PDA

View Full Version : TYRES!!!!!!!

Ryan
19-07-10, 06:03 PM
I know how many times this subject has been disscussed on here but id rather get some fresh advice rather than read back through old posts!

In need of a new rear tyre on the fireblade, want somthing with good grip but is'nt gona ware out after 2000 miles, ive tryed the Michy 2CT's wich are good tyres but didnt last as long as i may like, any suggestions will be much welcomed. than king you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Sean.C
19-07-10, 06:25 PM
i,ve got dunlop qualifier rr's on at the moment . very grippy not to sure how long there last on a blade though !

hayzie
19-07-10, 07:55 PM
I've had 2 sets of dunlop roadsmarts... which I've toured on, scratched on, & pootled around on and have been rock solid in all conditions, but now there's the sportsmart which are very highly rated, sticky & long life. To be honest I think we're spoilt for choice>> Metz M5, Dunlop Sportsmart, Michelin pilot pure etc etc all supposed to offer great grip & life.
I'll be going for the M5 no... Sportsmart no... M5 no... see what I mean!
:-/

Moo
19-07-10, 10:13 PM
Im in a similar position running Bridgestone BT014s, getting a new rear on Friday cos the front still has plenty of life left in it. Might consider a change when I get a pair or a new bike!!!

Scotty
19-07-10, 10:45 PM
Ryan, I had a set of Dunlop Roadsmarts put on my 10 by Micheldever Tyres (not far from you) and they were very reasonably priced - I can't fault the tyres so far, but it's too early to comment on mileage. I decided to go for something more road-biased than out-and-out sports to try and get a bit of decent life from them and they certainly grip well enough [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
20-07-10, 12:34 AM
indeed, thats where i go for my tyres is micheldever they are very good with prices, might try some dunlops this time then [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

igbell
20-07-10, 04:55 PM
This last Bike mag put all the latest sport touring tyres up against each other and the Bridge BT's came out on top, so maybe have a look at them??? and no they didnt just use them on the road they tested them on road and track.

jonnydangerous
21-07-10, 08:39 AM
Ry, i used to run an avon viper on the front and an avon storm on the back of the gsxr thou, and used to give it "a pasting" and never had a moment of panic...
good in the wet too.....

ktm_man
21-07-10, 11:19 PM
Pirelli angel

mcicy
22-07-10, 07:28 AM
I use Bridgestone BT's on my ZX9R and they grip brilliantly in the wet and dry great all round tyres

Snowy
22-07-10, 10:18 PM
Ryan, I have Roadsmarts on the K and GSA - really good for what I use them for. I get 5K on the rear with both bikes so you should be good for 3K on the blade. ;) They are good in the wet.