PDA

View Full Version : Wiltshire Bikers Badge

Geordie Stu
26-06-10, 09:20 PM
It has been under consideration for some time that Dabz wanted a Wiltshire Bikers official badge.

Both Dabz & myself have come up with the final design. before we commit to ordering we would like to gadge how many would buy the badge.

We have a target price of £5.00 - £6.00 per badge.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o311/speedtriple_01/logo_23.jpg

Jacde
27-06-10, 12:08 AM
Will have to wait to get home as can't see any image (booo to work pc's) what are they going to be, fabric or adhesive?

Roll_on
27-06-10, 07:59 PM
Are you actually planning on adding the pic of the bike to the badge.

CBRowner
27-06-10, 08:06 PM
I'm in the same situation as Jacde but I'd probably have one [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mcicy
27-06-10, 08:07 PM
Yeah I would not like that yellow bike showing on my badge.

Nice choice of colours, in heraldry:

Green is the colour of hope, joy and loyalty in love (well we do all love our bikes).

The bars symbolises a person who sets the bar of conscience in religion and honor against angry passions (so no more road rage >:( )

silly_simon
27-06-10, 08:12 PM
Yes aggreed don't like the bike, Perhaps a white horse may have been a better option IMHO

Nokesy
27-06-10, 08:15 PM
Presume the bike pic is just an example? Would we each have our own bike pic on our badge?

Geordie Stu
28-06-10, 08:10 AM
The bike in the pic is not the best I agree. However, detail on the badge would not show up due to the stitching

The plan is to have embroidered badges.

Dabz
28-06-10, 09:09 AM
Actually I do like the idea of a white Bike..kinda playing on the idea of Wiltshire's white horses?

Gerry
28-06-10, 10:03 AM
I was really tempted not to reply to this thread as I'm sure there has been a lot of thought gone into the design and don't want to be seen as somebody who knocks things but can't do any better.

However (deep breath) I'm not keen on the design - sorry.

IMHO (in my honest opinion - just for you Rosie) I think it's too tall and the one bike image looks like the other one (or three) are missing.

I (hopefully) attach an example of a more compact, symmetrical design that to me is more pleasing to the eye, just to show you what I mean.

On the positive side, the choice of a yellow bike is excellent [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Cheers
G

Nokesy
28-06-10, 10:31 AM
Have to say - I agree with Gerry (the brave boy!) - again, I am reluctant to say as would not be able to come up with anything at all, but it is too tall and he raises a good point about 'missing' bike images. Also, not overly keen on the 'green' colour in the WB one. Probably wouldn't buy one as it stands :( Sorreeeee :'(

RedSoul
28-06-10, 11:00 AM
I quite like the design except for the bike in it lol.....If it was a transalp i might have gone along with it ::)

Geordie Stu
28-06-10, 01:03 PM
Won't & can't please everybody all the time. The bike seems to be the sticking point so I'm willing to concede that.

The basic design will stay as the coat of arms itself is "Wiltshire" coat of arms. Can we agree on that?

Dabz & i will change the bike we both think we should have some reference to bikes not just the name. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

All feed back is constructive [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I do like the idea also of the White Horse

Jacde
28-06-10, 03:45 PM
Could the bike be more stylized form like this?

http://www.supercoloring.com/wp-content/main/2009_07/Motorcycle-coloring-page.jpg

Gerry
28-06-10, 03:57 PM
If it's the Wilts County coat of arms shouldn't it have a big turkey type bird thingy in it :P

:)

PS... am joining the "Biker Brothers" cos I like their logo better (that's unless they are an American Gay Bikers club) :-/

Bonnielass
28-06-10, 04:56 PM
If it's the Wilts County coat of arms shouldn't it have a big turkey type bird thingy in it

I think you mean a 'Bustard' Gerry!

I think the bike should be something like the one Jacde suggests but doing a wheelie like a white horse rearing!!

Dabz
28-06-10, 05:00 PM
it's tempting to change the general colour scheme to blue/white like the WB colours...what do you think?

Bonnielass
28-06-10, 05:14 PM
I much prefer the blue and white idea!

