PDA

View Full Version : Lottery Bike - oh the sound

mcicy
28-07-10, 06:31 AM
Was chatting to the misses as we walked around the Calne bike show about what bikes/cars we'd have if we won the lottery, and there is one bike I have always liked not for the look as its one of the ugliest bikes I've ever seen but the sound.... oh the sound when you fire it up.

I'm not talking about a growl from a Harley or a smooth drone of an R1, well better to just let you all hear it, so imagine you are at a bike meet and you fire up the MTT Y2K LINK TO VID (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHrQ-doxbio)

As I said ugly as hell and you'd need a lotto win as they are custom built and cost over a £100,000 (I think most of that goes on tuning and rebuilding the Rolls Royce gas turbine engine, yep the kind you find in helicopters) but just that sound gets me every time (but when I win the lottery do i order the 320bhp or 420bhp version?)

igbell
28-07-10, 09:25 AM
I have liked this bike, but to me the sound of a whistle does not get my knickers in a twist, I prefer the grunt of say a V4 or such....

allantheboss
28-07-10, 10:34 PM
There was one at Calne?!?! NOOOOOO!!!!!

newnut
30-07-10, 04:50 PM
i would love that, just for the sheer amazement on peoples faces when you start it! it would depend on its stats tho. if it isnt as amazing on acceleration as it sounds then i wouldnt bother. sound isnt every thing, just halfords lads think that.

BB
30-07-10, 05:08 PM
Doesn't float my boat either :-/

BB

Nokesy
30-07-10, 05:13 PM
It's just very, very strange! ;D

CBRowner
30-07-10, 06:51 PM
Isn't that the bike that Tom Cruise has now??

I know he's got a very unique one, not that I pay much attention to him, and I think it may be the MTT Y2K :-?

SupeRDel
30-07-10, 08:19 PM
Not the sort of bike you can start and just ride off on.

I never read any of the bumf about it but I do have one question?

Why has a jet bike got a chain.. :-/

Morticia
30-07-10, 10:49 PM
Are you sure that's a bike? Sounds like a plane about to take off to me! ;D
Not my cup of t either, gimme a loud v-twin (like my Stevo) anytime, and watch my smile fill my helmet. VROOM VROOM!!! ;D ;D ;D