PDA

View Full Version : Tank Bag or Tail Pack

Moo
09-06-10, 09:37 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a tank bag or tail pack for my Blade. It doesn't need to be huge, just enough for an overnight stay.

Martin

Roxy
09-06-10, 09:42 PM
I have a US10 & US20 Kriega tailpack..totally waterproof and big enough for overnight plus you can just add to them when you need more luggage.

roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Steve_H...
09-06-10, 10:06 PM
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a tank bag or tail pack for my Blade. It doesn't need to be huge, just enough for an overnight stay.

Martin

Pleeeeeaaassssseeeeee, you can't do that to a Blade... Use a Daysac :o

Moo
09-06-10, 10:15 PM
Hi,

Martin

Pleeeeeaaassssseeeeee, you can't do that to a Blade... Use a Daysac :o

My speed hump gets in the way and I promise I will only ride it in the dark!!

Steve_H...
09-06-10, 10:24 PM
Lol... Mine too, but i do manage, can't suggest any make as not looked into it, but if i had too, i'd go for a tail pack then won't be impeded when need to lean over the tank :)

Ducatista
09-06-10, 10:49 PM
I don't mind lending you a magnetic tank bag.
I have a plastic tank on my bike at the moment so I'm not using it.

One thing you have to be careful of is picking up paperclips in the office on the magnet as they can scratch your tank.

But I'm quite happy to lend it (I'm in Bath Monday-Friday).

Jon_W
10-06-10, 08:05 AM
"Cargo" Tail packs are great value and holds lots.

Moo
10-06-10, 05:41 PM
Cheers for the advice will check out some tomorrow as its POETS day [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
10-06-10, 05:53 PM
I have a US10 & US20 Kriega tailpack..totally waterproof and big enough for overnight plus you can just add to them when you need more luggage.

The Kriega packs are probably the best ones I've looked at.

You can add them together to make a bigger one and you can get an adapter so you can fit them to your tank or tail.

Check out Demon tweeks for an example or subscribe to fast bike and get a 20L bag for free with 12 months magazine subscription [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
10-06-10, 06:03 PM
Kreiga very good!

BB

Honda_Star
10-06-10, 06:08 PM
yep - not the cheapest but another vote for Kriega!!!

R1chie
10-06-10, 10:27 PM
Although I hate luggage, and avoid it at all costs, occasionally it is necessary.

Again...like others...I've gone with Kriega US 20 + 10 combo (helped with getting a group discount from gixxer junkies) and it is top job. Fully recommend it.

Moo
12-06-10, 07:52 AM
Seems like the Kreiga has the vote then!!

Cheers

Martin

Roxy
12-06-10, 08:29 AM
Seems like the Kreiga has the vote then!!

Cheers

Martin

It's a good choice mate

BB
12-06-10, 08:38 AM
I've picked some up off Ebay recently, just like new and reasonable prices too. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Just make sure you know what it costs new and factor in the postage costs.

BB

CBRowner
12-06-10, 07:04 PM
Or, subsribe to fast bikes and get it free and you get bike mags as well.

That's what I did and I got the US20 and 12 months subscription for £36 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
13-06-10, 02:23 PM

That's what I did and I got the US20 and 12 months subscription for £36 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

That's a steal for the Kreiga at that price! £59 on the Kreiga site and all you have to do is simply bin the rag each month! ;)

BB

igbell
14-06-10, 02:02 PM
I have Cargo items that I dont use any more as I have a full set of hard on the VFR

wiltshire builders
14-06-10, 08:14 PM

Not totally water proof. Only the main bag is. I found this out when my document photocopies got mushed after a days riding in the rain. Still the best luggage i've ever used though.

ZZR600Dude
15-06-10, 05:40 PM

Not totally water proof. Only the main bag is. I found this out when my document photocopies got mushed after a days riding in the rain. Still the best luggage i've ever used though.

The US10's should be waterproof as well. Need to make sure you fold the top over at least twice and make sure the opening at the back of the bike.

Totally recommend Kiega never had a problem with it.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

wiltshire builders
15-06-10, 06:08 PM

The US10's should be waterproof as well. Need to make sure you fold the top over at least twice and make sure the opening at the back of the bike.

Totally recommend Kiega never had a problem with it.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

You've obviously never used it in heavy rain. As i said only the main bag (the part you fold over) is waterproof. The other pockets aren't they are only showerproof. Hence the soggy documents.

Moo
16-06-10, 06:21 PM

Just bought the rag to do exactly that, seems that the new offer is a crappy beany hat instead. Definately not waterproof!!

CBRowner
17-06-10, 07:16 AM

Just bought the rag to do exactly that, seems that the new offer is a crappy beany hat instead. Definately not waterproof!!

Robbed!!! ;D

I've got an RST textile Jacket, US20 Tail Pack, and some tools, all of which I got from subscribing to some bike magazines that I buy anyway [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
22-06-10, 03:35 PM
if anyone wants to borrow a tank bag ive got one i dont use....

Steve_H...
22-06-10, 04:03 PM
Just ordered the Kriega for myself, couldn't find anything better online, but guess that really depends on what your riding. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nokesy
25-06-10, 11:25 AM
Just got a great Oxford Tail Pack from GW's (with free bungees thrown in!) - just right for an overnight stay (i.e Wales) - £20 [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'm happy enough! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]. Just fitted to bike and works well as I have a Givi rack that 2 of the bungees fit well too and the other 2 fit well on the pillion pegs.

Scotty
25-06-10, 06:10 PM
I have an old tank bag that I no longer use, free to anyone who wants it. It is an old one but does the job fine (well it did that last time I used it) but don't expect magnets or anything that modern ok? ;)

I'm hooked on Kriega tailpacks, brilliant [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
25-06-10, 08:13 PM
I recommend my nike rucksack ;D Not waterproof, sure but cheap and so handy!

Moo
25-07-10, 09:51 AM
Thanks for the input guys got myself a Keiga US30 tailpack and its good kit. Even came in the same colour as my bike! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]