Geordie Stu
28-06-10, 05:52 PM
Your right the busted was on the top but replaced with Crash Helmet.

is the next draft to be in Blue & White with a white horse instead of the bike everything else remains the same.

Dabz drop me PM or Txt advise before I speak to designers [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bubblylittleme
28-06-10, 08:55 PM
Blue and white definitely sounds better and like the bike rearing idea too

Geordie Stu
01-07-10, 04:14 PM
Right after careful consideration here is another draft. Hope this ticks all the boxes then we can order up a batch.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o311/speedtriple_01/wiltshire-coat-arms_4copy3.jpg

bubblylittleme
01-07-10, 04:42 PM
Alot better than the other one...well done

Gerry
01-07-10, 04:52 PM
Are you asking for comments :)

If so, I still like the Biker Brothers better ;D but how about a wheeling bike in the RHS to offset the horse as it still looks like somethings missing to me.

Saying that, I know you can't please "all of the people" and as long as this pleases most then job done !

Cheers
G

EDITED: Sorry Rosie, I see this was your idea first !

Jacde
01-07-10, 04:59 PM
Nice :)

CBRowner
01-07-10, 05:02 PM
How about a white horse riding a white bike??

At least then you can please everyone ;D

I do like the one with the horse alot better than the bike option [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
01-07-10, 05:17 PM

I do like the one with the horse alot better than the bike option [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

you beat me to it I was going to suggest that.
Sounds good, and a bit of humor as well. Stylised bike with white horse riding it. Shows we are bikers and from Wiltshire, job done.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
01-07-10, 05:18 PM

you beat me to it I was going to suggest that.
Sounds good, and a bit of humor as well. Stylised bike with white horse riding it. Shows we are bikers and from Wiltshire, job done.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Great minds think alike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Someone will have to trawl through Google to find one because I'm sure there's one already on there ;D

CBRowner
01-07-10, 05:22 PM
I need a hobby, but here are some examples which I think work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

http://www.tattoopimp.com/images/tattoos/fullsize/horse%20bike.jpg

http://www.theequinest.com/images/photoshop2.jpg

I've searched 12 pages and those are the best [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ZZR600Dude
01-07-10, 05:41 PM
I think the second one is best. Thought it was a bit strange at first bit actually it would translate into a badge quite well. Person riding bike/horse in white?

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
01-07-10, 07:35 PM

Make it so simple if we have a black horse on a black background.

redken1
01-07-10, 08:30 PM
I'll leave it to the experts. I will be happy to buy and proud to don whatever badge comes to fruition. As long as no England footballers are on it of course. LMAO ;D

redken1
01-07-10, 08:38 PM
Emlyn wrote on Today at 5:02pm:

At least then you can please everyone

I do like the one with the horse alot better than the bike option

A white horse walked in to a pub in Scotland and asked for a whisky. The barman said, "What one would you like, we have, Bells, Teachers, Grants, we even have one called after you." The White Horse replied, "What Eric?" Sorry for going of the subject

Geordie Stu
01-07-10, 10:10 PM
Trying to to keep the design simple so to keep costs down. If too much detail goes into the embroidery then more cost.

Lets see what the Boss thinks he has final say. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
02-07-10, 01:07 PM
Personally, I have to say I am not keen on it, in any colour. I can see the appeal of adapting the Wiltshire badge to suit our forum, but it doesn't do it for me.

I appreciate that it's impossible to please everyone and no matter what design is picked someone will not like it, but I am with Gerry on this one, the Biker Brothers badge is a much better design, again this is only my personal preference.

I'm sorry to say that I really don't like the design, and wouldn't have one, but again this is only my personal opinion, and is certainly not a reason for changing it if this is the design that most people want. Although I notice that only a dozen or so members are putting forward idea's, I know that not all of our 1000+ members are active, but we have more than a dozen active members.

The other point I would like to raise here, and not sure if people have considered it, but how large is this patch likely to be? Is it a large patch for the back of the jacket, or a small patch? Are people fully aware of what possible consequences can happen for having a 'club patch' on your leathers or waistcoats, without permission?

