottom of your plate.

As for MOT`s keep the original they take 30 seconds to swap back... Or buy new [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

amills
14-06-10, 09:47 PM
Just had my bike MOT'd and it passed ok even though size is smaller than the piccy in the first post.

Bike is pre-2001 so no company name or BS.

Police even had a good look at the rear of all our bikes on the UK side of the Channel Tunnel this weekend and only commented on some heat shield cladding dangling from bottom of Ro's Ninja.

Aaron

Steve_H...
14-06-10, 09:52 PM
mememememe......

ta

That will be 30" x 6 " for you then ;D

jonnydangerous
22-06-10, 08:42 AM
....in slightly smaller letters... ;-)

price?????.... ta :-)

Steve_H...
22-06-10, 03:56 PM
....in slightly smaller letters... ;-)

price?????.... ta :-)

£10 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

amills
22-06-10, 08:24 PM
As I have a pre-2001 bike and should at least try not to attract the interest of pissy traffic cops, you can put my name done for one.

Are the screw holes done to me to do ?

Aaron

Steve_H...
22-06-10, 08:33 PM
As I have a pre-2001 bike and should at least try not to attract the interest of pissy traffic cops, you can put my name done for one.

Are the screw holes done to me to do ?

Aaron

No worries mate pm me your details... Screw holes are left for you to sort out as they are all different, but easy to sort out. I used the old plate as a template and 4 or 5 mm drill if memory serves me right ;)

Scotty
23-06-10, 12:15 AM
Plastic number plate screws require a 7mm drill. Mark the plate where you want to drill and use a 3mm bit first to make a pilot hole, turning really quickly, and then follow with the 7mm ROTATING BACKWARDS REALLY FAST - honestly, that way it'll melt its way through and won't snatch the material and crack it when it finally gets through like it would if turning the normal way - same goes for drilling mounting screw holes in fairing screens too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
If you don't believe me, do it the normal way and curse when it cracks it.... then decide whether to buy another plate/screen ::)

R1chie
23-06-10, 10:14 AM
I just use a strip of 'No More Nails' tape on my plate

Lazy fcker I know ;D

jonnydangerous
23-06-10, 10:44 AM
i use tape on the top surface, marked with the screw hole positions a very sharp drill bit that ive sharpened with a large back rake angle......and a block of wood under the plate.....
altho the one i had recently was held on with double sided sticky tape... :-)

BB
24-06-10, 12:36 PM
I just use a strip of 'No More Nails' tape on my plate

Lazy fcker I know ;D

No more nails sounds good! ;D

BB

Nico_babe
25-06-10, 12:16 PM
Love my new plate. Thanks again Bladerider [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Steve_H...
25-06-10, 11:00 PM
Plastic number plate screws require a 7mm drill. Mark the plate where you want to drill and use a 3mm bit first to make a pilot hole, turning really quickly, and then follow with the 7mm ROTATING BACKWARDS REALLY FAST - honestly, that way it'll melt its way through and won't snatch the material and crack it when it finally gets through like it would if turning the normal way - same goes for drilling mounting screw holes in fairing screens too [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
If you don't believe me, do it the normal way and curse when it cracks it.... then decide whether to buy another plate/screen ::)

Just used 5mm drill fits perfect have fitted few now... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]