PDA

View Full Version : The Izzle of Manizzle

allantheboss
29-07-10, 08:52 PM
I'd like to go to the Isle of Man from the 2nd Aug to the 5th. Anybody got some experience of good ferries/campsites/B&B's/brothels? I'd also like to do an unofficial lap of the TT if thats possible?

Any other info would be nice too!

And of course, anybody that would like to come, you're more than welcome!

Chefs- please put this thread somewhere else if not in the appropriate place

BB
29-07-10, 09:26 PM
Next week? Should be going for the Manx GP later in the month - of course it is dearer then! :o

Have a look at http://www.gov.im/tourism/accommodation/isle-of-man-hotels.aspx for details of places to camp or stay.

Plenty to see & do over there and you have to take a ramble round the course of course! It's all public roads, just keep to the speed limits through the built up areas and you will be ok. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

We will be over there Race week (Aug Bank holiday week) but all floor space in our cottage is spoken for! :D

BB

allantheboss
29-07-10, 10:09 PM
Thank you!

Scotty
30-07-10, 04:35 PM
Hey BB, hope the weather's a little better than last year's monsoon conditions... :-[

Allan - there's only one ferry company you can use - the Steam Packet (racket more like) - the Island isn't subject to a number of laws such as monopolies and the like so the steam racket can charge what they want as there's no competition >:( so if you go near race time you'll get well and truly raped for the pleasure. Next week shouldn't be too pricey though. The best crossing is the SeaCat from Liverpool to Douglas [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Accommodation-wise... hmm, it's now school holidays and factory fortnight. I've often stayed at the Hydro Hotel on Douglas prom - it's as good as any of the others really, not too pricey, and only a short walk from the electric railway if you fancy a day off the bikes and want to go to see the Laxey wheel and go to the top of Snaefell 8-)
Best time for a lap is early morning - I went out for one nearly every morning at the Manx last year, back before 0730 for a shower and brekkie :) Take your time and learn as much of it as you can before trying to go too fast, because there aren't any soft landings! :'(