OK it's not a top and bottom rocker, but even side patch clubs need to get permission before putting their club patch on visible display or even just existing. Don't get me wrong, I believe that if people want to have their 'club' patch on their clothing, that's their choice and it's no business of mine, but unfortunately the area of club patches is a very grey area, and ignorance has led to many people having problems with established and affliated clubs who have got permission to show their 'colours'.

You can argue that it's a forum and not a club, or that its a badge and not a patch, or whatever other reasnoble reason for having it, and this would work if you where dealing with a written law, but you're not, and the punishment for breaking this 'law' isn't a few nights in a cell and a fine, it can be far more serious than that.

I'm not an expert on the unwritten rules on club patches and their significance depending on where they are placed on clothing and what they look like and contain, but I have heard enough stories to know that you have to be extremely carefull if you want to do it.

Nokesy
02-07-10, 01:17 PM
I have to agree with Hunar - I don't like it either and wouldn't want one on my clothing but I also appreciate I might just be in the minority and if everyone else is happy then I shall be happy for them instead! Hunar - you raise some interesting points re:- legalities - not something I was aware of. I am really up for a 'club badge' of some description so who would be able to clarify how we can legally go about this?

Geordie Stu
02-07-10, 05:11 PM
Well in that case I will leave it up to management to decide whether they wish to proceed with the badge whatever the design.

I'm happy to assist in the design & even prepared to contribute to the cost of supplying badges.

Before we go any further then maybe someone should look intot the laws further, mainly because the original design is based around the official Wiltshire Coat of Arms & may not take too kindly to being altered. So based on Hunars comments i will suspend any further develepeoment till further notice.

Roxy
02-07-10, 05:37 PM
Hmmmm I'm not keen on it, sorry

where are the flowers and more importantly the colour pink? ;D

roxy

Beamer
02-07-10, 06:04 PM
I must admit im happy with my t-shirt and hoodie.......badges n stuff would mean possible sewing lmao......not for me lol.....as for what Hunar said above I gotta agree with him......there are some very 'strange' politics within 'biker' groups....i learnt that 1 when reading the first posts on the wootton bassett massive ride when different clubs were discussing whether badges etc should be allowed etc.......Im a niave little person who is aware that some bike groups are very possessive and also very proud of their area and as we are a friendly, non violent group that just share a passion for riding and think it would be a shame if that changed.......if you get what i mean

;D ;D ;D

bobf279
02-07-10, 10:00 PM
Sorry I'm not too keen on badges etc,

Steve_H...
02-07-10, 11:02 PM
Emlyn wrote on Today at 5:02pm:

At least then you can please everyone

I do like the one with the horse alot better than the bike option

A white horse walked in to a pub in Scotland and asked for a whisky. The barman said, "What one would you like, we have, Bells, Teachers, Grants, we even have one called after you." The White Horse replied, "What Eric?" Sorry for going of the subject

LMAO ;D

Steve_H...
02-07-10, 11:06 PM
I think it's terrible ::)

Scotty
02-07-10, 11:21 PM
"Badges? We don't need no steeenking badges!"

(You have to be familiar with Blazing Saddles to get that one... ::))

Hunar's point about obtaining permission for patches and top & bottom rockers doesn't mean asking the police or the local council.... :-? Think of a slightly more sinister organisation who wear white patches and rockers with red text and symbols on them, a group who are not averse to taking the law into their own hands to settle grudges and disputes, and who are basically a bunch of mean badass motherf*ckers for whom biking is a way of life and a literal two fingers to society >:( The 1%ers.... believe me, you don't want to piss these guys off by wearing a patch that they haven't sanctioned... :( :( :( And before Angry of Wiltshire pipes up in a fit of moral outrage about needing to ask someone if they can wear a patch, shut the **** up now, just don't try it ok? :-X

Steve_H...
02-07-10, 11:36 PM
I have some guns if anyone needs them... ;D

Hunar
03-07-10, 03:27 AM
"Badges? We don't need no steeenking badges!"

