PDA

View Full Version : Day 1 in the Clarendon College Carpark.....

RachaelEllen
04-07-10, 02:44 PM
I've promised various people to keep them updated on how my CBT went so thought the best way to do it would be on here.

I was booked in today with Able Training and had a very patient Nickothesicko leading me through different beginner bits and pieces. The biggest success of the day was that i didn't fall off which i am very pleased about as i think it would have made me a bit nervous about getting back on again. I'm going back again soon to finish the training and try a bit of on-road practice, something i'm actually quite pleased about as it's a lot of information to take on in one day, especially considering i knew nothing about bikes before today!

Another huge success is that i managed to do a u-turn without putting my foot down....something that SBQE2 (my dad) couldnt do easily, so that is the most important thing haha ;D

I owe alot to able training, they are fantastic and very patient!!

Looking forward to the next session!

silly_simon
04-07-10, 03:04 PM
congats to you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] It will all click in time just enjoy it as much as you can :)

Jacde
04-07-10, 03:17 PM
Well done Rachael, so glad you've achived so much in just one day, (it took me about 4 days!!!)
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] :)

Lorraine
04-07-10, 05:44 PM
Well done Pillion Rider [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Keep at it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

AlanMc
04-07-10, 06:01 PM
Well done on day 1, just enjoy it and you will be fine

best of luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
04-07-10, 06:11 PM
Well done!able training are definitly great at teaching you everything you need to know!nickothesicko got me through my second dayand overdid my u-turns and I ended up coming off :( got back on though!knocked my confidnce a little but once I was back on I was alright!

Good luck with your second day!enjoy

Nico_babe
04-07-10, 06:30 PM
Well done !! Its a great feeling to know that your journey to get your license has begun. Just think, your almost there :)

KP
04-07-10, 06:32 PM
well done to you :)

Beamer
04-07-10, 06:35 PM
well done .... i was there not so long ago and had to go back too.....its alot of info to take in one go...learning how to ride the bike AND doing the road stuff......dont worry, they are brill at Able Training and will get you through x

:) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
04-07-10, 06:39 PM
Well done Rachael, glad you enjoyed it! You'll soon have it cracked! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mas1
04-07-10, 06:39 PM
Well Done [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
04-07-10, 06:41 PM
Well done Rachael all being well you will soon be there with the rest of us.

RachaelEllen
04-07-10, 07:33 PM
It's so good to hear that alot of people take more than one day, i did feel a bit disappointed when he told me but i had a stinking headache by 1 o'clock so quite glad i am getting to split the training up!

Beamer
04-07-10, 07:53 PM
It's so good to hear that alot of people take more than one day, i did feel a bit disappointed when he told me but i had a stinking headache by 1 o'clock so quite glad i am getting to split the training up!

I was gutted too but knew I wasnt confident enough to go out on the roads on the 1st day.....I had never ridden a bike in my life so, like you, had to learn how to operate it and know how it worked etc before i could do the road stuff.....and I dropped the bike, like Hazel lol .....so dont you worry girl, you will get it and as an added bonus you get to have another day of riding lol......so chin up and keep going :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roxy
04-07-10, 08:11 PM
Well done Rachel, keep it up and you will be riding on the road in no time at all.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
04-07-10, 08:22 PM

I was gutted too but knew I wasnt confident enough to go out on the roads on the 1st day.....I had never ridden a bike in my life so, like you, had to learn how to operate it and know how it worked etc before i could do the road stuff.....and I dropped the bike, like Hazel lol .....so dont you worry girl, you will get it and as an added bonus you get to have another day of riding lol......so chin up and keep going :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I managed to drop the 125 3 times and so far the drop count on the 500 is 3, currently sporting 2 very large bruises, but hasn't affected my enjoyment :)

Toph
04-07-10, 08:45 PM
Best of luck PR, practice makes perfect, you have bikes in the blood,keep positive!!

BB
04-07-10, 09:59 PM
Well done PR, keep at it! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

RachaelEllen
04-07-10, 10:43 PM
Just heard from Mark and i've got my next session provisionally booked in for next saturday, it's so far away :( i'll attempt to practice in the week....with an imaginary clutch haha!

Gerry
04-07-10, 11:01 PM
Well done PR, hopefully not to long before you are just "R" ;)

Good luck next Saturday.
G

Last Train
05-07-10, 08:33 AM
Yeah Man

8-)

jonnydangerous
05-07-10, 08:40 AM
when you pass, how about getting an road legal offroader 125.....?
riding offroad will teach you MUCH more than on the road, and teach you about slides, balance, clutch skills, falls (in a safe place)....
once you mastered the skills and have loads of confidence youll be smooth and safe(r) on the road....

good luck next saturday :-)

Jd.

Nokesy
05-07-10, 09:53 AM
Well done Rachael - that's a fab start! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] It's all sounding good and best of luck for next Saturday! Looking forward to the name change!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
05-07-10, 04:31 PM
Some training schools will issue a CBT certificate just because you've turned up. We, on the other hand, will only issue a certificate if you're up to scratch. We have had someone come back 6 times before getting their ticket! But rest assured, nobody has to pay for the additional training, no matter how many times it takes. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

ktm_man
06-07-10, 01:07 PM
Good luck, I think what helps is that Able training make the training fun and interesting. Are you going to do your DAS soon?

Cheers
George

Jon_W
06-07-10, 03:43 PM

I managed to drop the 125 3 times and so far the drop count on the 500 is 3, currently sporting 2 very large bruises, but hasn't affected my enjoyment :)

I managed to stall in Frome town centre during my CBT.... was very embarassed to say the least.... 'cos I had to kickstart the bike.... no hiding the stall!!! Managed to fall off the day before the practical test as well....

RachaelEllen
06-07-10, 03:52 PM
Hi George, I'm not doing my DAS straight away partly due to funds but also because i need to get my confidence up alot more before i even think about going on a bigger bike! I like the van van because i can easily have my feet on the floor haha

ktm_man
06-07-10, 06:49 PM
Hi PR, ah good stuff, do you drive a car i.e. have existing exp of the road etc? The van van's are great little bikes arnt they, my lil brothers just bought one from a member of this site and as you say theyre easy to put your foot down on & very comfy, also very easy to work on :).

RachaelEllen
06-07-10, 07:08 PM
Yeah, i've driven on and off for 5 years so fairly ok at the general stuff, it's the getting used to the clutch being controlled by my hand that is the hardest bit though!

ktm_man
06-07-10, 07:56 PM
Ah cool so have a fair bitta road craft so to speak then ! I wish you all the best for you next session :)

Geordie Stu
08-07-10, 10:09 AM
Well Done Rachael. Started on the long & winding road to your full licence. Good Luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]