PDA

View Full Version : New Bike?

Moo
19-07-10, 04:55 PM
I am thinking of getting a new bike but no idea what to get!! Some of you may have seen me, overweight, middle aged and on a crusty fireblade. (Not much positive there really).

Will either put the blade on the track or px it and get a track bike which has already been sorted.

Any sensible thoughts?

Martin

PS No Harleys or cruisers!!!!

BB
19-07-10, 07:43 PM
You thinking of a new new bike or new to you new bike? :D

I've got a low mileage 2007 S2R Duke which is cluttering up the garage.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Moo
19-07-10, 08:39 PM
Either really depends what takes my fancy and of course if there are any deals going down!!

HensonA
20-07-10, 01:17 AM
I'm more than happy with the CB1000R I bought in May. Engine is a slightly de-tuned 2007 Fireblade engine which Honda decided was the best recent Firebalde engine to tweak for a street bike.

It has excellent low and mid-range torque for this naked street version.

Riding position is very comfortable with the bars much higher than on supersports bikes.

GWs did a very good deal on part ex for my previous bike and I had their race kit fitted which was on offer at the time.

Ade

Jon_W
20-07-10, 08:03 AM
What's wrong with the Blade??? There aren't many bike around that are as good an all rounder as a 900 Fireblade.

If your after a straight bar bike, how about a Cb1300??

igbell
20-07-10, 04:53 PM
What type of riding do you do, do you want it for work/comute or just weekends, blast bike or a trundle bike?? give us some clues to help go along with.....

Moo
20-07-10, 06:04 PM
At the moment the bike is purely a toy so its weekend rideouts primarily but that might change next year when we move office to Bristol when commuting might well be a good option.

I do enjoy the blast, hence why I might keep the blade for the track and get something dare I say it "more sensible" for the road. Then again I have always lusted after an SP2!!!

Morticia
20-07-10, 09:35 PM
Triple? Only recommend it cos I sooooooooooooo want one! ;D

R6_Don
20-07-10, 09:44 PM
I can see you on a blue 2009 R6, and as it happens i have one for sale at a bargin price. ;D

jonnydangerous
21-07-10, 08:36 AM
your blade ISNT crusty!!!.... its a nice one!
i love your blade, its a good bike....will you ever be able to use all of its potential? or even more if you buy something newer???...

how about a refresh of the blade, suspension and barke overhaul/freshen up, and a professional clean (by Nooj, P.S. he doesnt use the same stuff as i do...)?... ;)

and then buy an offroader??? best of both worlds then, and even better if you buy a dedicated track day bike as well.....

keep the blade mate, dont see many as nice as yours anymore.

"The one you already own is the cheapest one out there"......

forgot to sat that its ALLWAYS funnier when you kick a new bikes ass when youre on an "oldie" like mine.... hahaha ;D