(You have to be familiar with Blazing Saddles to get that one... ::))

Hunar's point about obtaining permission for patches and top & bottom rockers doesn't mean asking the police or the local council.... :-? Think of a slightly more sinister organisation who wear white patches and rockers with red text and symbols on them, a group who are not averse to taking the law into their own hands to settle grudges and disputes, and who are basically a bunch of mean badass motherf*ckers for whom biking is a way of life and a literal two fingers to society >:( The 1%ers.... believe me, you don't want to piss these guys off by wearing a patch that they haven't sanctioned... :( :( :( And before Angry of Wiltshire pipes up in a fit of moral outrage about needing to ask someone if they can wear a patch, shut the **** up now, just don't try it ok? :-X

Not quite how I would have worded it, but yeah lol.

Like I said, I am not 100% up on my knowledge of the unwritten laws surrounding patches, but I know it's a grey area, can be dependant on where you live, what mood the people who stop you are in, how strictly they enforce their rules, and quite possibly if they like your face or not.

I just thought everyone should be aware of this, in case they didn't know.

Roxy
03-07-10, 08:42 AM
Hunar , after lasts nights explaination of the right and wrong with regard to club badges, I think the topic is well and truely dropped! You scared the life out of me! Apart from the fact it wasn't pretty enough for my liking anyway! ;)

Scotty I think you exlained it spot on mate!!

Dead in the water! :-X

roxy

Andy63
03-07-10, 02:42 PM
Hi, I found a nice simple design on this: http://www.civicheraldry.co.uk/wilts_74to09.html, website. The green and white wavy lines that represent Wilts. chalk downs on a sun background. Maybe you could superimpose a bike on it or something. Would be easy to embroider. It's just called "badge".

Geordie Stu
04-07-10, 10:02 PM
Why should the badge be dead in the water if only a handful of members don't like it.

If the design goes ahead then the answer is simple don't buy it.

Roll_on
04-07-10, 10:31 PM
Many should read Hunar's post again and follow that by reading Scotty's. We should not ever drop the dot com bit from the end of wiltshire bikers then we cannot be mistaken for trying to appear to be an MCC. Small badges are one thing but anything resembling a patch could well be a problem.

HensonA
05-07-10, 01:25 AM
...was going to say that some not getting what Hunar said ... but Scotty's post makes clear the unwritten "rule" as regards unapproved club patches....so maybe some are ignoring the inferences here.

Anyway, I won't be interested in any form of patch / badge at all, even if the design was agreeable to a majority who expressed an opinion.

Ade

Roxy
05-07-10, 07:19 PM
;D ;D I think Hunar and esp Scotty's post were both very clear. Let's just not go there! :o

roxy

festus
05-07-10, 08:17 PM
To add my view on the "doing the right thing" with the politics thatIS REAL in our world.
Any club be it mcc etc or any type of club that wants to wear a badge be it side arm shoulder etc shoud get permission from local.area club/s be it mc based or not,its a sign of respect.
Any club would normally have to be affiliated to a club to be able to show there club emblem etc and abide by the rules set out what these are can vary.But normaly show support.....
Ive been around the "biker world "many years and have partied with many patched clubs over the years 8-)
Peace up people...see you on the a420 some day

KP
05-07-10, 08:48 PM
have we ran a poll on this??

i wasn`t going to comment on it, i wouldn`t want one either, we have our t-shirts,and hoodies,with wiltshire bikers on them, which everyone can get through Dabz, to me thats enough,i think if we go ahead with the badges we will cause a divide, we all know who we are in our group,were not hardcore bikers,we are just people who love to mingle with like minded people,we dont need a badge to tell us that.

And please dont take offence to this post,you all know me and its how i see it,if it goes ahead good luck with it ::) ::) ::)

Geordie Stu
06-07-10, 09:08 PM
The Badges would also be via dabz. With so much bad publicity on this thinks it gonna be dropped. But Dabz has the final word.

Dabz
07-07-10, 06:22 PM
I've kept quiet on this for a while..half due to not being around much to be on the forums, but also to research the issue and see what others think. Having had the low down from Hunar and spoken to a few others with much more knowledge of 'politics' that I have, I think we should put this one to rest for now..